The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Vote_lcapShould Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Voting_barShould Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Vote_lcapShould Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Voting_barShould Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So

Go down 
+3
stock
Gecko
Chrom
7 posters

Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame?
Yes
Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Vote_lcap23%Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
No
Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Vote_lcap77%Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Vote_rcap
 77% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Empty
PostSubject: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Lesnar10
Quote :
The UFC's Hall of Fame doesn't have that many members at this point, which is understandable given a very short history with which to work from. However, it's a Hall of Fame set up at the behest of the organization and not an outside entity on the sport, leading many to not put much credence into it in the first place.

That said, it's still an honor bestowed upon those the UFC feels they want to honor, and as the years go on they'll add more names to the list. One name that's sure to be debated is Brock Lesnar, the unquestionable king of the UFC's pay-per-view business over the last several years.

Some believe that fact alone should put him in any hall of fame for the sport, others point to his pedestrian record and the way he went out of the sport as reasons he shouldn't be named. A least one former opponent, who happens to be in the UFC Hall of Fame himself, is on the side that believes Lesnar should join him there.

"I think he definitely should be," said Randy "The Natural" Couture on Tuesday's edition of UFC Tonight on Fuel TV (transcribed by BloodyElbow.com). "Anybody who's been in there and won the title, whether it be four fights or six fight or whatever. I think he made a huge impact in our sport. I think he brought that whole WWE crowd, too. We saw that in the pay-per-view numbers that he put up, every time he fought. I think it's justified. I think he definitely should be included in the Hall of Fame."

Penick's Analysis: Again, it's an arbitrary distinction, and because the UFC makes the decisions on it I think we'll eventually see Lesnar's name added to the list for the major impact he did have on the sport and the organization.
source
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15311

Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:10 pm

No one under 10 fights should be in the hall of fame unless you are on a differnt level like mask making it in. How much of a legacey can one have with under 10 fights?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35179

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:55 pm

No, imo.

However, "The Hall of Fame" doesn't mean anything to me so I really don't care.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:00 pm

If I read Randy's quote correctly, he just said that anybody who ever won the title should be in the HOF.

I need to go lay down for awhile....
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
If I read Randy's quote correctly, he just said that anybody who ever won the title should be in the HOF.

I need to go lay down for awhile....

lol!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5718

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:15 pm

No that would just be silly and diminish the honor even more than it is now with Dana choosing who gets to be inducted into the Hall of Dana.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:31 pm

You guys do realize he held the HW title longer than anyone else in UFC history and is tied for the most defenses... and all that in the shortest time that is allotted to do so basically...
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5385

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:22 am

Wait a minute... Is Randy implying that Timmeh should be in the hall of fame as well? Oh boy, I gotta lay down too.

Trigger, wtf are you doing in my bed?! War!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:27 am

Anyone with a highlight reel arm snapping should be in the Hall of Fame! But for real though, say what you will about Sylvia, the guy is also one of the most defending HW champs. I think both him and Arlovski should be in there.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5385

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:56 am

Oh say it aint so, Chrom!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35179

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:37 am

I'd vote no, but he really is in a tough position. He was brought into the sport greener than anyone i've ever seen that rose to the top so quickly.

Imagine if he would have had about 5 cans before getting a shot at the #1 contender spot and his title shot was like his 8th or 9th fight in the UFC. He probably would have fewer holes in his game, etc...

I see him as being a solid #3 or 5 guy for a very long time, but never able to get to the top so long as their is true tallent in the HW division. At the same time, he walks through anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Chrom wrote:
You guys do realize he held the HW title longer than anyone else in UFC history and is tied for the most defenses... and all that in the shortest time that is allotted to do so basically...

It doesn't count to hold the title a long time cause you are sick.... the only thing that counts is actual title defenses and for that hes tied with Sylvia... yes Timmeh... a guy who had way more fights that Brock, took way more punishment than Brock, gave waaay more back to the UFC in fights than Brock and never quit when somebody punched him in the face.....

Cmon... really? So what's the standard here? If Dana likes you you get to be inducted....
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Krieger wrote:
Chrom wrote:

It doesn't count to hold the title a long time cause you are sick.... the only thing that counts is actual title defenses and for that hes tied with Sylvia... yes Timmeh... a guy who had way more fights that Brock, took way more punishment than Brock, gave waaay more back to the UFC in fights than Brock and never quit when somebody punched him in the face.....

Cmon... really? So what's the standard here? If Dana likes you you get to be inducted....

Sadly i think thats excactly how it works. thats why fighters like Frank shamrock or any one else Dana doesnt like will never make it.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:30 pm

I think Ken should be on there for sure, actually alot of the old school dudes who were doing it back then, for the love of the sport and not the $$$, should be at least considered.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Chrom wrote:
But for real though, say what you will about Sylvia, the guy is also one of the most defending HW champs. I think both him and Arlovski should be in there.
Neutral

OK, I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Heh you always say you're out and then we drag you back in....
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Chrom wrote:
But for real though, say what you will about Sylvia, the guy is also one of the most defending HW champs. I think both him and Arlovski should be in there.
Neutral

OK, I'm out.
Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So I-win-10
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:19 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3770

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:39 pm

I wouldn't mind it considering he came in and became champion so damn quickly. Another HOF'er shoudl be Marco Ruas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So   Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Brock Lesnar Be in the UFC Hall of Fame? One Hall of Fame Member Believes So
Page 1 of 1