The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_lcapUFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Voting_barUFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_lcapUFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Voting_barUFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*

Go down 
+7
9Teen_AT4
Chrom
Krieger
stock
samger2
Berserk
Snake Five
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3772

UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:40 am

Good night of fights.

Hettes just dominated Pham the whole fight he had a variety of impressive takedowns, good GnP, and kept going for submissions. That armbar/GnP was a thing of beauty.

Hendricks just punched the hell out of Fitch.

I thought Castillo took the first and third due to superior grappling and Njoukani too the second. I liked the way Castillo slammed his way out of that guillotine.

Man Diaz just overwhelmed Cerrone with his boxing ,but I think Cerrone took the 2nd due to all those leg kick knockdowns.

Volkmann dominatd Escudero ,but the Efrain almost got him with that choke that came out of nowhere.

I knew Overeem would take it as soon as Lesnar didn't rush him immediately with the takedown, sad he's retiring.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28609

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:47 am

Hendricks KO'ing Fitch honestly made my night, first I was affraid then bounce then Cool
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10294

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:12 pm

I don't really think it's sad Brock is retiring, it's not like he had some long illustrious career in the UFC...
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35181

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Berserk wrote:
Hendricks KO'ing Fitch honestly made my night, first I was affraid then bounce then Cool

This.... sooo much this. ^^^

I have to admit; was very surprised how well Diaz was able to dominate Cerrone in the standup. He just put on a boxing clinic. I thouht Cerrone would be able to use his kicks more, but he just got peppered for at least 10 minutes.

I hated that Castillo won that fight. I'm not complaining about the split decision even though I would have given NJ the 3rd round. I just hate when a guy wins a fight by getting takedowns that cause no damage and isn't able to do anything with them. I thought NJ pushed the action and caused more damage and got punished by going for submissions or trying to set up strikes from the clinch. Whatever. Typical BS in the scoring.

No idea how Hettes wasn't able to finish that fight. I think that was the most lopsided scoring I have ever seen. Can anyone think of a more lopsided judges scorecard?

I am looking forward to the Dos Santos/Overeem fight. Classic kick boxing against boxing. I am going to call Overeem by guillotine choke right now.
Kind of bummed to see Lesnar gone. I understand why. He just got into the sport too late and could not develope is standup against the elite strikers enough to work a takedown. No shame in your only career losses against Mir, Velasquez, and Overeem.

Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:48 pm

I remember it seemed like nobody thought he'd do well (including me) ,but he came in did surprisingly well against a former champion, came in beat a veteran, and then became chamion and defended his title against Carwin where he took a hell of a beating and came back. I think he made a pretty big impact considering how short his career was.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5720

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:30 pm

You're not a champion until you defend your title ... Brock did that and retires a true ex-champ.

Hats off (heh) to Nate... classy in his win, hand shakes and hugs and even made sure Cerrone's hat stayed on. Cowboy will be back... Nate is only going to get better.
Nate saying "sorry for all the shit... tv ya know".

Nam Pham? Damn.... didn't stand a chance... I didn't expect that.

Manny who?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22839

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:04 pm

samger2 wrote:
I don't really think it's sad Brock is retiring, it's not like he had some long illustrious career in the UFC...
and yet he was the longest reigning most defending HW Champ in UFC History in those few years.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7695

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:23 pm

What does the future hold for Jon Fitch??? Wow a top 5 guy just got X'd out in 12 seconds... Some even considered him #2 in the world...
Hmm.. what to do with Jon Fitch??

Nate Diaz surprised me. His boxing is just like Nick's and Donald had no answer. Before the 3rd Round, Nate flipped Cerrone the birds, and Cerrone had that look in his eyes as if his soul was robbed.... Wow just wow... Nate improved a ton.

Congrats to Overeem. And thanks to Brock for making WWE exciting for less than 2years and UFC exciting for 3 years! Thank You Brock Lesnar. Smart Rich man.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35181

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:03 pm

9Teen_AT4 wrote:
What does the future hold for Jon Fitch??? Wow a top 5 guy just got X'd out in 12 seconds... Some even considered him #2 in the world...
Hmm.. what to do with Jon Fitch??

Crazy shit. First it was Hominick and now Fitch.
I am not worried about Fitch though. He will LnP his way back to the top in no time.
He will probably be even more conservative going forward (if that's possible).
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:13 pm

I too was surprised at how much Diaz was able to outstrike Cerrone with his boxing I knew he was good just like his brother ,but I figured Cerrone would have fared better with kicks, elbows, and knees. Also I think he should've gone to the ground when he had the chance.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7948

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:02 pm

fitch is gonna be fine, that shit can happen any time.

wtf is wrong with Cerrone? he had no head movement. a heavy bag avoids punches more.

brock got schooled, worse than ever. 'reem had absolutely no respect for brocks ability. he'd come in grabbing lesnars hands taunting him to try and punch him. he was laughing at him..
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59433

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:56 am

Diaz......WOW!!!

That was awesome.

Who does he fight now? Maynard again?
Back to top Go down
ChokingVictim
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ChokingVictim

Standard Cash : 5700

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:10 am

The only guys to ever defend the UFC HW title twice were Lesnar, Couture, Arlovski, and Sylvia, thats pretty crazy when you think about it. I dont think anyone has ever defended it 3 times successfully.

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15313

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:04 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Diaz......WOW!!!

That was awesome.

Who does he fight now? Maynard again?

100% agree and yes cause i thought Diaz won there first time and that would put nate nicely in the title run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 141 Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*
Page 1 of 1