The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" Vote_lcapBisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" Voting_barBisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" Vote_lcapBisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" Voting_barBisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"

Go down 
+3
stock
FistK
Triggerman99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" Empty
PostSubject: Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"   Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:17 am

Quote :
The final moments of UFC 162 is still looping on repeat in a lot of people’s minds. Chris Weidman was given the support by many professional fighters, but still, walking into the event nobody would dare place an intelligent bet against Anderson Silva. After Silva was down on his back, looking up at the lights, everyone in the arena was speechless. Rogan, Goldy, and the fans in attendance were just as surprised as anybody else that Chris Weidman had just knocked out “The Spider”.

Except Michael Bisping. According to him, he could have dethroned Anderson Silva just as easy. In a recent interview with MMA Weekly, Bisping shared his thoughts on the UFC 162 main-event.

“Obviously it would always be a dream of mine to fight Anderson Silva and be the guy to take the title, of course. Yeah I was a little disappointed and I’m not taking anything away from his win, but we all know Anderson Silva was acting like an idiot and he got knocked out. It would have been nice to be the guy that did it, so congratulations to Chris, he’s the new champion and certainly a formidable force at middleweight, but yeah, it stinks a little. I could have done that. I could have easily done that.

Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/michael-bisping-claims-he-could-have-easily-knocked-out-anderson-silva/#SXLiIRs33TTAmWRO.99

I'd love to say he's wrong and completely delusional, but let's be honest here;
With Silva acting the way he was acting in the Weidman fight (elaboration not required here; we all know the story by now), Silva could/would have gotten knocked stupid by pretty much any top MW fighter. No disrespect to Okami, Maia, Leites, or Bonnar (Bonnar's not a MW, but you get the idea), but what would have happened if Silva pulled that same shit against Bisping? Or Vitor for that matter?

http://www.bjpenn.com/michael-bisping-claims-he-could-have-easily-knocked-out-anderson-silva/
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12610

PostSubject: Re: Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"   Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:48 am

I don't see it really.

1) Anderson was clowning around trying to get Weidman to not take him down which he may not have been doing against Bisping.
2) I dont think Bisping hits hard enough to one shot KO him anyways.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35192

PostSubject: Re: Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"   Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:22 am

Agree. I don't think Silva does that against bisping (ie... hands down to stuff a TD). Bisping is also one of the last people I think of when I think of one punch KO power. He's more than a nickel and dime type of striker.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"   Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:01 am

Face Palm 
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9483

PostSubject: Re: Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"   Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:21 am

Cmon you guys I don't think you're taking into account Bispings combinations. When he puts them together, especially his overhand right then he really HAHAHAHAAAAA I can't do it anymore. No way in hell, Mikey boy. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"   Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:43 pm

Well no; I agree that Silva wouldn't have acted like that against Bisping or Vitor or whoever, but that's not the point he was making. He's saying he wishes he got the chance to be in there when Silva WAS acting like an asshole.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15324

PostSubject: Re: Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"   Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Bisping will always be champ in my book and in my dreams. Sleep 
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10305

PostSubject: Re: Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"   Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Yeah...I'll echo what's been said...Bisping is near the bottom of the list when I think of people with KO power in their hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"   Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva" Empty

Back to top Go down

Bisping- "I could have easily knocked out Anderson Silva"
Page 1 of 1