The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Anderson Silva Was Scared! Vote_lcapAnderson Silva Was Scared! Voting_barAnderson Silva Was Scared! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Anderson Silva Was Scared! Vote_lcapAnderson Silva Was Scared! Voting_barAnderson Silva Was Scared! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Anderson Silva Was Scared!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22860

Anderson Silva Was Scared! Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:40 am

Anderson Silva Was Scared! Ufc_1110
Quote :
People are dumb. Silva didn’t keep his hands down because he was being cocky - he was only masking it as cockiness. He keeps his hands down that low when he goes against people that have great wrestling that have taken him down. You saw how he avoided the takedown when Weidman pressed him against the cage? It’s because he was able to get underhooks because his hands were at his waist.

After Chael took him down, he did the same thing and Chael tagged Anderson and dropped him as well in the first fight. The takedown Chris Weidman went for was just strategically making sure Anderson kept his hands low and he was setting up the strikes because he didn’t want to raise his hands back up in fear of Chris dropping and taking him down.

I’ve been calling this strategy for years. Do you really think Chael has good enough stand up to knock down Anderson without his wrestling being a threat? If it was straight stand up, Anderson would KILL Chael and any fighter for that matter. That’s why I’ve said for years Anderson Silva is overrated because he’s always dodged the great wrestlers. Even when they tried to set up the rematch with Chael, he tried to do everything in his power to avoid it. Same with Chris Weidman in this circumstance and Dan Henderson when they tried to offer him a rematch and Anderson had the audacity to say Bisping deserved it over them when both Chael AND Henderson beat him.

All the greats (GSP, Jon Jones, Jose Aldo) fought multiple style fighters. Even when Anderson moved up to light heavyweight, they always handpicked him stand up brawler styles that didn’t have the wrestling pedigree
continued...

Dance 
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35202

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:44 am

He makes some good points about needing to prevent takedowns... however to the extent he was given hand picked fights is ridiculous.
Anderson has fought every single fighter at MW that has deserved a title shot. I cannot think of one fighter deserving of a title shot that didn't get one.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:46 am

Yeah, I agree with you there... he may voice his disapproval, often and very loudly at some points... but he fights everyone the UFC has given him...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15334

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:28 pm

stock wrote:
He makes some good points about needing to prevent takedowns... however to the extent he was given hand picked fights is ridiculous.  
Anderson has fought every single fighter at MW that has deserved a title shot.  I cannot think of one fighter deserving of a title shot that didn't get one.

well maybe one.............Razz 
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59454

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Who is this person? All I could decipher when I followed the link was that he goes boy "phoblographer" or something.
I'm kind of with everybody else; the hand-picked thing is stupid, but the TDD thing has some validity. However, I found this interesting:
Quote :
After Chael took him down, he did the same thing and Chael tagged Anderson and dropped him as well in the first fight. The takedown Chris Weidman went for was just strategically making sure Anderson kept his hands low and he was setting up the strikes because he didn’t want to raise his hands back up in fear of Chris dropping and taking him down.

I’ve been calling this strategy for years. Do you really think Chael has good enough stand up to knock down Anderson without his wrestling being a threat? If it was straight stand up, Anderson would KILL Chael and any fighter for that matter.
So in this line of thinking, all theories that Weidman somehow just simply out-struck Silva like some people have claimed are out the window.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Anderson Silva Was Scared! Tumblr10
No one said "he simply out struck him." What was said is Silva was beat at his own game. IE Striking

Q. How do you win a striking contest unquestionably?

A. By KO
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Wrong!
Read the quote. It said specifically that wrestlers can drop Anderson because he's doing that weird TDD.
You posted the quote, buddy, not me!

Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:35 pm

I thought you were quoting what I said in another thread... not this phoblograper guy.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Well I was kind of taking what he said and applying it to some far-fetched opinions that are out there. But again, who is this guy? I'm not really sure it's fair of me to take anything he says and apply it to anything. And I love that you spelled it "phoblograper. That somehow makes it even funnier.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12620

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:42 am

I agree with this blogger fella and have said the same thing myself (minus the dumb shit about anderson being scared and ducking fights).

I do think that anderson uses the clowning for not only mentally trying to get his opponents to fight his fight, but also physically its easier for him to stuff TDs that way.

I compare it in a way to the style that Chuck used to us. Dont get me wrong chuck didnt do any dancing or whatever, but his stance and footwork were always stuff TD first, fire back second.

I think this is the same thing in a way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Was Scared!   Anderson Silva Was Scared! Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva Was Scared!
Page 1 of 1