The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight Vote_lcapAnderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight Voting_barAnderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight Vote_lcapAnderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight Voting_barAnderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4014

Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight   Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:14 pm

BJPenn.com

Quote :
“A month before the fight, I hurt my shoulder training with Junior dos Santos and stepped in feeling pain in Rio. I had to take painkillers and advised the Athletic Commission about the medicine I took. I talked to my doctors a lot. I did MRI right after and began to feel pain on the shoulder and the medics released me. They told me that was not too bad. It is a small lesion, in manguito (rotador) muscle I think, but it bothers me. I will take some time resting to do the treatment.”

According to an interview conducted with Brazilian media outlet, Veja.com, UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva was injured during his recent title defense against Japanese import, Yushin Okami.

By most athletic commission standards, pain killers prior to a bout would be considered banned and illegal, however the lack of a commission in Brazil means that the ZUFFA designated team had to approve of the treatment on their own.

Intersting to note that Silva was using painkillers before the fight. Since there is no Comission in Brazil he's obviously not going to be susended, etc but is that really fair? Granted, Okami didn't do anything that would hurt him during that fight but would it have impacted Silva's timing, strength, and speed?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight   Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 pm

FUCKIN BULL SHIT!!! Sonnen gets crucified for some bad paperwork and then this guy gets the golden ticket because its in Brazil!!!??! Bruce Lee some ones gotta pay
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight   Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Meh ... if that was Anderson hurt Okami is lucky he wasnt 100%
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight   Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Yeah but Sonnen is an Asshole
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight   Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Hurt schmurt! He was all pilled out, thats the only reason he fought like he did. If Diaz gets a NC for Marijuana to ease the pain.... Silva should as well IMO
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight   Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:28 pm

Ya know..... them Buzz Lightyear toys are made in Brazil..... Hmmm is there some possible link here?
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16396

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight   Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:33 pm

being doped up on painkillers is for sure not going to make you sharper or faster....it will do just the oppisite! im not trying to get in to a huge debate on this but its much much differant than PED's ot TRT!
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9490

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight   Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 pm

I didn't see the fight, but did Okami do anything that would've been lessened by painkillers? I mean did they provide Silva with any distinct advantage? If Okami went and Rich Franklin'd the guy's nose and it didn't affect Silva at all then that would be an advantage. If weed is a pain killer and was keeping Diaz from feeling that gaping vagina under his eye then that's an advantage. If Sonnen was able to hold Silva on his back for 4.5 rounds because of his increased strength due to shooting horse juice in his ass cheek, that's an advantage. There are varying degrees.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16396

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight   Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:32 am

no okami did nothing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight   Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva Was Injured During the Okami Fight
Page 1 of 1