The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC hall of fame question Vote_lcapUFC hall of fame question Voting_barUFC hall of fame question Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC hall of fame question Vote_lcapUFC hall of fame question Voting_barUFC hall of fame question Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC hall of fame question

Go down 
+4
drainbamage
Gecko
FistK
stock
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15324

UFC hall of fame question Empty
PostSubject: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 7:56 am

I was hanging out with my girl last night and we were watching a old UFC event, at one point my girl ask me if i thought bisping would make the hall of fame. At first i was going to clearly say No he is a favorite of mine and all but i dont think he has done enough to earn a spot. but them i went looked at who was in there and i have to admit i'm not so sure if he doesnt deserve a spot compared to say Bonnar. lets compare accomplishments

Bonnar- TUF 1 runner up, 1x fight of the year, 1x fight of the night, never got a title shot(came close once),to date 15-9 (8-7UFC)

Bisping- TUF 3 winner, 5x fight of the night, 3rd rank most significant strikes, never got a title shot (came close 3X),Stayed in the top 10 mw for the last 5-6 years,to date 25-7 (15-7 UFC)

After looking at those numbers i must say i think there could be an argument there. what are your guys thought on this?
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12610

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 8:32 am

I think he will make it probably. Isn't he the all-time winningest fighter in UFC history?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:38 am

FistK wrote:
I think he will make it probably.  Isn't he the all-time winningest fighter in UFC history?

I dont know? thats a good question. he might be.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35192

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 1:38 pm

Hall of Fames are more about politics than actual merit.
Bisping is a 100% sure thing. He's been one of the most popular fighters in the UFC since season 3 of TUF.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31178

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:45 pm

0 Titles...

Bonnar is in the HOF because of his fight with Forrest.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 8:57 pm

No way.

The more appropriate question being raised here is whether or not Bonnar deserves to be in there.
The way I understand it, Bonnar and Griffin are in the HOF as participants of a "HOF-worthy" fight (due to its significance in the company's history), not because their individual careers are even remotely HOF-worthy.

You can't use Bonnar's career stats as a barometer for whether another fighter has the credentials to get in. If that's the case, then probably almost 1/4 of the current and past roster would be HOF-worthy.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12610

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 6:42 am

The question was not whether we thought he deserved to be in it it was whether we thought he would get in it. I say no doubt...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:50 am

Grey Suit wrote:
0 Titles...

which brings up another debate is one really good fight really HOF worthy. I can think of guys who put on really great fights that could easily test close if not being better than forrest and bonnar.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 10:36 am

Gecko wrote:

Grey Suit wrote:
0 Titles...

which brings up another debate is one really good fight really HOF worthy. I can think of guys who put on really great fights that could easily test close if not being better than forrest and bonnar.

It's not that it was just a really good fight, it was the fight that brought the UFC out of obscurity and into the lime light. It was basically the catalyst of the UFC's success. No other fight in UFC history is even in the same hemisphere.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Yeah exactly.

I don't look at it like "Stephan Bonnar is in the UFC Hall of Fame", but rather the fight itself, as a significant event, is in the HOF. I kind of liken it to other major sports having memorabilia in their respective HOFs, like jerseys, balls, or whatever. It's like recognition of a moment, not a career.

Neither Forrest or Bonnar has a HOF-worthy career. They're not in there because of their careers.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10252

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Bisping has 15 victories of his UFC career, the most of any fighter in organizational history without competing in a championship bout.

Bisping’s 15 UFC victories are the most by any winner from “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.

Bisping recorded his 11th UFC middleweight victory and tied Nate Marquardt for the fourth most wins in divisional history behind Anderson Silva (13), Yushin Okami (13) and Chris Leben (12).

Bisping has earned nine UFC knockout victories, tied for the fourth most in UFC history behind Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (10) and Chuck Liddell (10).

Bisping’s six finishes in UFC middleweight competition are tied for the fourth most in divisional history behind Silva (11), Leben (nine) and Marquardt (seven).

Bisping has scored five UFC knockdowns from the clinch, the second most in company history behind Silva (seven).

he is definitely hof nominee also for the fact he helped ufc expand overseas. he was the face of england. im sure he will be in UFC HOF
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:21 pm

drainbamage wrote:
Bisping has 15 victories of his UFC career, the most of any fighter in organizational history without competing in a championship bout.

Bisping’s 15 UFC victories are the most by any winner from “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.

Bisping recorded his 11th UFC middleweight victory and tied Nate Marquardt for the fourth most wins in divisional history behind Anderson Silva (13), Yushin Okami (13) and Chris Leben (12).

Bisping has earned nine UFC knockout victories, tied for the fourth most in UFC history behind Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (10) and Chuck Liddell (10).

Bisping’s six finishes in UFC middleweight competition are tied for the fourth most in divisional history behind Silva (11), Leben (nine) and Marquardt (seven).

Bisping has scored five UFC knockdowns from the clinch, the second most in company history behind Silva (seven).

he is definitely hof nominee also for the fact he helped ufc expand overseas. he was the face of england. im sure he will be in UFC HOF

Bisping has never even earned a shot at the title let alone won a title. So what if he holds a bunch of meaningless records that he gained from fighting cans. There is no way that someone from the modern era who never even earned a title shot should even be considered for the hall of fame.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Grey Suit wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

Bisping has never even earned a shot at the title let alone won a title.  So what if he holds a bunch of meaningless records that he gained from fighting cans.  There is no way that someone from the modern era who never even earned a title shot should even be considered for the hall of fame.

maybe he never got to that title shot because 50% of his loses ( chael, vitor, hendo) are to fighters who were on trt ( it wasnt banned at that time but is now banned ) All three fights were title eliminators. denying him a title shot. couldnt disagree with you more about who bisping has fought.. he fought multiple champions, top contenders and who ever the ufc puts in front of him.. his ability to market a fight is incredible. Everyone is interested in watching him fight and he held the uk on his back for almost 10 years. that is crucial to the sport and to the ufc. because of that i think he could definitely be a nominee
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 6:34 pm

drainbamage wrote:

Grey Suit wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

Bisping has never even earned a shot at the title let alone won a title.  So what if he holds a bunch of meaningless records that he gained from fighting cans.  There is no way that someone from the modern era who never even earned a title shot should even be considered for the hall of fame.

maybe he never got to that title shot because 50% of his loses ( chael, vitor, hendo) are to fighters who were on trt ( it wasnt banned at that time but is now banned ) All three fights were title eliminators. denying him a title shot. couldnt disagree with you more about who bisping has fought.. he fought multiple champions, top contenders and who ever the ufc puts in front of him.. his ability to market a fight is incredible. Everyone is interested in watching him fight and he held the uk on his back for almost 10 years. that is crucial to the sport and to the ufc. because of that i think he could definitely be a nominee

And lost to every single one of them... who is Bisping's best win? Brian Stann? Alan Beltcher? He has not beat a former champ let alone anyone who is even close to a hall of famer.

If we are just going by who they fought and not who they beat then Vernon White has a better HOF resume than Bisping.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Grey Suit wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

Grey Suit wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

And lost to every single one of them... who is Bisping's best win?  Brian Stann?  Alan Beltcher?  He has not beat a former champ let alone anyone who is even close to a hall of famer.

If we are just going by who they fought and not who they beat then Vernon White has a better HOF resume than Bisping.

its bigger than who he has fought as mentioned in my previous reply and you could make an argument that he won each one of the wandy, chael, and rashad fights in my opinion.

he is the first international tuf winner, multiple record holder for ufc, was the face of the entire uk expansion and held the UK on his back for almost 10 years, one of the most marketable fighters in ufc history, still an active and relevant top 10 fighter in the most competitive MW division the UFC has ever had. At 35 with a few fights left in him lets see what happens. with out michael bisping the entire uk would give a shit less about the UFC and for that alone he deserves a hof Nominee imo.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:38 pm

I completely with Grey Suit on this. The guy's had a solid career, but has done nothing HOF worthy.
You don't get into the HOF by being pretty good for a long time. You get in by being great, and Bisping has failed to get to that level.
I mean, even the accomplishments drainbage listed are mostly like "4th best in the MW division". He hasn't really done anything that screams HOF, just a bunch of stuff that says "pretty good".

I don't even understand why this is a debate.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 pm

To me the only fighters that are surefire HOF worthy are:

Silva
Penn
GSP
Faber

With both Jones and Aldo are on their way.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:24 pm

I agree with Trigg except the way you get into the UFC hall of fame is if Dana wants you there. That is the number one criteria. The Count could make it in based on Dana love.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 1:27 pm

im not debating im discussing the possibility of bisping being a nominee for the ufc hof.
its not like he definitely will or will not be in the hof .
he is still fighting and who knows what could happen.
all i know is that there are under 10 guys in the ufc hall of fame right now so for anyone to say that he is definitely/definitely not getting in is a bit premature.
with the expansion of the sport and the mainstream playing an influence on everything the ufc does i personally think that he COULD get a nominee.
im not defending bisping or anything else im just throwing my opinion out there and am open to hearing what you guys are saying.
i think he gets a nominee at some point.
everyone else doesnt think he will get it.
okay.
lets eat some turkey!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:02 am

drainbamage wrote:

Damn bro you taught this Bisping fan a thing or two. hahahahaha I didnt even know all this!!!!!  lol!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Gecko wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

Damn bro you taught this Bisping fan a thing or two. hahahahaha I didnt even know all this!!!!!  lol!

the thing that surprises me most is the amount of drops he has from the clinch. i know he has great kick boxing but i dont recall him getting those knockdowns lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:48 am

Well saying Bisping is tied for 4th in UFC history with 9 "knockouts" is a little misleading. If I'm not mistaken, ALL of those were TKOs, while all of the fighters in front of him on that list have several legit KOs. I'm not discounting his TKOs, but just pointing out that we should call it like it is, and he's not in the same category as Liddell, A. Silva, and Vitor when it comes to putting opponents to sleep.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:29 am

yes all were tkos compared to vitors 3 kos (while on TRT), silva and chuck 5 kos each.

no matter how you cut it when you discuss achievements bisping name is right there with the greatest strikers in the ufc.

im finished talking about bisping now.. this thread made me hate this guy lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:01 pm

Lol!! Yeah, he has that effect on most people!

But I'm not trying to shit on the guy. Like I said, he's been really good, and he's been that way for a really long time. That's something to be proud of. I just think the HOF is a bit of a reach, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 10:57 am

UFC hall of fame question Nz0nkx

Troll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC hall of fame question   UFC hall of fame question Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC hall of fame question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next