The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' Vote_lcapJohny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' Voting_barJohny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' Vote_lcapJohny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' Voting_barJohny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' Empty
PostSubject: Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?'   Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 pm

From MMA Weekly March 4, 2013

..."He (GSP) said the only reason why I'm not the No. 1 contender in his eyes is because he thought I lost to Josh Koscheck. And so that's his claim, right? That's it,” said Hendricks.

“Who is he to be my judge? Who is he to keep me from something that I've earned. So that being said, that doesn't make any sense. I think that it might be that he's worried about my power and my wrestling abilities.”

Heh... oh crap, another fighter wanting to whine his way into a title shot instead of fighting his way into a title shot. clown
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?'   Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:03 pm

WHAT!?
He has earned his shot more than anyone in the history of earning shots!

14-1 with his last 3 all being against top 5ers.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?'   Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:22 pm

If hendricks does beat condit there is absoulty no reason that any body GSP,UFC,Dana would convince me that is there is another fighter more deserving of this shot. If he does get passed by again with a win on condit, i would have to say there is some geniune fear within the company that there goldenboy could be dethroned.

Side note: Johnny most defently beat koscheck. The fact alone that he ko'ed fitch and kampmann i would say is enough to put him on top right now.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?'   Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Yeah, this is definitely a case where this guy has a legit gripe. I love me some Diaz, but Hendricks is absolutely getting a raw deal here with beibg passed over.

I'll be pulling for Diaz to kick the crap out of GSP without a doubt, but if there was ever a reason to hope for GSP to keep the title and then have to defend it against Hendricks, the image of Dana peeing his pants and crying while GSP lays KTFO'd on the canvas under a victorious Hendricks is that reason.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?'   Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Really? GSP comes back after a serious knee reconstruction, fights Condit as per the agreement pre-injury, then fights Diaz, (like fans have wanted, not just wanted but creaming their jeans over) and somehow this is ducking Hendricks....? Somehow the UFC is protecting GSP? Somehow GSP is scared of Hendricks? I call total BS on this ... how many guys is GSP supposed to fight in a row?

Yeah cause Diaz and Condit are total gimmie fights with Tin Cans....

Maybe GSP should just fight in an endless tournament one night with all the up and comers (whoever whines the loudest gets the first fight) and have him fight until he loses?

Show me the ducking, show me the fear, show me the fixing.... please.

I see the logic of fighting Condit first, I see the logic of fighting Diaz second. Who's next? Well not Hendriks.... cause Condit is gonna kill his sorry ass and then where does he fit on the list?

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?'   Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm not gonna get into this too much with you, mostly because I feel like I would be shitting on Diaz if I did.
But the fact of the matter is Hendricks clearly (it's not even worth debating) has the best resume of any WW right now for a title shot. Shit, he might have the best case for a title shot of any MMA fighter in any weight class right now. This isn't Chris Weidman we're talking about here.
What compounds the issue is the fact that Diaz is getting the shot. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled about that, but he did just lose his last fight, and he is coming off of a suspension.

If you're Johnny Hendricks, you feel cheated and you're pissed. And you're absolutely justified to feel that way.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?'   Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:20 am

Krieger wrote:
Really? GSP comes back after a serious knee reconstruction, fights Condit as per the agreement pre-injury, then fights Diaz, (like fans have wanted, not just wanted but creaming their jeans over) and somehow this is ducking Hendricks....? Somehow the UFC is protecting GSP? Somehow GSP is scared of Hendricks? I call total BS on this ... how many guys is GSP supposed to fight in a row?

Yeah cause Diaz and Condit are total gimmie fights with Tin Cans....

Maybe GSP should just fight in an endless tournament one night with all the up and comers (whoever whines the loudest gets the first fight) and have him fight until he loses?

Show me the ducking, show me the fear, show me the fixing.... please.

I see the logic of fighting Condit first, I see the logic of fighting Diaz second. Who's next? Well not Hendriks.... cause Condit is gonna kill his sorry ass and then where does he fit on the list?

I dont think anyone is saying GSP is scared of hendricks, it's just that GSP's comment that he "doesnt think Hendricks is the number one contender because he thought he lost to koscheck" two fights ago is fucking ridiculous considering he is fighting someone coming off a loss...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?'   Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?' Empty

Back to top Go down

Johny Hendricks Won't Be Denied: ‘Who is Georges St-Pierre to be My Judge?'
Page 1 of 1