The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
 TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   Vote_lcap TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   Voting_bar TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
 TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   Vote_lcap TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   Voting_bar TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*

Go down 
+2
Gecko
samger2
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   Empty
PostSubject: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Everyone's thoughts? First let me address the first question on my mind...WHY did they have to air Joey talking about how he sometimes doesn't finish with his wife while they're having sex...and then furthermore, he doesn't like to ejaculate before a fight...what was the purpose of that 2 minutes of my life that is now gone forever??

At any rate, pretty impressive striking by Joey...he took it to Sam and as Dana said, was landing head kicks at will. The only thing I didn't like about his performance was him pressing it agains the cage and just holding Sam there. They're right, he did what Roy told him to do...Roy said "give another 5 minutes just like that"...so that's what Joey appeared to do, just go in and try to win the decision.

Overall, good fight though, Sam didn't look at all like I expected...I think that head kick in the first 10 seconds of the fight stunned him and he wasn't the same for the rest of the match.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:53 am

Joey looked pretty good nom doubt. I thought it was a little early to jump on any type of hype train for sam like dana was starting do. I mean what can you really read on a guy as fighter within a minute of fight where he did nothing but throw like 3 punches. for all we know the dude sam was fighting to get into the house could have had a glass jaw and almost any one in the house could have a had a chance.

but i do think it it funny that that nelsons and carwins num,ber 1 picks have been eliminated by guys who were chossen some where in the middle of the pack. kind of makes you question there picks as the toughest competition.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:59 am

Agree with everything Sam said.

Joey talking about sex with his wife was fucking stupid.

Joey looked good, but pretty much pulled off the standing LnP with some nice headkicks mixed in.

Not a good pick by Shane.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:04 am

Yeah, Joey is definitely a tough guy. But he doesn't really seem to smell blood and go for the finish. He may be one of those play it safe and grind out a win type of fighter. He should train at team couture. I hate to see guys "grind it out" against the cage and throw knees at the butt.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 2:02 pm

I just read an article where Sam stated he has never fought at 170 before. He mostly fought at 205, and only recently dropped to middleweight. He cut down to WW because he was asked to be on the show and didn't want to miss the chance. He said he would like to go back to 185 if he is invited to compete in the UFC.

Might explain his lack of pop in the latter part of the fight.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: TUF 16 discussion (spoilers)    TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:46 am

Well if any one saw last firdays TUF our guy Colt had his fight. He fought like a warrior in that fight. He almost got knocked out twice in the first round but came back strong and completly dominated in the 2nd round with a great ground and pound. i was actually pissed cause colt was laying on ellis and throwing lost of small elbow jabs to the Ellis on the ground and herb dean stood them up. He was working from the top and still WORKING!!!! He won majority decesion. Some say it was contreversal but there was some good back and fourth in the first I would give ellis the round 10-9. but round two i had colt 10-8. Ellis did nothing in the 2nd and spend 4 plus minutes of it on his back getting fluddered with elbows. Ellis had no take downs in that fight and colt had 4. Ellis caught Colt twice really good but colt caught him once in that fight too.

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:41 am

The standup was BS! But I think it should have went to a 3rd round. I don't feel the second was a 10-8 at all... but what ever, I'm sure the 3rd would have went much like the 2nd. "You gotta throw big" or what ever Herb said was fuckin ridiculous! Dude was working and every time Herb said something he did some more work... but it still got stood up. I'm sure there are plenty of wrestling haters that loved it though...
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:54 am

Merged with samgers post
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 am

Chrom wrote:
Merged with samgers post

Cool thanks buddy. i was going to wait till samger put it up for this week but cause it was my guy fighting i wanted to discuss. plus i really wanted others opinon on what herb did in that fight and from what you posted i can see i wasnt the only one who thought that was bull. I need to go back and watch the fight again. you might be right in the sense that the fight might have been closer than i thought. i might just be jaded cause it is a gym partner and a guy i used to train with. But man i know what i said when i heard about huim being on here and one of things i said was his chin is suspect and i am sure you can see now why i was saying that. both times that first round i thought ellis had him ko'ed. But got to admit he was a warrior and kept on fighting where others might have just folded.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 pm

I could see the argument either way. Colt should've been out in round one, big props for cocming back from those shots. To me a 10-8 round should take a SHIT ton to achieve, so I don't know that I'm in agreement with him winning 10-8. But overall, as much as I wanted to see him get KOd for his douchebaggery in his initial fight (sorry Gecko, no disrespect intended) I give him mad props for taking huge shots and then coming back and swelling up his opponents face and having full control for the 2nd round.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:49 am

samger2 wrote:
I could see the argument either way. Colt should've been out in round one, big props for cocming back from those shots. To me a 10-8 round should take a SHIT ton to achieve, so I don't know that I'm in agreement with him winning 10-8. But overall, as much as I wanted to see him get KOd for his douchebaggery in his initial fight (sorry Gecko, no disrespect intended) I give him mad props for taking huge shots and then coming back and swelling up his opponents face and having full control for the 2nd round.

none taken at all buddy. i was surprised to see him pull that stunt too. I have been to several of his amatur and 1 of his pro fights and he never did that before. i was pretty surprised too to say the least.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:22 pm

I'm sure the gravity of this being his HUGE opportunity in life took over and he figured he absolutely had to get into the house. Who knows, maybe he didn't really mean to fake the slap...maybe he meant to slap and immediately go for the takedown, but he got ahead of himself.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 am

wow, who saw that robbery of a call. I thought Matt Sector won that fight or at best for his opponet maybe could have gone to a 3 rd round. I think the judges are smoking some funny things this season. There have been several questionable calls this season.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:26 am

What a freaking boring fight though. It's just getting old hearing these guys say how they're going to knock their opponent out or do this or that and then I literally have to fast forward through most of the fight so I don't fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:07 am

samger2 wrote:
What a freaking boring fight though. It's just getting old hearing these guys say how they're going to knock their opponent out or do this or that and then I literally have to fast forward through most of the fight so I don't fall asleep.

1000% agree with you there. It was a hell of a snoozefest. What got me more is how Matt kept saying he has great BJJ and had the dudes back for almost 7 out of the 10 mins and still couldnt sub the guy. The dude he fought had almost no grappling skills at all and the only reason he lasted that long was he was actually listening and following Roy's commands. That is probably the only thing that saved him there. that being said i feel like Roy is being a douche bag of a coach over all this season. When your fighters come to you and ask why arent we training more than once a day you know you have failed as a coach.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah, he is a terrible coach. I'm sure that's how he does his own training. Imagine Roy's potential if he'd focus.

And then picking a number to choose your next fighter? Whatever...
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:54 am

He's just deflecting responsibility. He got all pissed that he lost his #1 pick and fight in the first episode, so he feels he should just let it rest in the hands of his fighters. It's pretty shitty that the fighter who draws the right number asks Roy for his opinion on who he should pick and Roy gives him nothing.

The fights have been horrible this year. I'm a big fan of the 10-8 rounds, but it just doesn't work out as well in a 2 round fight going to the scorecards. I think being liberal with 10-8 rounds is fine in a 3 round fight. I don't see any of these guys ever sniffing title contention in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm sure I'll be alone on this but I think the decision was solid.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:31 pm

I don't really have much of an opinion on the decision. I guess I was just too bored to even have one. Neither guy really deserved to win, so I guess I don't really care who they gave it to.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 pm

I guess the thing that bugs me is everyone's telling Secor what a bullshit decision it was, and on and on...how about telling Secor what a bullshit FIGHT that was. If you expect to win, then use that world class BJJ and rip the guys arm off. Or stand behind your talk and knock him out...who cares about a 10-8 round, how about a freaking fight rather than just a LnP fest.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:42 pm

^^^ This.
I also don't care about the decision. If you are going to do nothing in the fight, you have no reason to bitch about the decision (even if the other guy does less than nothing).

Mine was just a simple observation that liberal 10-8 rounds don't seem to work as well with only two rounds.
That being said, it prevented my eyes from having to watch 5 more minutes of turds drying.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:10 pm

I think Dana even made the comment that this was the worst fight in TUF history
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:37 am

^^^^^

oh yeah he did and to be honest I dont think it would have matter between Sector or hill cause neither one would make it past the next round. Any of the winning fighters i have seen so far would destroy either of those guys. Heck even some of losers from previous fights could have taken them out.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 pm

So thoughts on Fridays episode? Pretty obvious that big country sucks as a coach...he gave up during the coach's challenge.

In regards to the fight...actually pretty surprised Manly won...and moreso won via submission...and furthermore...he was bitten? Are you kidding me? Okay, king of doucheville has now moved from Colton to Chaney....you think you're going to lose a fight so you BITE your opponent...AND STILL LOSE. Wow. Loss well deserved.

Oh...and I'm not going to waste too much energy on this but Julian is a child and makes MMA look terrible...I hope to never see him fight in the UFC...actually I'm sure I don't have to worry about it because his future is in the WWF anyway....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:58 am

Yeah Julian is the clown of clowns.
I think I said somewhere in another post that he is the epitome of insecurity. Once Mike (I think that's his name) started to even hint that he was gonna start to get crazy, Julian was like "Oh hell no! I'm the crazy guy in the house, so I'm gonna out-douchebag Mike and go twice as crazy, just to make sure everyone pays attention to me!!"

Oh, you don't notice me? Fine. I'll get a bunch of generic tatoos that are visible at all times.
Oh, you still don't notice me? Fine. I'll get a mohawk.
Oh, you still don't notice me? Fine. I'll dye it pink.
Oh, you still don't notice me? Fine. I'll get drunk and act like a fucking toolbag by screaming and punching walls and challenging guys for no reason while running through the house and pretending I'm unstable.

Pathetic.
It's like Junie Browning 101: How to get attention and ensure air time without actually being even a halfway decent fighter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*     TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*   Empty

Back to top Go down

TUF 16 discussion *spoilers*
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next