The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF Vote_lcapRumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF Voting_barRumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF Vote_lcapRumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF Voting_barRumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF

Go down 
+3
Berserk
Krieger
9Teen_AT4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7710

Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF Empty
PostSubject: Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF   Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF 3
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF   Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:55 pm

Heh I like Charlie but Really? What does he think happened ... like maybe he broke Johnson's foot with his face?

Charlie... you couldn't defend yourself .... you were unconscious standing beside the fence, that's why you got kicked in the face like that... you didn't even try to block that kick.. Thank Yamasaki cause he saved your life.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7710

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF   Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:15 am

Rumbles size was too much for Charlie to wrestle with. When Charlies bread and butter broke down... it was just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28624

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF   Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:21 am

When I was watching this card I thought to myself that it's been a long time since I've seen a head kick KO.... my wish was somewhat granted today. When I saw that Head Kick land it was sick... I'm shocked that Brenneman was actually still awake, but it was out on his feet and wasn't clearly defending himself up to that point. AJ was clearly dominating and it was only a matter time before more damaging shots were going to land. Good Stoppage IMO.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35196

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF   Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Do I think the fight would have ended any differently?
Hell no.

Do I think the fight was a horribly early stoppage.
Hell yes.
I don't think it should matter what we think would have happened. These guys train their asses off and deserve to get the chance to fight until it is absolutely necessary to end a fight.

That being said, I thought it was impressive how Johnson was just holding Charlie's face into the matt with one hand, and he couldn't even move. I don't think I have ever seen strength dictate a fight like that before.

I'd love to see Johnson get the winner (or loser) of Diaz/Penn or Conditt/GSP.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF   Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:04 pm

I agree with srock.

It was definitely an early stoppage. He probably would've gotten pounded had Yamasaki not stopped it, but that's beside the point. If he wasn't out and he still had the ability to defend himself, then it was early. And that was the case.

If you look at Yamasaki, you can see him already start to stop the fight as soon as the kick landed; like he already made up his mind, regardless of how Brenneman reacted. He got over-excited and jumped the gun.
Bad call, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31182

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF   Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:36 pm

I think it was a fair stoppage, the only thing that makes it feel early is that Johson didn't jump him ala Hendo Bisping to get an extra shot in.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF   Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:42 pm

What makes it feel early for me was that it was early.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4011

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF   Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:36 pm

It was definitely early. Yea, Rumble was tooling him and would have probably won the fight within 30 seconds anyway. But Charlie landed on his elbows and was very coherent and ready to continue.

Put it this way, if that was a good stoppage Pat Barry should have a win over Kongo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF   Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumble Johnson / Charlie Brenneman spoiler GIF
Page 1 of 1