The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  Vote_lcapUFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  Voting_barUFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  Vote_lcapUFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  Voting_barUFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion

Go down 
+2
Chrom
stock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35190

UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:32 am

My thoughts.

I thought the main event was very entertaining and thought the judges got it right. Henderson looked fantastic. I don't understand the complain train on the outcome of this fight. Henderson didn't even look like he was in a fight afterward and Edgar looked like someone was beating him with a tac hammer on his forehead and had one eye completely swollen shut. The two rounds that I thought Edgar could have won, were too close to be anything other than a 10-10, imo.

Bader didn't look like a one man wrecking crew, but did what he needed to do to get the UD. Jackson just looked slow and unaggressive. He did have that sweet slam though.

Horrible decision in the Shields fights. Judges visions are clearly clouded by compustrike and put no emphasis on damage whatsoever. To be fair, the fight should have really been a draw as I had Akiyama 29-28 (but he should have lost a point for fence grabbing 3 times to prevent a takedown).

Good for Boetsch. That was the fight of the night for me. That's my favorite type of fight where a guy is just getting his ass handed to him for 10 minutes and then pulls through, recovers and finishes a fight in impressive fashion.

Pettis = wow. That's all I can say about that fight.

Yamamoto disappoints again. No surprises there.

Kongo. WTF?? I thought this one was an absolute lock.
Maybe Hunt/Carwin and Kongo/Nelson in the future??

Overall, good night of fights. Also thought the reffing was great.... other than not removing a point from Akiyama (which would not have affected the outcome anyway).
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22848

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:46 am

Your post was too good to be stuffed under shit in another thread... So its not now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 am

I also was outraged that a point was not deducted from Akiyama. That was an obvious example of grabbing the fence to gain an advantage.....twice.

But I was not shocked at the outcome of the Kongo/Hunt fight. Am I the only one?
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28618

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:35 am

the Kongo/Hunt fight made my night! I was all smiles after that sweet TKO.

This card was awesome from top to bottom, the only fight that was 'meh' was the Rampage/Bader fight.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:46 am

Agree.
Seriously, who would not want to see the fireworks that would come from a Hunt/Carwin fight.

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 am

Is Carwin ever coming back? I haven't heard much about him lately....
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5921

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:56 am

I bet on Hunt to win, it was a favorable match up with a big potential for him to upset Kongo imo; the best thing ever is how Mark Hunt seems like he is the only one who didn't think he was the underdog in that fight.

I love his attitude as well, just non nonchalant and humble; at least that is how he comes off to me.

"Yeah" , "Yea, I'm happy"; I think Rogan was shocked to talk to someone who had not much to say.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:02 am

Ha, yeah his post fight interview with Joe was funny shit!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:14 am

I was super impressed with Boetch, I had Okami to win and BAM!

Change of plans Miss Daisy!!!

Okami was single handily dominating that fight, except for some baby leg kicks (as Nick Diaz would say); then Boethc landed those uppercuts and good night Okami!

I was sad because of my bets and what not, but super happy to see Tim pull out the big win/upset!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:24 am

Tim is now calling out Hendo though... which IMO is a joke. You don't get your ass handed to you for 2.5 rounds by Okami and score a KO by punchers chance. Then call out a FUCKING LEGNEND WHO IS IN THE TOP 3! You don't deserve it Tim. Plus Hendo would fucking destroy him. No way would he be able to hold Dan's head down with one hand and uppercut the fuck outta him like he did to Okami... just wouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:01 pm

He has a punchers chance though, I don't think he deserves that fight in any regard; but tell him that, calling a guy out regardless of rank is the best way to get a response!

I don't see it happening cause it makes no sense for hendo, but weirder shit has happened.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:00 pm

I couldn't believe Okami didn't find a way out of that weird, bully-style stiff arm to the head that Boetsch was doing. I know he was a little rocked at that point, but I'm watching that going "Really? You're not gonna spin or turn your head or anything?!"

I don't think I've ever seem somebody just stand there like that and make no effort to get a better position. I don't know, maybe he was KO'd on his feet, but he was there for quite awhile, so I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:06 pm

I think he was somewhat out on his feet for 15 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:15 pm

That's a long time to be "almost" out, especially considering you're still taking punches. I would think if he was almost out and still taking punches, he would have been completely out much sooner than 15 seconds.

Maybe for the last 2 punches he was pretty much done, but the first couple he could have avoided, IMO.
It almost seemed like he was trying to figure out what to do and just didn't make a decision quickly enough.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:25 pm

Yeah, he seemed to just be content to sit there and take the shots and let Tim hold his head down... IDK I haven't fought in a cage or nothing but my common sense tells me to get the fuck outta that position...
IDK he could have been rocked to shit forever or just froze up... or hell maybe the first few shots were weak and he figured fuck it I'll just sit here and wait out the pitter patter uppercuts, then the punches got stronger and POP he goes limp...
IDK it was odd though...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Yeah, definitely looked odd to me. I've seen guys get put on Queer Street and still stand there for a few seconds to take another shot before dropping, but this looked different. It just really stood out to me because it didn't like the position would be all that hard for him to get out of. He just didn't do it.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3781

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:29 pm

My god what a great night of fights!

Fukuda just went all out on Cantwell my god he pressed him up against the cage and worked that dirty boxing like a man possessed.

Yamamoto-Lee was awesome back and forth fight with an awesome submission at the end.

Gomi was getting handled then came out like a spaz of death and tko'd Mitsuoko.

Pettis ended Lauzon with that beautiful headkick.

Hioki showed great BJJ in the first round against Bart. That's what you need nowadays a dynamic guard.

Hunt surprised me ,but man was I happy.

Okami was doing a very good job ,but then Boestch finally came out with a sense of urgency and wrecked. Him that's one of the crazy angles I've ever seen uppercuts thrown from.

Bader-Rampage was ok ,but man that brutal fucking slam by Rampage in the second was beautiful.

Henderson-Edgar was great I thought it was real competitive. But Henderson just had the heavier shots. His kicks even though they got caught were doing damage. That upkick was great as was that jumping headkick while his leg was caught.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:30 am

^^ and +1, well said man.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:48 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
That's a long time to be "almost" out, especially considering you're still taking punches. I would think if he was almost out and still taking punches, he would have been completely out much sooner than 15 seconds.

Maybe for the last 2 punches he was pretty much done, but the first couple he could have avoided, IMO.
It almost seemed like he was trying to figure out what to do and just didn't make a decision quickly enough.

Don't take the word "out" too literal.
Maybe I should have said not with it. If you've ever got cracked real good and things go black for a split second, you are not unconsious but your brain is not working well either. You find yourself going through the motions and being pretty unresponsive.

You hear all the time about how fighters don't remember the last couple minutes of a round or the conversation with their cornermen between rounds. At that point, you are just going to be a punching bag if your opponent can smell the blood and go balls to the wall for the kill.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Yeah I know what you were saying. I'm just saying that I've seen that happen lots of times, and usually they don't last nearly as long as Okami did while still taking punches like that.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3781

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Boetsch is a guy with talent that seems to hurt himself. Every fight he seems to gas and not listen to his corner.

It kind of sucks because he's got nice techniques ,but doesn't really seem to realize full potential.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion    UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson Post Fight Discussion
Page 1 of 1