The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Silva vs Bisping Discussion Vote_lcapSilva vs Bisping Discussion Voting_barSilva vs Bisping Discussion Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Silva vs Bisping Discussion Vote_lcapSilva vs Bisping Discussion Voting_barSilva vs Bisping Discussion Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Silva vs Bisping Discussion

Go down 
+4
stock
Chrom
the commie
Triggerman99
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

Silva vs Bisping Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Kinda short notice, but any chance of getting a stream here? Or maybe anybody can suggest a good one??

Last edited by Chrom on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited title)
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7946

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 5:30 pm

shit sorry, i didnt see this in time, but firstrowsports dot eu, always works.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Two things from this event.
First is the commentating on Mousse sauce fight. They wouldnt fucking shut up how underwhelming the performance was, are you kidding me. Moussy dominated the fight against a top ten fighter and all they kept saying is they expected more from him. I understand if they just mentioned that he could go for a finish harder but to completely destroy someone's performance is unprofessional.
And second, Anderson should go home. Yes he might have won the fight on any other judges card and he got more fluid as fight went on, but he missed so many shots and got rocked twice.
He will get ko'd next time he fights someone with power
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:06 pm

GECKO IS LOSING HIS SHIT RIGHT NOW!

Silva vs Bisping Discussion Woohoo
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:12 pm

I agree, he will likely get KO'd, Silva needs to just call it quits. He was rocked by Bisping on multiple occasions and the only time he shined was with the help of a distraction. When he got into a back and forth with The Count he lost almost every exchange! I know Mike's a decent stand up guy, but he isn't great and this fight made Silva look more like a gatekeeper than a former untouchable.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Man.....I didn't see the fight, but everywhere else I look paints a vastly different picture than what you guys are saying about Silva.
What I'm hearing from most reviews of the fight is that Silva couldn't get his timing down early on and Bisping capitalized on that by getting out to a big lead, but when Silva started landing in the later rounds he was lighting Bisping up!
I can't argue about it until I see the fight from myself, but I'm just hearing very different accounts of it.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Silva should have won the fight, i think, but at no point did he dominate or look like former self. He got hit just as frequently as he hit bisping and the only reason bisping look much worse is that Michael has pillow hands and Anderson is wrapped in the same skin as BJ Penn.
And he still got rocked. I only imagine what Rockhold would do to him, wouldnt be pretty
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 8:27 pm

Yeah I don't think Silva is gonna hold the title again, even if he did get the nod tonight over Bisping. I pretty much accepted that a long time ago after his second loss to Weidman. But I still think he's a formidable opponent for most top 10 fighters in the MW division.
I just thought you were saying goes he's totally washed up. That's what Chrom is saying, but he's a certified, card carrying Silva-hater, so I can't take anything he says about his fights seriously.
MMA Purist

lol!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35179

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 8:40 am

The end of the third was fucked up.
Why does it matter if Bisping was pointing at his mouth guard or not whilst getting smashed.
And Herb's reason for not stopping the fight..., I didn't hear the horn.

Just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 11:38 am

Listen, all I am saying is when Micheal No KO Power Bisping does this to you... and you are formerly touted as the GOAT, with the greatest stand up ever... it might be time to hang em up.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 12:25 pm

Chrom wrote:
Listen, all I am saying is when Micheal No KO Power Bisping does this to you... and you are formerly touted as the GOAT, with the greatest stand up ever... it might be time to hang em up.

Well he didn't KO him, so I suppose he's still "No KO Power Bisping" by that logic. He caught Silva coming in and put him on his ass, where he instantly recovered.
If you wanna see someone KO'd, look no further than the end of the third round in this fight.....
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Please someone explain to me why "he was pointing at his mouth guard" is reason to not acknowledge someone as eyes rolled back knocked out.

This is a serious question.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 2:33 pm

as i remember it, the horn sounded as soon as bisping dropped to the floor, so the ref couldnt have stopped it. He had to wait and see if the injured fighter can answer the bell, and since Bisping came to his senses, the fight went on.
And still, on  the skills of Silva point, Bisping might have excellent boxing skills, but Silva was getting punched even when it wasnt him going in and getting countered. Bisping was able, throughout the whole fight, stalk, come in and catch Silva. Thats what was surprising.
I think Bisping even outstruck him overall
Hell, i just thought of it, the version of mousse sauce that was there yesterday, would have beaten silva, maybe even quickly. And it is not a disparaging remark for anyone, even Silva, but maybe i have stared to put his stand up skill higher than they actually ever were.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 5:58 pm

I don't think it's fair to take today's Anderson Silva and say "look at him! Clearly we were overrating him all of these years!". The guy's 40 years old, has 41 bouts, has only fought 3 times since the end of 2013, and has 20 UFC fights, debuting 10 years ago! Of course he's not as good as he used to be!

I'm not surprised Bisping beat him. Bisping was always considered to have a fairly good chance at beating Silva, which is why it was always this big footnote in Bisping's career that he never fought him.
What's surprising to me is that some people are acting like Silva looked terrible or Bisping kicked his ass all over the place and made him look old or something.
Bisping is a notoriously resilient, tough fighter, and Silva still almost put him away. If that round was 3 seconds longer we're having a completely different conversation right now.

Bisping fought well, and I'm taking nothing from him. He deserved that win. But it's not like Silva went out there and just fell on his face.

Also on a side note, all the idiots out there who have been saying Silva cheated his whole career and will be shit in his next fight have to be eating at least a little crow right now. Sure, he lost, but those people clearly expected a slow, skinny, powerless Silva shell to wobble out there and get flattened inside of 2 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

Bisping is a notoriously resilient, tough fighter

No

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Yes.

Only finished 3 times in 35 fights. KO'd by TRT savages Hendo and Vitor and submitted by MW Champ Luke Rockhold.

Stop making me defend Bisping. I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 6:52 pm

well, he is still a very good fighter and i would love for him to beat weidman to avenge what is the end of Silva as we know it, but for that, he will need to fine tune his timing and range. He couldnt gauge the distance and couldnt react in time on many shots. Maybe that is just rust. But every time he gets touched on the chin, i expect him to buckle. So he will need to reinvent himself where he fight differently, like machida, from far away, in and out.
And on the side note, im still on the fence about him throwing that knee when Bisping was looking away. Somewhat unsportsmanlike
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 9:33 pm

the commie wrote:

And on the side note, im still on the fence about him throwing that knee when Bisping was looking away. Somewhat unsportsmanlike

That's completely on Bisping though. It seemed like he was way too focused on talking to the ref about that and not nearly concerned enough that Anderson goddamn Silva is actively attacking him. That wasn't exactly the safest break in action to turn away from Silva and try to have a conversation with the ref. You don't usually see fighters do that when the opponent is that close and that recently engaged with them. I'm actually inclined to believe he was somewhat rocked already at that point and his situational awareness was a touch impaired.
As far as Silva's intent, meh, it's a fight. The goal is to win, not step back and let the opponent relax and have a chat right after an exchange Silva was winning.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15311

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 9:28 am

BISPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay now that i got that out of system. Bisping looked really great in rounds 1 and 2 and i thought he edged out round 4. Round 3 was silva and the knee i put more of the blame on herb dean. he was coming forward to hand bisping his mouth guard when there was like 10 seconds left just let the time run down. I dont think Silvas knee was a cheap shot either due to the fact he has his back to herb. herb should have either yelled time or stayed back till the end of the round cause I have no doubt bisping could have probably blocked that knee at the point and it was that knee that started to make the game changer. I will say Silva was clowning way to much leaning against the fence and dancing will not win you points and even more so if it becomes a close round who do you give it to. The guy throwing strikes and maintaining the center of the octagon or the guy who thinks he is on you think you can dance. I will admit If Silva didnt act like an idiot he probably would have beaten Bisping but Silva gets what he deserves and I am very happy he lost. The way he was fighting was a joke and he took Bisping way to lightly and payed the price for it.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15311

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 9:31 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Yes.

Only finished 3 times in 35 fights. KO'd by TRT savages Hendo and Vitor and submitted by MW Champ Luke Rockhold.

Stop making me defend Bisping. I don't like it.

I knew you would come to your senses eventually. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 10:56 am

Gecko wrote:
BISPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay now that i got that out of system. Bisping looked really great in rounds 1 and 2 and i thought he edged out round 4. Round 3 was silva and the knee i put more of the blame on herb dean. he was coming forward to hand bisping his mouth guard when there was like 10 seconds left just let the time run down. I dont think Silvas knee was a cheap shot either due to the fact he has his back to herb. herb should have either yelled time or stayed back till the end of the round cause I have no doubt bisping could have probably blocked that knee at the point and it was that knee that started to make the game changer. I will say Silva was clowning way to much leaning against the fence and dancing will not win you points and even more so if it becomes a close round who do you give it to. The guy throwing strikes and maintaining the center of the octagon or the guy who thinks he is on you think you can dance. I will admit If Silva didnt act like an idiot he probably would have beaten Bisping but Silva gets what he deserves and I am very happy he lost. The way he was fighting was a joke and he took Bisping way to lightly and payed the price for it.

Yeah the clowning has to stop. It legimitately worked for a few years there and lured opponents right into the web where he would rock them with a sneaky counter, but everybody knows what he's doing now and nobody is falling for and it because of that, it looks really bad of him.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5718

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 3:52 pm

If you take this fight as just the fight itself without the history of either two fighters it was not a bad fight. Bisping couldn't close the deal and really did no damage but won piddy pat points. Silva hurt Bisping but couldn't overcome the deficit of points that Bisping had built up. In the end it was fun seeing the damage that Silva inflicted, I would have liked to see the KO, but the end result will really have no effect on either fighters future in the sport. Won't get Bisping a winnable title shot, won't bring back the Silva magic.... but a good fight to see for free.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 4:10 pm

It may have been the best round in UFC history if you just took the last minute of every round.
The other 20 minutes.... meh.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10239

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:24 pm

silva was randomly fighting each round. if he applied constant pressure he would have got the finish imo because every time he was attacking it was effective. silva definitely lost some timing and might be a little chiny now but he is 100% still a contender.

I think at this point of his career maybe he should make the jump to 205 and lose the weight cut where it might be a better division for him.

but first id love to see gegard vs silva or even hall vs silva
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Yeah when he really decides to go on the offensive it's still one of the the most beautifully horrifying things in MMA, but that's when he decides to do it. Unfortunately, he much more often decides to do the hand jive (baby) than actually attack offensively and go for the kill.

It's very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs Bisping Discussion   Silva vs Bisping Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Silva vs Bisping Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next