The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_lcapUFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Voting_barUFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_lcapUFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Voting_barUFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*

Go down 
+3
Krieger
butterknifeninja
Snake Five
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3787

UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:38 am

I'm so used to UFC fights being on saturday that I forgot to watch this one live.

Guillard was hitting some nice strikes, particuarly those knees ,but once Miller got the takedow he completely destroyed Melvin with that choke.

Ludwig was getting the better of the standup ,but then Neer took him down and choked him unconcious with a nice guillotine.

Breiinamann has a constant attack style of GnP and got the crucifix in each round and was able to control most of the fight. Roberts had some surprisinlgy nice BJJ. He almost got a fucking kimura from the bottom of side control which I'd never of expected to see.

Morecraft had some nice sub attempts and was hitting some decent strikes ,but Barry countered with his much better strikes and KTFO'd him.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4011

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:09 am

I was pretty impressed with Barry's ground improvement. Once Morecraft mounted him I figured it was ovrr but Barry got out...then once he locked on that armbar I figured Barry was done. Plus that slip and counter hook was beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Denis kept getting his opponent with some nice comments and then finished him off with those awesome Misawa elbows.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 pm

What a fucking awesome card. Mostly finishes and who the fuk could pick em decisions. WOW
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Yeah I'm so glad I watched it when I woke up this morning.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15328

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:02 am

neer and miller both had awesome fights.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 am

butterknifeninja wrote:
I was pretty impressed with Barry's ground improvement. Once Morecraft mounted him I figured it was ovrr but Barry got out...then once he locked on that armbar I figured Barry was done. Plus that slip and counter hook was beautiful.
Thats what training at DeathClutch will do to a guys wrestling. Side note... is camp DeathClutch done now that Lesnar is.... do all the HW's there just go to MMAA... hmmm I'm gonna have to look in to that...

Great card for sure... Whats Melvin do after gettin subbed real fast twice in a row... time to get that JJ defense going... He has so damn much potential, if he gets his jits game straight he would be a damn Juggernaut!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5927

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:11 am

After seeing Guillard fall to Miller via sub I can only see one thing in his future;
Gatekeeper status.

Unless like Chrom said,he totally commits to improving in his obvious areas of weakness;
kinda like what pat Berry has clearly done.

Barry's submission defense was awesome and he completely earned every part of that
victory against Morecraft. I thought Morecraft looked improved since his last fight as well,
which is good for him.

The Denis guy, completely dominated his fight in every aspect; he was violent and hungry
with that same humbleness of many other Canadian fighters, I look forward to his next fight.

I think Neer was hurt big time in that fight, that choke looked as desperate and all in as any I have ever seen; looked real deep with lots of pressure.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10309

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 am

Barry executed an absolutely perfect duck and counter...I couldn't stop watching the replay. I'm sure it's one of those basic striking/boxing moves that you train over and over and over and he executed and timed it perfectly.

I was most impressed though with Neer...yes Ludwig was getting the better of the standup exchanges, but Neer never for a second looked worried, the fight looked like a walk in the park for him and effortless...like he was waiting for just the right opening, and knew he was going to get it.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:34 am

Chrom wrote:
butterknifeninja wrote:
Thats what training at DeathClutch will do to a guys wrestling. Side note... is camp DeathClutch done now that Lesnar is.... do all the HW's there just go to MMAA... hmmm I'm gonna have to look in to that...

Great card for sure... Whats Melvin do after gettin subbed real fast twice in a row... time to get that JJ defense going... He has so damn much potential, if he gets his jits game straight he would be a damn Juggernaut!

that and he needs to monitor his energy. I always see him throw everything he has in the 1st round and most of the time doesnt have any thing left. His fight with Diaz is a good example. Melvin blew his wad in the 1st and had nothing to give nate in the 2nd which made it even easier for Diaz to slap a sub on him. Melvin is very explosive but i think he needs to control it more, He's not like clay or sanchez where they come out intense every round and never really looks that tired.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:36 am

Gecko wrote:
Chrom wrote:
butterknifeninja wrote:

that and he needs to monitor his energy. I always see him throw everything he has in the 1st round and most of the time doesnt have any thing left. His fight with Diaz is a good example. Melvin blew his wad in the 1st and had nothing to give nate in the 2nd which made it even easier for Diaz to slap a sub on him. Melvin is very explosive but i think he needs to control it more, He's not like clay or sanchez where they come out intense every round and never really looks that tired.

to be honest i am not really a fan of Melvins at all, but the guy brings it every time and makes for an exciting fight so i have to respect that about him.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10309

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:09 am

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Melvin. He's completely one dimensional...does he bring it? Yeah, he constantly tries to knock the other guy out...but that's absolutely ALL he has. If he wasn't constantly trying to throw a lazy flying knee he could've stayed on his feet longer.

Yeah, I give him props for getting in the octagon and trying to take it out of the judges hands...but sure enough...he takes it right out of the judges hands everytime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*   UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers* Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on FX 1 Guillard vs Miller Post Fight Discussion *Spoilers*
Page 1 of 1