The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion Vote_lcapUFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion Voting_barUFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion Vote_lcapUFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion Voting_barUFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion

Go down 
+5
samger2
Berserk
9Teen_AT4
the commie
Chrom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion Empty
PostSubject: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Pretty decent night of fights. I think Edgar has got to be the biggest comeback kid in the fuckin sport after last night and his previous title fight with Maynard. Apparently Dana thinks Frankie is the #2 P4P fighter in the world.... IDK about that. But he is damn good. Aldo to me looked off a bit IDK what it was but that fight showed me he can probably be controlled by a good wrestler with speed and the ability to get in there and grind him out. Kenny had a good plan, but he is no wrestler.
Chael!!! Chael is the fuckin man! I loved his little statement towards Silva at the end ad I think it would be a great gimmick for the fight. Does the fight need a gimmick? Probably not at all, but hell why not. I've read alot of complaints at the other sites about how it was WWEish. Hype this and hype that... its all WWEish... what ever. Shit talk makes it interesting for the casual fans who don't know dick about the fight game... we gotta get used to it or choose a different sport to follow. The fact is, that shit sells, always has, even before WWE. The biggest shit talker in the history of combat sports also happens to be the most well known to date. Sure his insane skills in the ring helped but if he wasn't as vocal and silver tongued as he was I doubt Ali would have been this popular still today.
Now, what do you guys think about Stipe? I think this guy has a big future ahead of him in the UFC. I would like to see him in there next against Big Ben or Big Country or someone to that affect, to see where he really sits. But he has every tool needed to be great in this sport IMO
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:19 pm

last night was one of the better nights of fights in a long time. i was on the edge at least during three fights.
that nam pham fight was amazing. a war.
chael is a beautiful, beautiful man lol. i dont remember the last time watching a grappling exhibition and thinking how beautiful it was. it was so fluid, so controlled. just amazing.
frankie i smy new hero. i really didnt care about either one fighter before, maybe was pulling for frankie just a bit 'cause he is smaller, seem a nicer guy and doesnt cut weight. which i think should be the norm anyway. but man, yesterday he did what he did last time and more. i couldnt believe my eyes. this guy has the biggest heart in the game. he just refuses to quit. and maynard really has his number.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Solid PPV from top to bottom. No denying every fight was pure entertainment. Melvin Guillard... Sorry no soup for you. Nam Phan got his true redemption. Most Interesting Man in the world just showed you why he deserves another title shot. Jose Aldo... welcome to the big leagues. Frankie Edgar... I have no words to describe his love for the sport and his heart.

Wow.

Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28629

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:16 pm

I only saw the free fights on Facebook and I caught the last two rounds of the Aldo/Kenny fight along with the amazing main event.

All I can say is that the main even looked almost like the last fight they had back in January, but I have mad respect for Edgar after taking a huge beating in the first to come back and KO Maynard in the 4th! Awesome fight and awesome finish!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:13 pm

I became a frankie fan last night...way to come back from the brink of defeat..wow...and then not just win, but get the KO...fantastic. And damnit, it really chaps my ass that Chael is good. I want him to lose so bad, but damnit he's just a bad ass grappler. He walked through Stann like he wasn't even there. I think he's going to beat Anderson...I didn't think so before, but I do now. There's always someone to eventually take out the champion. When it was Chuck, I couldn't imagine anyone being able to do it...then came Rampage...when it was Hughes...same thing...most dominant welterweight of all time...who's gonna beat this guy? Then came GSP...Anderson's downfall will be Chael Sonnen.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:22 pm

I have turned 180 on Frankie.
Anyone who can finally put away Maynard is fine in my book.

I was literally screaming at the TV for those 3 minutes in the first round that Edgar was pretty much dead. He just refused to finish the fight. Seriously.... I think Maynard is afraid to finish a fighter.
To see edgar come back and knock him out just made my year.

Also, Sonnen finally getting a finish was nice to see. Was the first time in 4 years he put someone away.

Would have never thought I'd see Edgar and Sonnen finish a fight in the same night.

Good win for J-law. That really surprised me. He has the look again.

Stipe still looks green, but looks like he could be great. He looks to have great wrestling and decent standup.... although could definitely get better in the clinch. He also looked to gas pretty early, but a lot of that could have been nerves. I think they said that was the first time he has gone 3 rounds.

Too bad my buddy, Red looked like ass. He was nothing but a Zombie after getting dropped in the first round.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:49 pm

maynard didnt want to go for the kill because he remembered the last fight when he gassed after the first and frankie took over. little that he knew, he would get knokced out lol
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:43 am

Nam fight was great .... completely blew my expectations out of the water... Rogan really wanted Garcia to win .... blow by blow seemed a tad biased... but thats Joe.

I loved watching Maynard get knocked out in slow motion.... over and over... heh that right crushing into his left cheek and putting him down hard was beeeee utiful...

Sonnen was a machine but I still hate his guts and Im looking forward to Anderson retiring him as soon as possible. You have to ask yourself did Stann really have anything to bring to the table against Sonnen? Naw it was a nice warm up .... welcome back to the ufc fight after what? 14 months off? It was a gimmie!

In all of this no one seems to mention LAUZON putting Guillard away in beautiful form..

Good night of fights.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 am

Krieger wrote:
Nam fight was great .... completely blew my expectations out of the water... Rogan really wanted Garcia to win .... blow by blow seemed a tad biased... but thats Joe.

My wife said the same exact thing. "Holy shit do you think Rogan is rooting for Garcia or what?" I thought he was definitely showing some Florian bias against Aldo too which suprised me.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:20 am

Btw - I won some sweet cayesh on Lauzon. +300 baby!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Good call on the Lauuuuu.

He has that killer look in him again after the last two fights.
Losing to Stout and Snuffolufogus really lit a fire under his ass.
I would take Lauzon in a rematch against either one of those guys now.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3792

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Maynard pissed me off I was rooting for him and he had all the tools ,but he just didn't listen to his corner. If you just stand there and let a guy hit you with combo's no less it isn't going to end well.

Florian was doing a good job ,but it seems he'll always be that guy who's ulitmate goal is just out of reach. I think Aldo was too afraid to strike or throw kicks which kind of hampered him because you could tell that whenever he really tried to strike that he was better.

Sonnen showed why he's awesome. Stann has rediculous power I can't wait until he really starts to develop his skills.

Maia's getting better at striking.

Elkin's looked great and the Chinese guy was weird to see he's a good striker with a great guillotine ,but had nothing off of his back.

Nam-Garciia was awesome again with Nam lighting him up with combos and Garcia throwing nothing ,but power shots. Then in the last round when Garcia started using proper technique and combos he started to win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion   UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Post Fight Discussion
Page 1 of 1