The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  Vote_lcapfight metrics for edgar vs henderson  Voting_barfight metrics for edgar vs henderson  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  Vote_lcapfight metrics for edgar vs henderson  Voting_barfight metrics for edgar vs henderson  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

fight metrics for edgar vs henderson

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10249

fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  Empty
PostSubject: fight metrics for edgar vs henderson    fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:48 pm

fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  Ufc150_1
fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  Ufc150_2

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/08/henderson-vs-edgar-ii-official-ufc.html

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

PostSubject: Re: fight metrics for edgar vs henderson    fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:07 pm

And thats just the striking!!! He also got 2 take downs... maybe 3 and 2 close sub attempts! BAHHHH!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: fight metrics for edgar vs henderson    fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:19 am

Damn
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10302

PostSubject: Re: fight metrics for edgar vs henderson    fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 am

Sucks but let's not forget the most important fact of all. NEVER LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF THE JUDGES.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: fight metrics for edgar vs henderson    fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:55 am

But really should fighters have to worry about it going to a judges decision so much? With stats like this you would think it was an easy decision. But for some reason all the judges seem to score with a completely separate scoring system.... scratch
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10302

PostSubject: Re: fight metrics for edgar vs henderson    fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:00 pm

I see what you're saying, but some fighters seem to go to the bell so damn much, and as much as I like the guy, Frankie is one of them. If you can't beat your opponent in a 25 minute period then you run the risk of getting a bad call.

I know that sounds bitter...and quite frankly it is, these guys are so afraid to get knocked out it's turning into watching a point filled boxing match...dance dance jab, dance dance jab
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

PostSubject: Re: fight metrics for edgar vs henderson    fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:52 pm

100 times this ^^^.

The problem with striking stats is they weight every single strike within a certain category equally. Remember when compustrike verified that Conditt essentially beat Diaz by essentially out leg jabbing him.

Even still, this site scores this bout 48-48 in a 10 point must system... which I would argue is a coin flip.

For me, I am in favor of super horrible judges as I would like to think this would make fighters take some more risks to finish a fight. I have 0 interest in watching guys spar for 25 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: fight metrics for edgar vs henderson    fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Oh don't get me wrong... I don't think there is a single one of us who likes to watch point fights... aside from Bisping fans.... I just wish they had an easy solution to make guys go out there and engage! Stocks idea is solid IMO and it only makes sense from a business stand point. The guys that are exciting and would rather go out on their shields than earn a decision victory earn the biz more $$$ and so they should be payed more. Not just the win or KO bonus, but thats at least a start, they just need to carry it a little beyond and finish it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fight metrics for edgar vs henderson    fight metrics for edgar vs henderson  Empty

Back to top Go down

fight metrics for edgar vs henderson
Page 1 of 1