The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC Vote_lcapAnderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC Voting_barAnderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC Vote_lcapAnderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC Voting_barAnderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC   Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Quote :
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will definitely compete inside the Octagon for the rest of his career after reportedly signing a new 15-fight deal over the weekend.

Silva was in Rio de Janeiro for UFC 179 where he was introduced to the crowd before later appearing on top of the cage celebrating with Fabio Maldonado following his win over Hans Stringer.

The all-time record holder for UFC title defenses had his own reasons to celebrate it turns out, because he negotiated an entire new contract with the promotion after speaking to UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta and president Dana White.

"I had seven fights on my contract," Silva said when speaking to Combate in Brazil. "I met Lorenzo (Fertitta) and Dana (White) on Thursday, and that contract was cancelled. We signed for another 15 fights. To make Dana crazy, I signed for 15 more fights. And to make my family crazy too."

At 39-years of age it's hard to imagine Silva would actually fulfill all 15 fights on the contract, but this new deal certainly closes the door on the former UFC champion ever fighting anywhere else before calling it a career.

Silva is currently blazing a path back to action after suffering a horrendous broken leg in his last fight against Chris Weidman in December 2013. Less than a year later, Silva is almost at 100-percent as he gets ready for his return to the cage against Nick Diaz in the headline bout for UFC 183 on January 31.
You may also like...

Jose Aldo defeats Chad Mendes in five round thriller to retain UFC gold
Dana White announces official date for Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano fight
Justin Bieber is training boxing under Floyd Mayweather...it's not pretty
Conor McGregor vs. Dennis Siver headlines UFC Boston in January
Dana White: "If Brock (Lesnar) wants to fight, he knows number"

Silva stated just recently that he had every intention of fulfilling the remaining seven fights on his old deal starting with the Diaz bout in January.

"I'm going to tell you, I intend to do all of my fights," Silva said. "Dana has already said before the seven fights are over so you don't run away, we'll renovate your contact again. He's the boss, it's all good."
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/report-anderson-silva-signs-new-15-fight-deal-with-the-ufc-102714?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10259

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC   Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:46 pm

maybe now we could get to see him fight 3-4 times a year. at MW and LHW. Id love to know the #s of the contract. I wonder if the UFC were ultra generous to him or if they low balled him due to resigning currently with 2 losses
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC   Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 2:28 pm

It doesn't matter if he signed a new 15-fight deal or stuck with the old deal with 7 fights remaining. He's got maybe 3 fights left in him, 4 tops.
It seems to me more a gesture of good faith than anything else; he's just closing the door on any other promoters trying to snatch him up when he's 43 and they're just looking to make a buck off of his name.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7966

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC   Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:15 pm

yeah, trigg is right, this is probably only so he retires with ufc. I don't see him fighting for at least five more years.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10259

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC   Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:27 pm

partially agree with that. I think we will see him fight more often now. In a way im happy he doesnt have the belt gives him less pressure and more fights hopefully. i guess we will see in 2015
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC   Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva signs new 15-fight deal with the UFC
Page 1 of 1