The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses Vote_lcapOvereem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses Voting_barOvereem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses Vote_lcapOvereem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses Voting_barOvereem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses Empty
PostSubject: Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses   Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:24 am

Quote :
Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses Hi-res-a4041efcaa931bf3513b469a41c1c72d_crop_north
Eric Jamison/Associated Press

Evidently, Alistair Overeem puts little stock in the current hierarchy of the UFC's heavyweight division.

In a peculiar interview with Sportskeeda, Overeem, the UFC's seventh-ranked heavyweight, sounded off on the outlandish idea of entertaining a rematch with 37-year-old former heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar.

"Yes, I expressed that after my bout with Frank Mir. I do believe that Brock Lesnar will be coming back, I don't want to call it from retirement, but he is a huge draw, big guy, sells tickets. So that's a fight I would be interested in."

Although it seems painfully obvious to most, Overeem doesn't seem to recognize that the notion of a rematch with Lesnar seems both far-fetched and irrelevant.

Lesnar retired following his lopsided TKO loss (kicks to the body and punches) to "The Demolition Man" nearly three years ago at UFC 141. He's since rejoined the WWE, where he'll challenge John Cena for the heavyweight title at SummerSlam on Aug. 17 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Overeem first began his campaign to land a rematch with Lesnar following his win over 10th-ranked former heavyweight champ Frank Mir at UFC 169.

UFC President Dana White quickly nixed Overeem's suggestion regarding Lesnar by saying the following at the UFC 169 post-fight press conference, per FoxSports.com.

Brock Lesnar is not coming back. Brock Lesnar is not fighting. I mean, does he want to come back? I mean, we've talked about him wanting to come back. He feels like he wasn't 100-percent while he was here and he feels like he sold himself a little short and all the stuff that I've told you guys before, but no, he's not (coming back).

Meanwhile, Overeem switched camps in anticipation for his upcoming bout with Ben Rothwell at UFC Fight Night 50.

The former Strikeforce heavyweight champ made the trek from the Blackzilians camp in Boca Raton, Florida, to Jackson's MMA in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in April.

In the wake of the change, Overeem has offered some less-than-flattering insight on his former Blackzilians' teammates and coaches.

"I do think that my losses were contributed to by my team at that time, because you need to have good sparring partners, good coaches that take care of the direction of the fight, the overall training regimen. I do think that was lacking in the two losses."
continued...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses   Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 12:39 pm

yeah i'm sure the blackzillans told overeem when you fight browne keep your hands down to your side so he can tire himself out on front snap kicks to your face. just sad overeem, just very,very, sad.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses   Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:10 am

I can see it now, "Alright here's what you do Reem! You go in there and destroy the guy for 3 minutes. Then after everyone thinks you have it in the bag... DROP YOUR HANDS! Wait til he kicks the shit outta your face and ahhhh, we'll call it a day!"

Face Palm
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses   Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:18 pm

"Well what if he kicks me in the face and I'm still not KOd?"

"Oh that's fine. Just keep lettin him land it, you'll go down eventually, buddy!"
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses   Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 pm

I am losing what little respect I had for Reem...
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses   Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 1:56 pm

PED testing has ruined poor Reem, he's fighting Big Ben for his career, lose to Rothwell and well, no amount of roids is gonna get it back, after this loss I think he'll be off to Belator to become the worldwide champ of chumps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses   Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses Empty

Back to top Go down

Overeem Talks Brock Lesnar Return, Blames Blackzilians for UFC Losses
Page 1 of 1