The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
 What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  Vote_lcap What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  Voting_bar What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
 What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  Vote_lcap What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  Voting_bar What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  Empty
PostSubject: What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?     What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:17 am

What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  Espnw_10
Quote :
UFC 157 is just around the corner, and along with it comes the first-ever women’s MMA fight in the promotion’s 20-year history.

In the main event of the evening, former Strikeforce women’s bantamweight champion and newly-crowned UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey meets challenger Liz Carmouche in a fight that’s scheduled to go five rounds, yet more than likely won’t get past one.

You see, Rousey is something special. In all six of her pro MMA bouts, and in all three of her amateur bouts before that, Rousey has finished her opponents in the first round with her patented armbar. Eight of those finishes, by the way, came in the first minute, with only Miesha Tate surviving past the one-minute mark.

Safe to say Rousey is a stud, and the UFC is banking on her becoming one of their cash cows in the future.

The UFC knows Rousey is an attractive young woman who is an absolute killer in the cage, and someone that can become a huge star at the box office for the company. That’s why UFC president Dana White gave Rousey a UFC belt despite her having made only one title defence in Strikeforce, and despite the fact she has held the Number 1 spot in the women’s rankings for less than a year. The UFC knows how dominant the former Olympian judoka is, and that’s why they have her headlining a pay-per-view card ahead of male legends Dan Henderson and Lyoto Machida.

The UFC is banking on her winning, and the oddsmakers agree, with Rousey currently sitting as a 12-to-1 favorite. Everyone thinks she should run through Carmouche and continue on her winning ways, and that’s more than likely what’s going to happen.

But what if she loses? What if Carmouche wins? Then what?

This is a scenario I don’t think the UFC is planning for. I believe they gave Rousey a favorable matchup in Carmouche – another fighter who likes to fight on the ground – and they feel this is just the start of something special.

But let’s say Carmouche catches Rousey with a fluke punch, just like when Seth Petruzelli knocked out Kimbo Slice with a jab that made EliteXC collapse. Or let’s say that she beats Rousey with a fluke injury, like when Vitor Belfort cut Randy Couture’s eyelid and won the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship back in the day. Or what if everyone is overlooking the powerful Carmouche and she just beats the living snot out of Rousey from the opening bell? If Carmouche beats Rousey, will the UFC end this women’s MMA experiment they have going on, and will they start to push Carmouche as their new star, instead?
continued...

So what do you guys think, what happens if Carmouche pulls off the upset?
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16392

PostSubject: Re: What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?     What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:46 am

i win a good amount of standard cash?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

PostSubject: Re: What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?     What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:18 am

I'm debating on going all in on Carmouche...
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7962

PostSubject: Re: What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?     What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:27 pm

we all pack winter coats for our death
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10308

PostSubject: Re: What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?     What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Personally I hope it happens. Rousey is fantastic to look at, and she is a great fighter, but the problem is it's gone to her head...she's WAY to cocky for how new she is to the sport...and making her a champion in the UFC without even one UFC fight under her belt didn't help matters. I think she needs a dose of "get dat ass whooped" reality.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?     What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:48 pm

somebody should photoshop rousey armbaring everything, just like fedor used to have. but this time, i bet, it'll be sexier and even dirtier.

but in reality, who the fuck cares who wins tomorrow. womans mma is irrelevant.
cant wait for machida vs hendo.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16392

PostSubject: Re: What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?     What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 3:21 pm

the commie wrote:
somebody should photoshop rousey armbaring everything, just like fedor used to have. but this time, i bet, it'll be sexier and even dirtier.

but in reality, who the fuck cares who wins tomorrow. womans mma is irrelevant.
cant wait for machida vs hendo.

i have a pic of her armbaring my penis......oh wait thats just in my head!
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?     What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:02 pm

^^^

your GF is a very convincing liar Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?     What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What Happens If Ronda Rousey Loses at UFC 157?
Page 1 of 1