The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” Vote_lcapBrock Lesnar: “I’m Back” Voting_barBrock Lesnar: “I’m Back” Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” Vote_lcapBrock Lesnar: “I’m Back” Voting_barBrock Lesnar: “I’m Back” Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”

Go down 
+3
Gecko
Krieger
Chrom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” Empty
PostSubject: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:24 am

Quote :
Michael Jordan announced his return to the NBA in March of 1995 with a pithy press release stating, “I’m Back.” On Thursday morning, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar used similar verbiage to proclaim his comeback to mixed martial arts, but with a much more violent twist.

In a YouTube video sponsored by Fusion Ammunition, Lesnar is seen lighting up countless prairie dogs with a semi-automatic weapon. In between “disintegrating” his targets, Lesnar stated he’s finally in good health following a life-changing operation.

“Recently, I went under the knife and had surgery for my diverticulitis,” said Lesnar. “I feel like a new man. I feel great, healthy, strong. I feel like I used to feel.”

According to Fusion’s official press release, Lesnar had a foot of his colon removed on May 26th at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. After a brief hospital stay, the 34-year-old went to his farm in Canada where he has since been recovering.

Although the former WWE superstar didn’t pinpoint a specific return date, he claims his eyes are set squarely on the prize.

“Right now, one day at a time for me,” Lesnar expressed. “I still believe there’s a bright future in the UFC for me. My health is 100 percent. I feel great. My motivation is there and I want to get on the map again.

“I want to become the UFC heavyweight champion again and I believe I will do that.”

After serving as coach on “The Ultimate Fighter 13,” Lesnar was scheduled to headline UFC 131 opposite Junior dos Santos this past June. Unfortunately for the controversial 265-pounder, his case of diverticulitis returned and he was forced to withdraw from the top contender contest at the 11th hour.

Lesnar was last seen getting mauled by Cain Velasquez for his heavyweight title at UFC 121 in October of 2010. He holds a 5-2 MMA record, but four of his scraps have been of the championship variety.
Source

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 am

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:47 am

OK a couple of things... I look forward to seeing Brock in the ring again... Allistair? heh

Brock has a farm in Canada? I am uncomfortable with this! After all he says our health system sucks, (dont shoot yourself in the foot).

You dont hunt gophers you go out and shoot them.

My dad and I used to do that using .22 shorts..... Brock needs a .50 cal sniper rifle .... what a pussy!

Welcome back ... but don't call yourself a hunter until you bag an elk with a spear.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15324

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Krieger wrote:
OK a couple of things... I look forward to seeing Brock in the ring again... Allistair? heh

Brock has a farm in Canada? I am uncomfortable with this! After all he says our health system sucks, (dont shoot yourself in the foot).

You dont hunt gophers you go out and shoot them.

My dad and I used to do that using .22 shorts..... Brock needs a .50 cal sniper rifle .... what a pussy!

Welcome back ... but don't call yourself a hunter until you bag an elk with a spear.

words to live by rendeer
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Quote :

For a fight or two.....then I'll probably be out again.

But seriously, i hope he is really leaving this issue behind him for good this time. It sucks to have something keep coming back on you like that.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4007

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:50 pm

The fact that he's coming back at all from that surgery is just fucking badass...I hope he makes another run at the title
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9483

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:58 pm

He shoots prarie dogs with a fucking .50 BMG.

I guess if you have the money...
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:02 pm

IDK what that gun was called like DEP, but it was pretty fuckin bad ass lookin! What movie have I seen that gun in....
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9483

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:12 pm

It's a Barrett or an Armalite, .50cal sniper rifle. The boys in Iraq and Afg are using them for anti personnel and light vehicle whoopassery. Costs around $3k for the gun, $4 per round to shoot it. Pretty badass.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:29 am

For long shots Canadians are using the MacMillan Tac-50. American hardware, Canadian know-how.

Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” 800px-Tac50

From Wikipedia:

Two Canadian snipers of the same Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) regiment sniper team made at the time the longest recorded sniper kills in history with this weapon in Afghanistan, during Operation Anaconda, in the Shah-i-Kot Valley. On a March afternoon in 2002, Master Corporal Arron Perry killed an enemy combatant from 2,310 meters (2,526 yd/1.435 miles) and Corporal Rob Furlong killed an enemy combatant from 2,430 meters (2,657 yd/1.509 miles) with 750 grain Hornady A-MAX very-low-drag bullets. These were the longest recorded kills by snipers in combat, surpassing the mark of 2,286 meters (2,500 yd/1.420 miles) set by U.S. Marine Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock during the Vietnam War. The five-man Canadian sniper team — MCpl Graham Ragsdale (Team Commander), MCpl Tim McMeekin, MCpl Arron Perry, Cpl Dennis Eason, and Cpl Rob Furlong — killed over 20 enemy combatants, and each of the five was nominated for the United States Armed Forces Bronze Star Medal. Note: Gunny Hathcock used an M2 .50 cal machine gun he modified himself.

Subsequently these records were overthrown by British Army Corporal Of Horse Craig Harrison from the Household Cavalry who in November 2009 struck two Taliban machine gunners in a double kill south of Musa Qala in Helmand Province in Afghanistan at a range of 2,475 m (2,707 yd/1.538 mi) using a .338 Lapua Magnum chambered British-made L115A3 Long Range Rifle.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31178

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Brock: I'm coming back!

Dana: great! This works out great with our new Fox deal, those guys are going to be stoked! How about a rematch with Carwin on Nov 12th to kick things off right with Fox!

Brock: Sounds great, just one little thing, you know when that Russian dude fought that giant oriental guy?

Dana: Why the fuck are you bring up Fedor vs Hong Man Choi, we don't do freak show fights in the UFC unless your name is James Toney or Kimbo Slice!

Brock: Well I heard that Fader guy had a rule where You Ming couldn't knee him in the face...

Dana: whats your fucking point...

Brock: Well I was wondering if we could use that same rule only we do it with all blows to the face. I mean it's really fucking hard to pull off an F5 when when you have a shaved Ape like Carwin punching you in the face all the time and I don't know if I can do that Rope a Dope shit agian.

Dana: so wait you want to cut all all blows to the fucking head?

Brock: No no no are you crazy? I just want to cut out the blows to my head!

Brock: Hello? Dana? You there? Ok well I guess you'll get back to me then!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Heh.... its funny cause its.... true?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back”   Brock Lesnar: “I’m Back” Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1