The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' Vote_lcapMatt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' Voting_barMatt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' Vote_lcapMatt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' Voting_barMatt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'

Go down 
+2
DEP
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' Empty
PostSubject: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Quote :
Matt Brown turned a few heads when he mentioned Georges St. Pierre's name in his post-fight speech. Brown may make those people go into full Exorcism mode and have them turn their heads all the way around with his latest statement.

Speaking to MMA Junkie Radio, the surging welterweight believes he has the skills to beat GSP at his own game.

"I know where my wrestling stands," Brown said. "It's simply a matter of executing those abilities in the ring with 'GSP.' I can outwrestle him. I'm calling it right now."

No really he's serious. This isn't some kind of late April Fools joke.

"It sounds f---ing ridiculous, and everybody is going to laugh at me, and I know the forums, everybody's going to talk about how I'm delusional and this and that. ...I know where I'm at."

Brown trains with members of the Ohio State wrestling team and at the Ohio Regional Training Center, which hosts a number of Olympic hopefuls and World Team members. If he's putting in the time there, he may be right in that his wrestling would shock people, but that's only because few would peg Brown to survive, let alone win a wrestling meet with GSP.
continued...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9475

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Neutral 
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35184

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Not sure why the UFC is keeping Brown down. He's proven he is the man after winning 3 in a row in dominating fashion... not to mention the most entertaining fight of 2012 when he fought Wonderboy. Then, after 5 in a row, they are still feeding him gate keepers.
Now it's 6 in a row.
Please give him a shot at a top 5 guy for a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Yeah, they are certainly building his ego if nothing else. He needs bigger challenges.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:26 pm

He deserves a top-tier fight for sure, but he's not gonna out-wrestle GSP.

The guy has been destroying people lately, and he's fun as hell to watch. I think the problem is that he was a b-level, gatekeeper type of fighter for so long that the UFC can't look at him in a new light at this point and realize that he has taken things to the next level.
It's like the tom-boy girl you were friends with for a long time, and then she grows up and sprouts some sweet bewbs and a rockin body, but because you're conditioned to look at her like you always have, it still takes you a few years to go "Hey wait a minute, is she hot now?"

Like they say; all you can do is keep winning. He'll get his shot if he keeps doing that.

But he ain't gonna out-wrestle GSP.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Imaginative fellow and I find one of his quotes fairly accurate!

"It sounds f---ing ridiculous, and everybody is going to laugh at me, and I know the forums, everybody's going to talk about how I'm delusional and this and that. ...I know where I'm at."
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12602

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:47 am

Krieger wrote:
Imaginative fellow and I find one of his quotes fairly accurate!

He posts on the UG daily and everyone is always fucking with him there lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Fighters should not post on forums.
Very, very bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Triggerman knows not of what he says...
ALL FIGHTERS FEEL FREE TO POST HERE......
Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' Shrug2animated hey it's worth a shot right...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 am

Did I just inspire a new smiley?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'   Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre' Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Brown: 'I Can Outwrestle Georges St. Pierre'
Page 1 of 1