The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him Vote_lcapNate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him Voting_barNate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him Vote_lcapNate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him Voting_barNate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him Empty
PostSubject: Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him   Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Quote :
Nate Diaz, at UFC on Fox 5 on Dec. 8, has a shot at the UFC lightweight championship currently wrapped around Benson Henderson’s waist.

He knows a lot about Henderson’s style and how to fight him, but perhaps more so than that, Diaz is sure that he doesn’t want the fight to be left in the hands of the judges.

Of his last six fights to go the distance, Diaz has lost five of them. The only one that didn’t was his lopsided victory over Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone at UFC 141. The overwhelming trend of decisions not ending up in his favor is something that Diaz believes will continue if he doesn’t do something about it.

“I don’t think I got a chance of winning any type of decision,” he said on Monday night’s edition of Inside MMA on AXS TV. “So I gotta go out there and do what I can do to try and finish my opponent, try to be the better fighter and win the fight.”

That’s not to say that Diaz wouldn’t give it his all if he’s unable to finish Henderson, he just feels it’s an uphill battle that he’s not likely to win when math is involved in the process. He doesn’t want anyone to have to add up the cards.

His trainer and manager Cesar Gracie agrees, believing that neither Nate nor Nick get a fair shake when the fight is left up to the judges.

“I’ve never really seen a close decision where the nod is given to the Diaz’s,” said Gracie on Inside MMA. “If it’s close, they’re going to lose. I don’t know why, maybe the judges don’t really care for them much that much; they’re brash.

“At the end of the day, the fans know who wins fights and the fans are the ones that love to see these guys fight.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/nate-diaz-believes-he-has-to-finish-benson-henderson-has-no-shot-at-any-type-of-decision
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him   Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 am

I agree with this.
I don't think it's any sort of conspiracy. It's just that the diaz's fight like fighters and don't care about scoring points, preventing takedowns, or taking a few jabs. They only do things if they think it will help them finish the fight, and I see them get taken down a lot since they don't mind fighting off their back, or they walk through jabs to get inside or clinch up. However, when the fight goes to the cards, the judges are adding up all those takedowns and pointless leg jabs.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10302

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him   Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:17 am

Yep I agree...and that's why I'm looking forward to the fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him   Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:09 pm

I don't think it's a conspiracy, either (looks like Cesar Gracie added that little bit of conspiracy BS in there himself). Sounds like Nate himself doesn't even really know why it keeps happening. The good news is that he's going to be looking for the kill in this fight (not that that's any different from any of his other fights).

I think this is a bad match-up for Henderson.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him   Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:01 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I don't think it's a conspiracy, either (looks like Cesar Gracie added that little bit of conspiracy BS in there himself). Sounds like Nate himself doesn't even really know why it keeps happening. The good news is that he's going to be looking for the kill in this fight (not that that's any different from any of his other fights).

I think this is a bad match-up for Henderson.

100% agree. i see nate taking this fight. he has the better ground game. he is gonna have areach for that jab of his and i think nate is more aggressive too. this is nates fight to win or lose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him   Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him Empty

Back to top Go down

Nate Diaz says his only chance at defeating Henderson is to finish him
Page 1 of 1