The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Vote_lcapLet's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Voting_barLet's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Vote_lcapLet's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Voting_barLet's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman

Go down 
+3
Chrom
Gecko
Triggerman99
7 posters

Who wins this fight, Silva or Weidman?
Anderson "The Spider" Silva
Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Vote_lcap57%Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Chris Weidman
Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Vote_lcap43%Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Back

AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Empty
PostSubject: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:53 am

Big, big fight, so who you got?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:53 am

Silva all the way.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:42 am

Silva gets TKOd in the 2nd or 3rd
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10293

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

I'm not on the Weidman train...Silva by TKO 2nd or 3rd
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:52 pm

While people want to make the comparison of Weidman to Sonnen and point to the success that Sonnen had as the reason why Weidman can pull out a victory, I see a problem there. Yes, Sonnen used his wrestling to basicly dominate Silva and nearly beat him, and yes, Weidman has the jiu-jitsu skills that Sonnen does not. But the one thing that Sonnen has that Weidman does not is that 100% offense mentality. As soon as the bell rings, Sonnen (for better or worse) immediately comes straight forward without hesitation and goes right after the takedown- no feints, no set-up, nothing. And that actually helped him against Silva because it didn't give Silva any time at all to figure out the timing and see what's going to work and what isn't. That's what Silva does best.
I think Weidman is going to fall into that trap at some point in this fight and give Silva that little bit of time he needs to find his opening and put him away.

I don't really want to pick a round because to me, it all depends on when Weidman makes a mistake, but Weidman is getting KO'd in this fight.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:05 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
While people want to make the comparison of Weidman to Sonnen and point to the success that Sonnen had as the reason why Weidman can pull out a victory, I see a problem there. Yes, Sonnen used his wrestling to basicly dominate Silva and nearly beat him, and yes, Weidman has the jiu-jitsu skills that Sonnen does not. But the one thing that Sonnen has that Weidman does not is that 100% offense mentality. As soon as the bell rings, Sonnen (for better or worse) immediately comes straight forward without hesitation and goes right after the takedown- no feints, no set-up, nothing. And that actually helped him against Silva because it didn't give Silva any time at all to figure out the timing and see what's going to work and what isn't. That's what Silva does best.

Well I agree with this.

I am picking Weidman, because I am thinking he studied the Sonnen fights and knows what worked.  I totally agree that the reason Sonnen was so successful was that he came straight at Silva quickly and didn't let Silva get his range.  I would hope Weidman will try and do the same.  I think Weidman has the skillset to win this fight.  But, he needs to fight a much more perfect fight than Silva does that's for sure as Silva can capitalize on the smallest mistake.

If Weidman sits back and tries picking his spots I think he will get picked apart.

I am going to pick Weidman only because that's what I have been saying and don't want to jump off the pick, BUT I would not be shocked at all if Silva annihilated him quickly either.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Yeah I think that's what it's going to come down to:

If Weidman tries to sit back and hesitates to go for the takedown, he's going down.
If he doesn't, he could pull off the win.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3771

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Rooting for Weidman, but think Silva takes it.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35180

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:20 pm

Snake Five wrote:

This.
If he wins I just want it to be definitively bloody and brutal. I don't want the nuthuggers making any excuses.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:20 am

stock wrote:

Snake Five wrote:

This.
If he wins I just want it to be definitively bloody and brutal.  I don't want the nuthuggers making any excuses.

Sorry stock, but if Silva wins, there will absolutely, inevitably be excuses....it's the way of the world. Every time Silva wins, there is an excuse, an exception, a loophole, anything.

That's the plight of being the best- there is always an "out" for the haters.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:50 am

I actually didn't realize that Weidman was taller than Anderson

Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman 1013475_10151745161314479_2024394276_n
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:13 am

FistK wrote:
I actually didn't realize that Weidman was taller than Anderson

That actually is weird, because Silva is listed at 6' 2", while Weidman is listed at 6' even. Hmmmm....

Oh well. Regardless, let's all enjoy this:

[img]Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman 20130711[/img]
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 1:51 pm

So we're dubbing this "The Tight-Lipped Kiss of Hate"?

I like it!
(the name I mean, not the act)

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 am

Yeah... that was the first thing that I could think of when I thought to myself Shocked "what the hell was that......"
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:26 am

Chrom wrote:
Silva gets TKOd in the 2nd or 3rd
Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman 5052354_s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman   Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's do this! Make your pick; Silva or Wiedman
Page 1 of 1