The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight Vote_lcapAnderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight Voting_barAnderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight Vote_lcapAnderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight Voting_barAnderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:14 am

Quote :
Anderson Silva suffered a gruesome injury in his rematch with Chris Weidman at UFC 168, but he doesn’t consider his last fight a loss.

The former UFC middleweight champion broke his left leg when kicking Chris Weidman on Dec. 28 in Las Vegas, Nev., but is confident he will be able to fight again one day. And when he does, he won’t enter the Octagon feeling he’s coming off back-to-back losses to Weidman.

"I believe that, if you pay attention to these technical details, you will see that (checking the kick) was instinct, not something that he trained to do," Silva said during an interview to Globo.

"No, I don’t think (Weidman should consider it a win). It was an accident. And I’m pretty sure I would have won the fight."

During the interview, Silva rewatched the fight and said he made some technical mistakes before throwing the leg kick.

"I can see some technical mistakes I did in the fight," he said. "To land the perfect kick, I needed to distract him by punching him in the face so he wouldn’t pay attention to the kick. He was protecting the upper part of his body, and the raised leg instinctively. The kick was so strong he lost balance."

Silva wants to fight again, and he’s not worried if his next fight will be against Weidman.

"I saw my mistake, and now I’m only worried about my comeback," he said. "If the UFC thinks I deserve another opportunity (against Weidman) or if I need to earn it. I just want to do what I do, it doesn’t matter if it’s for the title or not. I want to do what I do well."

Right after he suffered the injury, "The Spider" wondered if he would ever walk again.

"The only thing I was thinking was ‘is it over? Will I walk again?’" he said "I was scared that I wouldn’t walk again. Many things were going through my head at that moment. I’m 38 now, and I will be 39 in April. That’s what I’m afraid of, but I’m confident that I will. I will be back.

"(You should stop fighting) when you feel you need to stop, when your body and head says that. I think I still have a lot of things to do. I don’t plan to stop now. I’m getting stronger every day, and I will be back soon."
continued...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:18 am

Well yeah. What's he supposed to say, "Good thing I broke my leg, because I would have gotten my ass kicked"?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:35 am

Well he could have easily said, "You know what, I don't know. I was already concussed in the first and got beat up. But, I think I still had a chance to come back."

Because that's the damn truth.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Face Palm
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:25 pm

A lot of people are pretty sure Anderson would have won that fight. After the last one the Athletic Commission has brought in "horseshoe detection protocol" so Weedy can't get in the ring with a horseshoe up his ass anymore.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:05 pm

If the shoe was on the other foot and Weidman said this after breaking his leg, you'd be applauding him for his courage and having the heart of a champion. But Silva says it and he's wrong for not being non-commital and voluntarily pointing out that he lost the first round.

Gotta love it.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12602

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:20 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
If the shoe was on the other foot and Weidman said this after breaking his leg, you'd be applauding him for his courage and having the heart of a champion. But Silva says it and he's wrong for not being non-commital and voluntarily pointing out that he lost the first round.

Gotta love it.

The funny thing is I was about to write the opposite. Keep in mind this is not directed at you. You just said that Silva wasn't going to admit to losing.

But, I can GUARANDAMNTEE you that judging by what I have read from some of the Weidman haters on this site if the roles were reversed and Weidman lost by leg breakage and then made this exact same comment afterwards we would be hearing nothing but "he cant just take his loss like a man" etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:03 pm

You're probably right, and that's why I didn't say "everybody" or "most people" would be applauding Weidman. I was just pointing out that there's obvious hating and bias in terms of how these things are spun and interpreted, and it clearly isn't limited to those on Weidman's side or Silva's.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7951

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:13 pm

haha there are like three weidman "haters" on this site.

the ignorance is not thinking you are the best but is the way you handle being the best.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
You're probably right, and that's why I didn't say "everybody" or "most people" would be applauding Weidman. I was just pointing out that there's obvious hating and bias in terms of how these things are spun and interpreted, and it clearly isn't limited to those on Weidman's side or Silva's.
Well... if you weren't talking about "everybody" or "most people", I would have to assume you were talking directly to me. In which case I can only laugh. I think by now I have made it pretty apparent, I like HONESTY! No matter who would have said it, if the roles were reversed and Weidman broke his leg after getting fuckin owned in the first. Then went on to say how he was certain he would have won if it didn't happen... I may not have commented at all. But I know for damn sure I wouldn't be praising him for the nonsense.

I'm simply implying that it would have been a lot cooler, classier and more Champion-like of Silva to have said "I know it wasn't looking good. But, I think I still had a damn good chance to come back."

That is all that he would have needed to say. Without sounding delusional or full of himself.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Well yeah, I said "you'd be appauding him". I thought it was pretty clear who I was talking to.

And maybe you wouldn't be. But I guess we'll never know. It's easy to sit here and say you wouldn't, but judging by your extreme dislike of Silva and extreme love of Weidman, I just don't think it's all that far-fetched of a statement. But I'd honestly like to believe I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight Resize10
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:23 pm

Well, I guess there's a first time for everything.
LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight   Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva Pretty Sure He Would Have Won The Fight
Page 1 of 1