The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? Vote_lcapWill Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? Voting_barWill Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? Vote_lcapWill Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? Voting_barWill Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?

Go down 
+3
stock
Chrom
Triggerman99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? Empty
PostSubject: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:16 am

Quote :
We’re definitely trying to prepare for his physical tools, his long reach, his boxing style that he has. But, the biggest thing we’ve had trouble with, to be honest, is we’ve been having my teammates talking trash inside the Octagon, and have me stay calm and not be worked up. I was having a hard time with that. When someone talks trash to me, I wanna talk trash back. When they get emotional, I get emotional back to them. So, I’ve been working on staying calm, collected and still do my technique and not fall into his game. I gotta do a little more work on that, though.

I just got done sparring, and my training partners, Efrain Escudero and Joe Riggs, were told by my coaches to talk crap and to say not very nice things to me. I don’t like it. I don’t like it when people say not very nice things to me. But, yeah, they’re told to talk crap to me, and I’m suppose to not get lured into that game and do something I’m not supposed to do.I’m supposed to stay calm and collected and implement my game plan, still. I have been having a hard time with that, but hopefully, we get that taken care of, and come fight night, I won’t allow any of that trash talking to get into my head and affect my game.”

- UFC lightweight champion, Benson Henderson via Inside MMA.

http://www.bjpenn.com/benson-henderson-details-training-in-the-cage-for-diaz-trash-talk-ufc-news/
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:08 am

HAahaaa, can simulate that shit!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:46 pm

If Henderson fights the way he did in Henderons/Edgar I, this should be fight of the night. I love these type of fights where 1 guy has such a huge advantage in size and strength, while the other guy has a big advantage in boxing and jiu jitsu. Henderson probably also has the edge in wrestling and gnp from top. I would give no edge in cardio... the Diaz's cardio is extremely underrated. If these guys are both looking for a finsih, I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:14 am

I don't think I have ever heard of a fighter training to deal with shit-talking...

Neutral
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10302

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 am

I think Henderson will be thrown off his game by Diaz' sick jitz skills screw the trash talking, war diaz with a nasty triangle!!
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Henderson via UD, Fight of the Night for sure though.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:36 am

Doesn't seem like the smartest maneuver in the world announcing that you are having trouble dealing with something that your opponent is good at...lol
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:52 am

Or..... he's just trying to bait diaz into more trash talking.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:11 pm

stock wrote:
The purpose of that being what, exactly? It's not like Diaz's trash talking is going to throw him off of his own game. lol
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
stock wrote:
The purpose of that being what, exactly? It's not like Diaz's trash talking is going to throw him off of his own game. lol

That's exactly what I was going to say...lol
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 6:32 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
stock wrote:

That's exactly what I was going to say...lol

This is like baiting GSP into trying more Takedowns or telling Aaron Rodgers our team is awesome against the run, but we struggle against the pass...lol
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:10 am

The difference is takedowns score more points than trash talking. Diaz likes to do that stupid thing where he puts his hands down by his hips and let his opponent punch him. The more Diaz does this, the more chances for an easy takedown.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:19 am

I can't wait to see Henderson take him down...because then I get to see Diaz wrap his lanky limbs around his head and sink in a sweet triangle off his back.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 am

I sure hope so. I also hope there is another double middle finger salute.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:19 am

samger2 wrote:
I can't wait to see Henderson take him down...because then I get to see Diaz wrap his lanky limbs around his head and sink in a sweet triangle off his back.

I wouldn't mind seeing that either, but just because I want to see how henderson reacts. That fucker has seemed unsubmittable so far. Would be very interesting...
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:25 am

I'm not a Diaz fan...but I am a fan of finishers...and Diaz is a finisher.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Weird... but I'm more of a Nate fan than a Nick fan these days. Nate seems to have a tad more class, personality.... and I haven't heard him whine just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?   Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Ben Henderson be thrown off of his game by the trash talking of Nate Diaz?
Page 1 of 1