The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP Vote_lcapSilva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP Voting_barSilva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP Vote_lcapSilva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP Voting_barSilva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP

Go down 
+2
Triggerman99
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP Empty
PostSubject: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Quote :
One of the primary reasons UFC welterweight king Georges St-Pierre has put a blockbuster bout against middleweight champ Anderson Silva (Pictured) on the backburner is because he wants adequate time to properly pack on the additional pounds required to face the game’s most decorated fighter. Because when the inevitable time comes to make the jump, GSP plans on leaving the division he’s ruled for six years in his rear-view mirror forever.

Well, it appears Silva wants to make things easy for St-Pierre by completely eliminating the weight obstacle from the equation. “The Spider” won’t even request the 178-pound catchweight that’s been rumored. According to UFC President Dana White, “The Spider” is willing to shed the 15 pounds required to challenge St-Pierre for his 170-pound crown.

“Anderson would go to [170 pounds], too,” White revealed following Wednesday’s press conference in England. “Yeah, he said he’d do it. He says he can make [170] easy. It’s insane.”

White’s statement is quite bizarre. Typically, as fighters get up there in age – Silva clocks 38 in exactly two months, so he’s no spring chicken – they tend to move up in weight rather than down. In addition, Silva hasn’t competed at welterweight since losing to Yushin Okami at “Rumble on the Rock 8.” He weighed 174 pounds for that January 2006 contest.

Since the disqualification defeat, Silva has dominated the middleweight class while sprinkling in three light heavyweight scraps. The Brazilian’s sporadic dabbling in the 205-pound division is why most thought the superfight with reigning light heavyweight champion Jon Jones had a greater possibility of coming to fruition than with GSP.

White’s hoping for all of the above.

“I’ll take either one, and both,” White stated.
http://www.5thround.com/138745/anderson-silva-would-move-to-welterweight-to-challenge-georges-st-pierre/

Smile Troll
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Quote :

Face Palm
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:41 pm

I did that just for you! I love you
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Oh, I had no doubt about that!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm

I got some shit from a few followers in the twitersphere for the headline. lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Chrom wrote:
I got some shit from a few followers in the twitersphere for the headline. lol
lol
Hey, you wanna make an omelette, you gotta break a few eggs!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Here's a WHOLE pile of shit for ya!
Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP Poo8
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:58 pm

GSP wins at 170.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:47 am

Admit it Chrom; you missed me while I was gone.

You love this blatant and bold clashing of opinions as much as I do. It's never as much fun as it is when we are talking about Silva and his next opponent.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 am

I actually think Gsp wins by decision at either W/C.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 am

I am so on the fence at this moment cause last time there was a crazy silva update i ended up looking like a big jack ass. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:48 am

I think there is no way Silva can cut to 170. Dude walks around at 220.

And even if he can squeeze every last drop of moisture from his body while canabolizing most of his muscle tissue on the treadmill, I can't imagine he would be in any shape to fight at the highest level (ie... for a belt).

I would take GSP hands down if this fight happened.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:35 am

^^^^
But Silva deserves huge man-credit for even offering to do so.

How many fighters in the history of MMA have done so much at their natural weight class, moved up and succeded at a higher weight class, and offered to go down in weight to fight the dominant, long-reigning champion in another weight class?

PS-Suck it, Chrom!!

lol!

War!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:25 am

No doubt.
OK dude, you need like 18 months to eat enough cheeseburgers to bulk up and fight me? Fuck that, I'll just cut down and fight you where you are most comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:10 am

Yessir!!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:01 am

Imo, based on this statement by Silva he should be stripped of the belt and it should be awarded to Weidman for blatant ducking. Metal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP   Silva So Scared of Weidman, Now Willing to Move to WW to Fight GSP Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1