The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 Vote_lcapI Was Scared Homie - Page 2 Voting_barI Was Scared Homie - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 Vote_lcapI Was Scared Homie - Page 2 Voting_barI Was Scared Homie - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

I Was Scared Homie

Go down 
+6
Triggerman99
9Teen_AT4
Mogal
norcalmatt
lambhimself
Chrom
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Ok, let me rephrase that;

He's scared of a rematch, homie.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:30 pm

That makes way more sense,
you can't blame the guy for not wanting an instant rematch;
he has been waiting for GSP for almost as long as Rashad
waited for Rampage and/or Jones. lol
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5407

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:37 pm

I don't blame him if he doesn't want a rematch. The dude has been a real trooper leading up to this moment. He has a belt, but he knows that it isn't the belt. GSP still holds that. GSP has stated that he will not be fighting this year, so that is going to make it hard for Condit to avoid this rematch. The real question is if it is really important enough to schedule again. This event was big for the hardcore fans, but for the casual fans not so much. My favorite local mma pub didn't even bother spending the $1000 to order this thing for the bar. He didn't think it would bring in enough asses. So I honestly don't know if this thing will seriously get anymore movement.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Trig, I don't at all think Condit won. The numbers are skewed since anything that isn't a jab is a significant strike or what ever. When the reality is, the leg kicks that Carlos threw 90% of the time... were at about quarter power. Nearly any jab would be more significant than those "kicks". Thats just the tip of the iceberg... but I have stated my claim time and time again on that...

Also I officially strip you of your Diaz #1 Fan Status.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Yeah, no doubt if I was Condit, a rematch would not be high on wish list. Of course he wants GSP; that's what this is all about.

It's really up to Dana and how he feels about it. If he thinks Condit did the wrong thing, he'll make the rematch. If he thinks Condit fought smart, no rematch.

I am going to make a prediction and say that we're evewntually going to see GSP vs Diaz one way or another, so it probably probably doesn't matter either way.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

It's really up to Dana and how he feels about it. If he thinks Condit did the wrong thing, he'll make the rematch. If he thinks Condit fought smart, no rematch.
thats a really good point.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Chrom wrote:
Trig, I don't at all think Condit won. The numbers are skewed since anything that isn't a jab is a significant strike or what ever. When the reality is, the leg kicks that Carlos threw 90% of the time... were at about quarter power. Nearly any jab would be more significant than those "kicks". Thats just the tip of the iceberg... but I have stated my claim time and time again on that...

Also I officially strip you of your Diaz #1 Fan Status.

You're right if we're talking about a fight. But if we're talking about winning on points in an athletic competition, Condit succeeded (congratulations Condit??).

Don't get me wrong, I was pissed to no end watching that fight. It was sad to watch Condit go all Jackson-style and employ the most chicken-shit gameplan ever, especially considering I'm also a Condit fan and wanted to see him actually fight. But I drank all weekend, I have a cold, and I'm dead tired right now. So forgive me if I don't have the usual fire that was expected.
lol!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:57 pm

^Exactly (referring to Dana), and from past experience; he'll go with intelligence rather than stupidity. It was a great fight to watch for the strategy although not for the lack of excitement. The rematch won't happen anytime soon, although I will not rule it out as a future possibility.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:27 pm

lambhimself wrote:
^Exactly (referring to Dana), and from past experience; he'll go with intelligence rather than stupidity. It was a great fight to watch for the strategy although not for the lack of excitement. The rematch won't happen anytime soon, although I will not rule it out as a future possibility.

Passive-aggressive much?
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:46 pm

?Not sure what you were trying to say or imply there,

I'm just saying I've heard Dana's interviews since the fight and for the most part he is saying
he thinks Carlos won the fight and that it was a smart fight. He didn't seem mad about the style of fight that Carlos fought; that is all I meant by that ^.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:11 pm

Your implication that the idea of the rematch being deserved is stupid. That's what I meant.
It seems like that's what you're implying there, just in a passive-aggressive kind of way.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5407

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Trigg the idea of a rematch is stupid... and... and...so are your pants! So yeah, take that passive aggression. /rawr
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Yeah, well my pants actually aren't stupid, my shirt is! So the joke's on you!! HAHA!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:14 am

Condit agreed to the rematch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Was Scared Homie   I Was Scared Homie - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Was Scared Homie
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2