The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_lcapUFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* Voting_barUFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_lcapUFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* Voting_barUFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*

Go down 
+3
Chrom
samger2
Snake Five
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3783

UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 am

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Ben Rothwell- Gonzaga looked good, kept tagging Ben with that right hand and then smartly locked on a guillotine choke to finish Rothwell. However Gonzaga still looked kind of winded and still needs to work on his cardio.

C.B. Dolloway vs Daniel Sarafian- Both fighters looked good here and the fight went back in forth ,but ultimately it was the almost finish by Dolloway in the second round that lead to the victory. After that Sarafian was rocked and couldn't really come back.

Vitor Belfort vs Michael Bisping- Bisping was doing good at first ,but then Vitor stole the first round with a head kick that rocked Bisping and swarmed him with punches. Then in the second round Vitor landed another head kick that dropped Bisping and swarmed him with hammerfists.

Edson Barboza vs Lucas Martins- Good back and forth fight ,but Barboza was just to quick and eventually rocked the charging Martins with a punch before swarming him with GnP and getting a submission via strikes.

What did you guys think and who else saw the fights?
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10305

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:36 am

Overall I thought the fights were good. I was impressed with Vitor...he looked super lean and mean, and what many people said happened...Bisping's small jabs with no power couldn't overcome Vitor's power. But honestly I was bummed that Bisping lost...not because I'm a Bisping fan, but because I want to see new blood challenge the title holder.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:43 am

I heard the reffing was bad ,but didn't really see any of the fights except the one's I mentioned. So is Belfort going to rematch Jones or Silva? I'm interested in both ,but don't really think the results will be different.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 am

He is asking for Jon Jones. Which is a fight I want to see. If he did what he did to Jones on short notice... just imagine the possibilities with a full camp!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35192

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:51 am

Meh... I wish he would just stay at MW and try to fight Silva again. What more could you ask for than the top two best strikers in MMA history.

I thought Alcantara got royally screwed with that "back of the head" stoppage. Glad Dana still gave him the "win" bonus.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Yeah! WTF was that!!? That was the worst acting job in the history of MMA! I think he heard the ref warn, knew he was losing and he took his shot. He saw his way out of the fight and with out a loss on his record at that. fuckin filthy!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:11 pm

The thing was, he was actively moving his hands around and actively defending right up to the point where the ref stopped the fight. Then all of a sudden he's lying dead looking on the mat as if he's knocked out. Just shitty.

Looking at the replay, there was a short elbow that was landed close. However, it did not even warrant a warning, and there were about 8 clean shots AFTER that before the ref finally warned and stopped the fight. The punch that triggered the initial warning was clean, and all punches afterward seemed clean as well.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Speaking of bad reffing...the Nurmagomedov fight was bad IMO...it went on WAAAAAY too long, way too many bombs were dropped before it was stopped.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Yeah.... I think he was punched in and out of conciousness about 3 times.
I wonder what Bisping would have looked like if it was the same ref.
The announcers seemed to think it was stopped early.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Yeah, WTF was that shit!? Anik or how ever the fuck you spell his name is a frackin dip shit! Fuck that dude. Mikey was out and would have just got pounded to shit even more had it not been stopped.

Worst fuckin commentating in an event ever!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15324

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 7:57 am

I think the Bisping refing was fine. I dont think it would have made a difference in the outcome. Bisping just got caught with a good head kick at the right time. To be honest i am kind of pissed he didnt try for any take downs. I think with his improved wrestling and great sub defense that would have been the way to go. wrestle with him for the first 3 get vitor tired then unload the bunches of punches for the 4th and 5th. I think Bisping could have came in there with a better game plan than what he did.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 am

Yeah Gecko, I kinda expected him to put his newly found wrestling skills to work and grind on Vitor too. I think what Bispings main problem here was, he thought he was going in against a shell of Vitor, similar to the shell of Wandy he fought... but that wasn't what he got. Instead he got an amped up Vitor who you can't just try to out point, because sooner or later, with his controlled bursts, you will get caught.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16389

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 pm

vitor looked good....i really hope he can keep it together and get that shot at jones.....i feel like he needs a couple more solid w's before he should get the shot.....id like to see him prove that hes focused.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Not sure why, but I hate that he's not staying at MW.
We could have a Vitor/Weidman fight to determin who gets the next title shot.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Not that it's surprising any more, but looks like it may have been leaked early that Vitor pissed hot after his fight with Bisping.
If these rumors become reality, I wonder if Bisping/Rockhold fight could spawn a title shot.

Link

UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* 130120021338-vitor-belfort-500-t1-wide
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Holy cow that looks just like he's pummeling Forrest
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12610

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:20 am

I thought that dude Nurmagomedov's shirt was awesome that he wore in Brazil.

"Sambo...If it were easy it would be called Jiu Jitsu" haha
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 4:17 pm

FistK wrote:
I thought that dude Nurmagomedov's shirt was awesome that he wore in Brazil.

"Sambo...If it were easy it would be called Jiu Jitsu" haha

Didn't notice it ,but that's fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:15 pm

Not sure I would be brave enough to wear that shirt in Brazil.
Shit, I wouldn't be brave enough to fight a Brazilian in Brazil.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12610

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:36 am

haha

UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* Tumblr_mgumx0lrb51r4c1k8o1_500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers* Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on FX: Belfort vs Bisping Discussion *Spoilers*
Page 1 of 1