The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Where has Rich Franklin gone? Vote_lcapWhere has Rich Franklin gone? Voting_barWhere has Rich Franklin gone? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Where has Rich Franklin gone? Vote_lcapWhere has Rich Franklin gone? Voting_barWhere has Rich Franklin gone? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Where has Rich Franklin gone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

Where has Rich Franklin gone? Empty
PostSubject: Where has Rich Franklin gone?   Where has Rich Franklin gone? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:32 am

Rich Franklin Discusses Possible Future As Color Commentator
By Mark Wayne | January 02, 2012
Source: World of MMA

Eyeing an early summer return from a shoulder surgery that's seen him out of action since last February, former UFC middleweight champ Rich "Ace" Franklin is getting his MMA fix through other avenues, namely by test calling the fights with Jon Anik, former host of ESPN's MMA Live and new member of the UFC broadcasting team.

Franklin commentated on last weekend's UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem fight with Anik and spoke with World of MMA beforehand about the experience and possibly extending his services as a commentator full-time. "The UFC, they're expanding. Everybody knows they're doing the shows on Fox and Fuel and FX and all that kind of stuff," explained the 37-year-old. "So, they're adding some positions as like analysts and commentators… I'm out here this weekend to work with Jon Anik at the fight. I'll basically be calling the fights, but it's not gonna be televised."

With his career in its late stages and himself being intelligent, well-spoken and well-versed in the fight game, transitioning to a gig as a color commentator seems like an easy and logical step for the 28-6 veteran to take. But, as he pointed out, calling the fights isn't exactly as simple as just showing up on fight night and paying attention.

"I talked to Mike (Goldberg) before about the analysis and commentating, and I know what kind of prep actually goes into this stuff and it's a lot," he said. "I went back and watched the previous fights of all the fighters and all that kind of stuff. There's a lot going into it, reading the bios and everything. I just knew when they said something to me about it that it was gonna be a lot of work."

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2012/0102/546836/rich-franklin/

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: Where has Rich Franklin gone?   Where has Rich Franklin gone? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:34 am

I'd like to see Rich fight again.... but not get his face kicked in. I'd sure like to see what he has to offer as a color commentator.... I guess well see. Please don't put him near Jones or Anderson again. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4011

PostSubject: Re: Where has Rich Franklin gone?   Where has Rich Franklin gone? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 am

I think he's kind of at the point where he should be fighting "interesting" fight lime Hughes or Tito are doing. He can't be a title contender at 205 because he's too small. And Silva is still The Man at 185 so that's out too. Lil Nog would be a good fight, one he should win. But ultimately his future is doing something like commentating, his fighting career is definitely coming to a close.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7710

PostSubject: Re: Where has Rich Franklin gone?   Where has Rich Franklin gone? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:51 am

I want Rich to fight Thiago Silva. Both men have been out for a year.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9487

PostSubject: Re: Where has Rich Franklin gone?   Where has Rich Franklin gone? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Off topic but I remember making a "Where's Huerta" thread back at u-f.ca, and the first reply is from fuckin ploppy man lol... he says "I'm sure he'll call you Pete, he probably just lost your number" lmao...
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7710

PostSubject: Re: Where has Rich Franklin gone?   Where has Rich Franklin gone? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:20 pm

^^ lmao
I remember the Sean Sherk vs. BJ Penn thread.. me and Plop went back and forth creating wierd pics of sherk & penn lol

W'sup Plop how's it like up there? *looking at the sky*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where has Rich Franklin gone?   Where has Rich Franklin gone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where has Rich Franklin gone?
Page 1 of 1