The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC Vote_lcapBrock Lesnar on his return to UFC Voting_barBrock Lesnar on his return to UFC Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC Vote_lcapBrock Lesnar on his return to UFC Voting_barBrock Lesnar on his return to UFC Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC Empty
PostSubject: Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC   Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Quote :
Brock Lesnar has an opponent for his UFC 200 showdown.

Joining Hannah Storm during the Monday morning edition of SportsCenter, the 38-year-old fighter revealed he will face Mark Hunt at the July 9 event.

"Why not? It could be anybody. I didn't care," Lesnar said of the announcement."

Lesnar said the bout came to fruition simply. Sitting at his farm in Canada, sipping on a cup of coffee, Lesnar couldn't shake the feeling that he didn't finish what he started inside the UFC Octagon.

"I couldn’t live with that decision [stepping away from MMA]," Lesnar said. "Going back to that interview [when I said I was done with MMA for good], it was a hard decision for me to make. That decision has haunted me for the last 15 months, and I figured I couldn’t live like that for the rest of my life.

"I’m a big believer of living out your dreams and facing your fears and just facing the reality of, I don’t want to be sitting 20 years from now and saying, ‘You know what son? You should’ve went and did that.’ And here I am. And on the biggest stage of all – I was on UFC 100, so why not be on UFC 200?"

He rectified the situation the only way he knew how: He picked up the phone, dialing UFC President Dana White.

"It’s very simple. Nobody called me. It was nobody else’s idea," Lesnar said. "Dana didn’t pick up the phone because [they] need to fill a spot. It didn’t happen like that. I picked up the phone. It was me. I don’t even remember [when]. It was three months ago. It’s taken some time for things to play out, but I just said, ‘What are the chances of having Brock Lesnar on the card at UFC 200?’ And we got together, obviously I’m still under contract with WWE."

Getting around that hurdle, much like making the initial phone call, was easy for Lesnar.

"You just go in and sit down and have a big-boy conversation with the boss, [WWE Owner and CEO] Vince McMahon," Lesnar said. "It’s simple. It’s billionaire business, and I’m big business, so why the hell wouldn’t anybody want Brock Lensar involved?

"...I’m a crossover athlete. I’m a modern-day Bo Jackson, people, and I’m excited about it. I’m enthusiastic. I couldn’t be more excited and honored to have the opportunity that both companies have faith in Brock Lensar to allow him to step back into the Octagon."

According to Lesnar, it wasn't Cain Velasquez or Alistair Overeem who bested him, though.

"...at the top of my career, I wasn’t at the top of my game, so I felt like I was cheated out of my career in the UFC," Lesnar said. "In my mind and in my heart, I never lost to a foe. I never lost to my opponent. I lost to diverticulitis. That was my opponent that beat me.

"Other people may have other thoughts and say other things about the way I performed. My performance was due to the illness. I’m sitting here today, I feel 1,000 percent. I wouldn’t get in the Octagon if I didn’t."

Beyond his fight with Hunt, Lesnar isn't sure what his future may hold. In the short-term, he'll compete at UFC 200 and then at WWE's SummerSlam Aug. 21. After that, it's up in the air.

"Who knows? It [UFC 200] may just be a tease," Lesnar said. "I don’t know the answer to that right now. We’ll cross that road when we get there. First and foremost, I’ve got a big event after this event, SummerSlam for the WWE. I’m a busy beaver."
excerpts from mmafighting.com
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC   Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Meh .... ok, Might even ppv this one. Brock is doing it for Millions, UFC is doing it for millions i got no problem with that. At the end of the day good time for Brock to come back HW division not as scary as it was, he could win a couple.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC   Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 7:45 pm

I just can't get on board with the idea that fighting Mark Hunt in his first fight back is a good idea if he is in fact looking to finish what he started or try to make another run or whatever the hell.

If he's serious about this and it's not just about making money or selling tickets, I'd think it would be a better idea to fight someone.......I don't know, less likely to kill you with one punch and walk off before you even hit the ground.

Or maybe it's just that he hasn't been paying attention to Mark Hunt lately and has missed his killing spree he's been on since Brock left, and just thinks he's getting matched up with the seemingly over-the-hill big name that was fighting around that time and he can easily flatten him to help vault him into a bigger fight.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10252

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC   Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 8:42 am

should have been fedor, josh Barnett or rothwell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC   Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar on his return to UFC
Page 1 of 1