The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC Vote_lcapDana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC Voting_barDana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC Vote_lcapDana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC Voting_barDana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22846

Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC Empty
PostSubject: Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC   Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC Brock-10
Quote :
LAS VEGAS – While he wasn't technically involved in the historic all-heavyweight card at UFC 146 Saturday night in Las Vegas, Brock Lesnar requested a cage-side seat to see what all the hype was about.

"He was here," UFC president Dana White said. "I think that says it all."

Well, not really.

Does the former UFC heavyweight champ and recently revamped WWE wrestler want back in the organization that he retired from this past December after losing to Alistair Overeem via first-round TKO?

"He texted me and said, 'I want to come to the fight, but keep it quiet because I don't want to tell anybody,'" White said. "He said, 'What are you doing tonight? … I want to talk face to face.'

"You never know with him. He might want to come back. He might just want to hang out."

The 34-year-old Lesnar — who won the heavyweight title over Randy Couture back at UFC 91 after just two fights in the UFC — had been battling a second round with diverticulitis (the disease cost him 12 inches of his colon in 2011) before retiring from the sport for good in December.

Perhaps Lesnar just had interest in Junior Dos Santos and Frank Mir's championship tilt since he had history with both fighters. The one-time Minnesota Viking and former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion split a pair of fights with Mir and was scheduled to fight Dos Santos after their season as coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter 13."

But there's always the chance that Lesnar (5-3 MMA record, 4-3 UFC) wants back in the octagon.

"I still think Brock Lesnar is one of the top guys in the heavyweight division," White said. "Is he in the top five? I don't know. We'll see."

The UFC boss has heaped tons of praise on the pay-per-view draw and went as far to say Lesnar deserves a spot in the UFC Hall of Fame despite his short career in the cage.

In April Lesnar returned to the wrestling organization that made him famous and challenged new WWE king John Cena. A recent storyline in which he quit the WWE made Lesnar's return to MMA all the more feasible.

White said MMA fans were smart enough to decipher the two worlds.

"I think people get it now with Brock," White said. "Brock is a huge WWE star and huge UFC star. He's accomplished at both. …
source

What a Face
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10301

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC   Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:02 am

Meh. I like Brock but I think he's done all he'll ever do in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59440

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC   Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Nah.
He just forgot what it felt like when Cain and Reem trounced him. Once he remembers, he'll come to his senses.

In all seriousness, this would be a terrible idea for him. If anything happens other than him running through the division and defending the title until he retires, he will be seen as a joke and be ridiculed for trying to return.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22846

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC   Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:53 pm

BJPENN.COM is reporting that the meeting with Lesnar/White didn't go well.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12606

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC   Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:19 am

Chrom wrote:
BJPENN.COM is reporting that the meeting with Lesnar/White didn't go well.

How could a meeting not go well between guys that arent involved with each other anymore? haha
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15320

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC   Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:06 pm

It really is for the best that brock doesnt come back. I just dont think he can hang with cormier,jds,cain,overeem or nelson. if he cant get by any of them he wont hang in the hw divison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC   Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White Hints, Brock Lesnar may Return to UFC
Page 1 of 1