The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  Vote_lcapTime for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  Voting_barTime for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  Vote_lcapTime for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  Voting_barTime for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.

Go down 
+2
Chrom
Krieger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  Empty
PostSubject: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:27 am

I love this guy... in his day one of the best, one of the most classiest fighters in the ring.... but watching him get Cung Le'd on Saturday hurt me. It was just sad to see... what should have been a joyous reveling in seeing a massive KO turned into a "wincing ... oooooo" as I watched him fall. (the slow mo was worse).

Cmon Rich ... hang em up. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:25 am

Agreed. Love the guy and what he has done, but man that was a viscous KO! You don't want to see too many of those... unless its Bisping...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:36 am

Chrom wrote:
Agreed. Love the guy and what he has done, but man that was a viscous KO! You don't want to see too many of those... unless its Bisping...

Troll
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:46 am

Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  21701_512197635465883_743054690_n
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:27 am

^^^^^^^^^^

hahahaha nice very nice
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7956

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:57 pm

hmmm i dont know how much math is left in that cranium of his.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:50 pm

I do agree with every one else rich needs to hang them up. He's starting to look matt hueghs did in the end. Where catching him and ko'ing him has gotten easier to do than it used to be. To me thats a sure fire reason to call for retirement. ( wish old ken shamrock would done the same a lot sooner)
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:35 am

Rich's chin was always pretty shitty.

I think he got careless. He threw a leg kick and left his head dead straight in the center line and got clipped. He would of been KO'd from that when he was young as well.

Is it time for him to hang them up? Probably. The sad thing is that Anderson Silva pretty much ruined his career. Think about it, if Silva never came along Ace probably would of been champion for years. I would of favored him against Bisping or most of the other contenders 3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 am

FistK wrote:
Rich's chin was always pretty shitty.

I think he got careless. He threw a leg kick and left his head dead straight in the center line and got clipped. He would of been KO'd from that when he was young as well.

Is it time for him to hang them up? Probably. The sad thing is that Anderson Silva pretty much ruined his career. Think about it, if Silva never came along Ace probably would of been champion for years. I would of favored him against Bisping or most of the other contenders 3 years ago.

i do agree with you to a point. Yes franklin probably would have taken bisping 3 years ago. Rich was looking solid and Bisping was developing and had no ground game to him at all. But if silva didnt dethrone Franklin then Vitor would have done it more than likely. But it would have made for more exciting MW divison though too. i guess you are right about franklin being carless. Now that a look back on his record he has only been caught twice since 2008.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:38 pm

I think he's always had a pretty decent chin, and still does. That punch would have promptly KO'd 90% of the fighters in the division.
I think Rich's problem is his hand speed. He has just always looked a bit slow with his punches to me. He has great technique and pretty good power, but he sometimes just gets beat to the punch. I mean, when you look back, the only times he's been TKO/KO'd have been against fighters with speedy fighting styles and really fast hand speed (Cung Le, Vitor, Silva x2, and Machida).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.    Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for Rich to go back to the classroom.... the math classroom.
Page 1 of 1