The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" Vote_lcapRoy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" Voting_barRoy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" Vote_lcapRoy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" Voting_barRoy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" Empty
PostSubject: Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!"   Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" Nelson12
Quote :
Heavyweight contender Roy Nelson is always entertaining inside and outside the octagon. In less than two weeks he will step in the cage and battle another slugger, Dave “PeeWee” Herman at UFC 146. Roy took some time away from his training schedule and talked to VigilanteMMA about Herman. But we also discussed some other topics that turned out to be very interesting as well. You’ll see what he thinks of Frank Mir’s claims that Mir hits harder than Junior Dos Santos; his love affair with old school pro wrestling and his aspirations to tag team with King Mo and his desire to hunt down Brock Lesnar and “whip his ass;” and perhaps most interesting are his views on the subject of drug testing in the UFC. As always, Nelson hit it out of the park with this interview. He’s simultaneously funny and knowledgeable. You won’t want to miss this one.

VigilanteMMA: First Roy, thanks for joining us again. Let’s jump right in. Tell me what you think of your next opponent, Dave Herman.

Roy Nelson: My only impression would be that he’s kinda like a white version of Anderson Silva. He’s unorthodox. He might go out there and start dancing and throw a couple jabs. You just don’t know.

VigilanteMMA: You started with Bigfoot Silva, then Gonzaga and now Herman. How does affect your camp and your mindset to have to go through three different opponents in such a short time?

Roy Nelson: The mindset it isn’t really affected. But it affects your camp. You bring in people to mimic Bigfoot, and then you go from Gonzaga to Dave, there’s three different body (types), three different looks. They fight differently, so it changes some aspects on some levels. But at the end of the day, it’s just whoever’s the better fighter.

VigilanteMMA: Even though Bigfoot and Gonzaga have a little more name recognition, this is still a great matchup, don’t you think?

Roy Nelson: I think it will definitely be a fun fight for the fans.

VigilanteMMA: We’ve seen recently with a long mullet, a bushy beard, clean shaven, and most importantly, we saw you come in really trim. What kinds of surprises do you have in store for us this time?

Roy Nelson: You know what? It’s one of those things you’ll have to wait and see after the fight and you’ll see what the surprise is.

VigilanteMMA: I was hoping for an exclusive, but I guess I’ll wait like everyone else. Who do you have in the main event—Mir or Dos Santos?

Roy Nelson: My pick would be probably 95%, 98% (in favor of) JDS.

VigilanteMMA: Wow, that’s pretty solid. You are probably the best person to ask this question, since you’ve fought both Mir and Junior. A while back Mir came out and said that he is stronger than Junior and even punches harder. A lot of people thought he was nuts when…

Roy Nelson: He is! He is. He’s nuts!

VigilanteMMA: I knew it! I know you actually trained with Mir before the Cro Cop fight. Was there some kind of falling out between you two?

Roy Nelson: You know what? A lot of people’s personalities just clash. Some people…they are what they are. We’ll leave it at that.

VigilanteMMA: The reason you’ve been through three announced opponents for UFC 146 is because of Alistair Overeem’s failed drug test. What are your thoughts on Alistair and the other fighters getting nailed for failing drug tests and juicing?

Roy Nelson: I think in our business I guess it pays to cheat. From who I know and everybody who follows it, um yeah…it pays to cheat. I was talking to a couple people and a lot of us—at least myself—I go to VADA (Voluntary Anti Doping Association) and start doing that voluntarily; and then my opponents are going to have to do the same to even out the playing field. I think Floyd Mayweather said it best, “if you want to be the best, you must test.”

VigilanteMMA: That’s a pretty bold move on your part. Do you think other fighters will comply in order to keep from being “called out?”

Roy Nelson: I don’t think it’s about calling people out. It’s actually just putting your money where your mouth is. Whoever I fight probably after this next fight, I think I’ll just set it up and if I have to pay out of my own pocket to make it happen. I’ll do the gesture that the UFC won’t.

VigilanteMMA: That’s a great idea. I think it will catch on for sure.

Roy Nelson: I’m usually not the one pointing the fingers. Usually the guys pointing fingers have three fingers pointing back at them.

VigilanteMMA: Last time we spoke you told us you didn’t think Brock Lesnar would finish the season of TUF, and it turned out that you were correct. Do you have any other predictions for us?

Roy Nelson: You know what; maybe I’m going have to go to WWE and go hunt him down. He called me out one time to fight so I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!

VigilanteMMA: That could be awesome. So it sounds like you are still hopeful to eventually step into the world of pro wrestling?

Roy Nelson: Of course. (King) Mo stepped it up and actually did. I have to give him credit; he stole my idea and did it.

VigilanteMMA: What would your finishing move be?

Roy Nelson: Me and Mo were talking about this. He was trying to call us the Oreo Bandits. So we came up with the “Oreo Slam” or the “Double Stuff.” We’d love to broaden our horizons and add a different demographic to our growing sport of MMA.

VigilanteMMA: Who were some of your favorite wrestlers to watch?

Roy Nelson: I go old school. I know the guys now like John Cena and CM Punk, but I was more old school when WCW was really big. Big Van Vader, Sting, when Hulk Hogan went over and was “Hollywood” Hogan, NWO…that was right there when I was hardcore. And the Road Warriors!
source

Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!"   Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!" EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:52 pm

haha i love this guy and this just cements the opinion.
Back to top Go down

Roy Nelson on Lesnar: "I might have to go to WWE and whip his ass!"
Page 1 of 1