The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting Vote_lcapGeorges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting Voting_barGeorges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting Vote_lcapGeorges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting Voting_barGeorges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting

Go down 
+3
Gecko
Krieger
drainbamage
7 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10259

Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting Empty
PostSubject: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 8:30 am

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/20/11982548/georges-st-pierre-announces-he-is-ready-to-return-to-fighting

Georges St-Pierre, a man widely considered to be the greatest welterweight to ever compete in mixed martial arts, is ready to give it one more good run. St-Pierre announced Monday on The MMA Hour that he has decided to end his nearly three-year hiatus and return to the Octagon, provided that his management and the UFC are able to come to terms on a deal.

"Exactly. That's what I'm saying," St-Pierre, 35, said when asked point blank if he was announcing his return. "I'm ready. I'm an emotional guy. My agents, even before I came on the show today, they briefed me. They said, ‘don't say this, don't say that.' They briefed me, they said, ‘we're in negotiations, remember, blah, blah, blah.' Like, yeah, yeah, yeah, don't worry, I'm not a kid. But I'm an emotional guy, and when I get emotional sometimes, I say things that are necessarily in the best of my interests, and I'm trying to not go overboard with that.

"But the only thing is, I love my sport and I still feel I'm at my best right now. The clock is running. I'm not getting any younger. I'm in the peak of my career and if there is a shot, there is another goal, another run, I better do it and do it quick, because it is time to do it now."
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 9:00 am

he wants bisping!!!

that's the fight he wants to return too.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 11:57 am

That'd be a good comeback fight. Big money, title, and won't get hurt too bad.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Not saying this cause Bisping is my boy but I would put all my money on Bisping this fight. Bisping would be a tough fight for any guy coming off a major lay off and Bisping is on a big high right now. Beat Silva, Beat Rockhold and took the title. On a 4 fight win streak and Bisping is going to be a lot bigger than GSP's usual bath of guys he fights at WW.

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:52 am

Interesting fight.... I like Bisping BUT GSP wins this one BIG.... take downs, GNP, Bisping doesn't make it to the end of the fight. Just sayin Geck....
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35199

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 11:05 am

I don't think so.
I see it as an absolute toss-up in a not-so-exciting fight.

Bisping will probably be the toughest guy to take down that GSP has faced (especially considering he'll be bigger than previous opponents). Sonnen could not even effectively get him down.

So I see it being the equivalent of an Olympic boxing match and pretty much being a tossup.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16396

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:40 pm

[quote="stock"]

Bisping will probably be the toughest guy to take down that GSP has faced (especially considering he'll be bigger than previous opponents). him down.

quote]

I feel like bj has better tdd than bisping
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 5:29 pm

norcalmatt wrote:

stock wrote:

Bisping will probably be the toughest guy to take down that GSP has faced (especially considering he'll be bigger than previous opponents). him down.

quote]

I feel like bj has better tdd than bisping

That may be true but Bisping is a nice bit bigger than BJ too. I just don't see GSP rag dolling Bisping to the ground like he did with BJ. But who knows I might be wrong. I still think at this point Bisping has the upper hand. Now GSP didn't have his long lay off and has had some fights at 185 I would probably change my mind. I see it going similar as when nate Diaz decided to go to WW. He just wasn't that taller stocier guy he was at 155. I feel the same with GSP. I just don't think he will have the same advantages at 185 like he did at 170. But that's just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 11:10 am

I'm sure gsp will come into this fight much bigger than we are expecting but even so I think bisping poses a much bigger threat to gsp than most would think.

bisping has excellent take down defense but was taken down multiple times by.
kennedy-5, chael-4, Rashad-6, Hamill-6

bisping is excellent in scrambling to get up after he is taken down. this woud be key in a fight against gsp if he could take him down.

I would give the cardio advantage to bisping in the fight and id give him the striking.

someone else mentioned bisping is hot right now and I'm sure that confidence will carry over into what may be the biggest fight in his career.

I think this is a perfect match up and would be stoked to watch this fight.

tough fight for gsp to come back to after such a long lay off.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 1:00 pm

Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting 14093910
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 2:00 pm

Chrom wrote:
Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting 14093910

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting   Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting Empty

Back to top Go down

Georges St-Pierre announces he is ready to return to fighting
Page 1 of 1