The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Roy Nelson robbed ? Vote_lcapRoy Nelson robbed ? Voting_barRoy Nelson robbed ? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Roy Nelson robbed ? Vote_lcapRoy Nelson robbed ? Voting_barRoy Nelson robbed ? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Roy Nelson robbed ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Roy Nelson robbed ? Empty
PostSubject: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Mad That was some funny scoring if you ask me...
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 11:18 pm

that was a very strange fight.

roy- had 7 take downs and 4 sig strikes with 4 minutes of top control

derrick - had 51 sig strikes 0 take downs

I wish roy would have engaged more with him. shawn Jordan and meathead both kod lewis and I'm sure roy had a solid chance of doing the same.

whoever lewis fights next ill be excited because that guy throws some heat
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 11:52 pm

I was streaming it at work and stopped watching after the 2nd round, and I honest to god have not checked; Are you guys saying Nelson lost??

I mean it's not surprising if Lewis had a big 3rd round or something, I'm just saying usually when Roy Nelson can't KO you in the first, he spends the rest of the fight doing exactly what he did in the 2nd to safely fuck out a win.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 8:20 am

honestly I don't know who won that fight.

it was roy cage fucking derrick. derrick gets taken down. roy cant do anything . they get up and derrick throws bombs. roy eats a few. covers up. repeat.

I don't think roy threw more than 5 punches on his feet. to me it was a shitty fight. I love roy but he lost whatever it was that made him exciting( at least to me he did ). I personally thought roy won the fight for cage control , top position, and takedowns but I'm not mad that they gave it to lewis at least he goes out for the kill.

his face was priceless when they said who won the fight. lewis thought for sure it was going to roy and so did the crowd.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 8:36 am

I think Lewis won the fight. He was the only one causing any damage. Roy was getting it down but doing nothing with it.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 10:31 am

I was surprised at roys game plan. I thought he would engage at least a little bit.

these are the fight metric numbers but they don't seem accurate. is fight metric a really reliable source?

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/9a984ea967886979

Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 12:30 pm

They always look odd to me.

A lot of gray area in what they call a "significant" strike. Not sure how it's possible for a heavyweight to land 37 "significant" strikes and not put anyone away.

Yet, a butterfly kiss gets counted as a "strike" so they always look over inflated to me too.
Like how Nelson has a tendency of doing those soft short punches on the ground to rack up points. Kind of glad the judges saw through that shitty uncompetitive strategy.

To me, a significant strike is one that
Rocks an opponent, or causes damage, or at the very least turns their head around or stops them instantly in their pursuit.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Yeah that's why I said if Roy doesn't put someone away in the 1st, we always get this shit show from him. If he can't get the KO early, he inevitably and without fail switches the gameplan to Esparza-ing his ass off and just going for takedown after takedown and just stalling as much as humanly possible on the ground and throwing the slightest whispers of punches to convey "actiivity" so he can just stay there doing nothing as long as possible.

And yeah, fightmetric is pretty useless if you're trying to figure out who "won the fight".
It's the equivalent of saying one book is better than another solely because it has more words in it.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 10:32 am

I just wish we knew as fans what the scoring criteria was.

what do you get for take downs, take down defense, strikes, sub attempts etc.

but I'm guessing it is up to each individual who is judging and what they feel is worth more.

am I wrong??
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 1:54 pm

That seems to be the case, which is why we get such fucktarded scorecards more often than not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson robbed ?   Roy Nelson robbed ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy Nelson robbed ?
Page 1 of 1