The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... Vote_lcapRumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... Voting_barRumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... Vote_lcapRumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... Voting_barRumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...

Go down 
+10
the commie
Berserk
Snake Five
butterknifeninja
DEP
Chrom
Gecko
norcalmatt
ChokingVictim
FistK
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... Empty
PostSubject: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Sigh...
Back to top Go down
ChokingVictim
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ChokingVictim

Standard Cash : 5720

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 pm

I just saw this too, ive never seen someone miss weight by that amount that I can remember.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 pm

UFC makes him leave WW for missing weight and then he misses MW by a record amount...unreal.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 pm

ouch....maybe he can drop another 1-2 if hes lucky!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Rumble is in some trouble. Dana and Zuffa hate people who dont make weight and rumble buddy you really didnt make weight.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:50 pm

WTF is that 197!!!! FUCK SAKES MAN! All that "everyone better be worried about me" talk too... Shocked
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Congrats, Rumble. You're achieved a level that only Gabe Reudiger was able to. Go get your butthole douched out.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Holy shit...how do you move up a weight class and then come in 12 pounds over??? He's out of a job, that's my guess
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3792

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:38 pm

I don't get it they're paid to be professional and get to do something for a living alot of others wish they could do and yet you get crap like this.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28629

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Brutal! I have no idea how the hell this guy made 170 (when he made weight) and now he goes up a weight class only to be 12 pounds over!

Insane, if I were Dana I would just tell him he's either fighting at 205 or heavyweight.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Apparently he was close to weight this morning but got sick and had to be rehydrated before the weigh-ins.

Quote :
According to Johnson’s manager, Glenn Robinson, Johnson awakened Friday at 191 1/2, easily within range to make the weight. But three hours before the start of the weigh-in, Johnson got ill and called a doctor.

“His coaches called Burt [Watson, the UFC site coordinator] and Burt called the doctor,” Robinson said. “The doctor had him drink a ton of fluid, just a ton of it. By the time he got to the point where he felt better, it was just 45 minutes before the weigh-in and there was no time to make it.”

Robinson said it was “a medical issue” and said that Johnson had “trained better and eaten healthier than he ever had. Johnson had struggled greatly in the past to make 170 and at UFC 104 in 2009, missed weight by five pounds.

But Robinson said Friday that Johnson apologized to White and was disappointed by missing, but said because it was a medical issue, there is nothing he could have done. Johnson was fined 20 percent of his purse, which will go to Belfort. He must re-weigh on Saturday morning and can not rehydrate to more than 205 pounds, per Belfort’s request. If he is over 205, the fight will be off.

“Anthony apologizes to the fans and he apologized to Vitor,” Robinson said. “He has so much respect for Vitor and will honor his request to be at no more than 205 tomorrow. He promises that he will give the fans a great battle.”

Yahoo Sports
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:20 pm

jesus, how much does he cut that he got sick from it? is he walking at around 230?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:58 pm

Fuck him.
I have no sympathy for any fighter for missing weight... even a pound over.
They just lost my money for the fight tomorrow. That was the only fight I was really interested in seeing on this PPV card.
All the other fights I can catch for free, and I will just find the Aldo fight online the next day.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:17 am

Man he was sooo close... It's the sickness that messed it all up... Sad Damn
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 am

Wait wait wait.......
I know it's been said already, but WTF?!

Dude, you've made 170, and now you can't even come close to making 185?!
and on top of that, you "promise to make 2-0-5"!!!!!
Wow, good for you!!!!!

Ok, Ok... you're sick or whatever......then don't fucking fight!!!! Who the fuck gets sick and gains 20 lbs, anyway?

I'm calling BS. I think you just figured "Hey, I don't gotta lose shit! I can just bulk up and cruise into 185!"

I'm gonna go ahead and say juice or some other enhancer. Just saying, this is remarkably odd.....
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5601

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:37 am

12 lbs is a fucking huge amount of weight

This is from his facebook

Quote :
I'm already laughing at what ppl are saying. Yeah it was for medical reason and I did what the UFC Dr Told me to do. Believe it or don't I give a f**k cuz the ppl close to me were freaking out but I'm still alive and something like this has never happen before. Say what you want I'm still gonna do my thang. You try not having feeling in your legs and can't move then and see how you look at life after that
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5601

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:39 am

The fact that he types "thang" as opposed to "thing" in the above angers me deeply.

Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:57 am

He probably was trying to cut too much weight and his body just shut down. He's a dumbass for not doing a test cut first, I don't feel bad for him in the least
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:44 am

He was 5.5lbs away from weight 2 hours before weigh ins and that is apparently when the Doc said he was getting dangerously dehydrated and had him start drinking fluids. source

My question is, did Johnson bulk up even more since he moved up... he has made his cuts every time below 185...
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:30 pm

couture fan wrote:
The fact that he types "thang" as opposed to "thing" in the above angers me deeply.

hahahaha +1
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:36 pm

couture fan wrote:

lmao !!

butterknifeninja wrote:
He probably was trying to cut too much weight and his body just shut down. He's a dumbass for not doing a test cut first, I don't feel bad for him in the least

Yeh I remember Sean Sherk did a test cut from WW to LW when he was moving down... You don't really hear about it too much and fighters should be doing this more often testing the waters so they adapt better.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... Fat-black-guy-taking-a-big-mac-bath
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:46 pm

random question...when is live for this event....whats the time difference in Brazil?
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:54 pm

I think Brazil is still Eastern time so it will start the same as usual
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:41 pm

butterknifeninja wrote:
I think Brazil is still Eastern time so it will start the same as usual

see what's strange is that on Dana's VLOG for this event, he said that this fight won't start until 2am? That doesn't sound right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...   Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over... Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumble Johnson just weighed in 12 fucking pounds over...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next