The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcapSilva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 Voting_barSilva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcapSilva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 Voting_barSilva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Silva vs Bisping Discussion

Go down 
+4
stock
Chrom
the commie
Triggerman99
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12610

Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 6:12 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

What's surprising to me is that some people are acting like Silva looked terrible or Bisping kicked his ass all over the place and made him look old or something.
Bisping is a notoriously resilient, tough fighter, and Silva still almost put him away. If that round was 3 seconds longer we're having a completely different conversation right now.

I do think Silva looked terrible, but I dont think Bisping kicked his ass all over the place. I think Bisping won though and if round 3 lasted a little longer and Silva got the KO, I would not be saying anything different. Silva looked like absolute shit and KO'ing Bisping when he wasn't looking wouldnt change my mind.

I loved Silva to the point of being infatuated at how good he was at one point in his career. I am very glad Silva lost this fight, because imo he deserved to lose it. He completely gave the fight away.

All of his clowning has gotten so old. Back when he was doing it to Thales Leites it was ok, because Leites wasnt fighting him, but Bisping was walking him down for all five rounds and all he was doing was show boating.

His chin is shot, he doesnt seem to even want to fight anymore when he's in there and I wish he would just stop.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:58 am

Yeah I don't really know what he was thinking.
The general consensus among most pundits seems to be that if he would've actually, you know, fought Bisping for the whole fight like he did sporadically near the end of the fight he probably could've put Bisping away, or at least chopped him down and left no doubt who won the fight.

I don't know, I'd like to say this fight will wake him up a little, but if losing his title in a fashion so ridiculous as getting KO'd mid-clown didn't get through to him, I don't know what will.
Silva's a really fucking weird dude to begin with, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him come out do cartwheels for the entirety of his next fight and then legitimately wonder why he didn't win.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Id really like to know what goes on in Silvas head. Cause he can be absolutely devastating and other times frustratingly weird and ineffective. He's at the end of his career I just wanna see a few more fights from the dude where he uses his skills to Knock people into a new career.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35192

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:48 pm

I just think he does not have good cardio, so he really picks and chooses when to attack to a few opportune times during a fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Krieger wrote:
Id really like to know what goes on in Silvas head. Cause he can be absolutely devastating and other times frustratingly weird and ineffective. He's at the end of his career I just wanna see a few more fights from the dude where he uses his skills to Knock people into a new career.
Exactly.
If there was ever a time to cut the shit and stop with the nonsense, it's now.
It's not like he just has nothing left and is getting outgunned by up and comers who he would've smoked 5 years ago. He definitely is still a scary opponent when he wants to be.
If he showed anything in this fight it's that he's his own worst enemy.
Nobody wants to see him end his career playing around in the cage like he doesn't even feel like fighting. I wanna see him going in there to kill or be killed. Why the hell not? Dude, you're a legendary 40 year old future Hall of Famer currently on the outside of the title hunt looking in, so what have you got to lose??
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10252

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 2:56 pm

rockhold vs silva would be really interesting.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 3:05 pm

True.
But let's let Silva beat someone before he gets a top 5 guy.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 7:03 pm

I think the Uriah Hall fight sounds the most interesting to me at this point.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 8:29 am

That would be pretty cool.
I'd also like to see a rematch with Vitor.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10252

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 12:04 pm

id love to see shogun vs silva at 205. makes sense too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silva vs Bisping Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2