The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! Vote_lcapUltimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! Voting_barUltimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! Vote_lcapUltimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! Voting_barUltimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!

Go down 
+5
Gecko
Triggerman99
Krieger
samger2
butterknifeninja
9 posters
AuthorMessage
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4010

Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!   Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! Photo-11

Quote :
Las Vegas, Nevada (USA) – The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced today that The Ultimate Fighter, the longest-running sports reality show on television, is moving to FX this March with an exciting, new live format.

The Ultimate Fighter LIVE debuts on Friday, March 9 as part of a two-hour season premiere beginning at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The show will then air for one hour at 10 p.m. ET/PT every Friday for 13 weeks on FX. UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and “The California Kid” Urijah Faber will serve as coaches on the upcoming season, with lightweight and welterweight contestants competing for two, six-figure UFC contracts.

This past Saturday, The Ultimate Fighter concluded its run on SPIKE TV as 2.5 million viewers tuned in to watch the season 14 finale headlined by Michael Bisping battling Jason “Mayhem” Miller in a middleweight contest. The event was the highest rated and most watched TUF Finale since TUF 10 in 2009, and was the No. 1 program on cable among M18-49 and M18-34 (No. 2 in A18-49). In addition, season 14 was up +121 percent with A18-34 compared to the previous season. The strong ratings prove that the show has tremendous momentum heading into its highly anticipated arrival on FX.

“We’re producing ground-breaking television with The Ultimate Fighter LIVE and we can’t wait to kick this season off with FX in March,” UFC President Dana White said. “It’s going to be can’t-miss TV. Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber are two incredible personalities who also happen to be two of the best fighters in the world. They genuinely dislike each other and I expect this to make for the best season yet.”

“We believe that Dana and Lorenzo (Fertitta), along with Executive Producer Craig Piligian, have come up with exciting new changes to the format of The Ultimate Fighter that will expand and grow the series,” said Chuck Saftler, Executive Vice President, FX Networks. “The fact that the fights at the end of each episode will now be televised live is certain to create a sense of urgency for UFC fans. Furthermore, the move of TUF to Friday nights will provide a great ratings boost to the network.”

The rivalry between coaches Cruz and Faber dates back to March 2007, when Faber handed Cruz his first and only professional loss in a 145-pound bout. The 26-year-old Cruz avenged that loss this past July, defeating Faber by unanimous decision to retain the bantamweight crown in a Fight of the Year candidate. With the series now even, Cruz and Faber look to settle the score as TUF coaches, followed by a title fight in mid-2012 inside the Octagon.
BJPenn.com

Hell yes!!!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10308

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!   Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:46 pm

I don't see a ton of drama coming out of these two, so it should be another good season that focuses on talent and some good fights.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5734

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!   Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Dana's gotta see something I don't but we will see.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59447

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!   Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Yeah I'm not real pumped about this for some reason. I feel like I should be, but it's just kinda "meh" to me.

Oh well, I hope they have some good talent to follow up this last season with. The last couple of times I can remember WW's being on the show seemed like there was a serious lack of consistent talent for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15327

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!   Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:13 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Yeah I'm not real pumped about this for some reason. I feel like I should be, but it's just kinda "meh" to me.

Oh well, I hope they have some good talent to follow up this last season with. The last couple of times I can remember WW's being on the show seemed like there was a serious lack of consistent talent for some reason.

100% agree with all of this.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!   Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:08 am

100% disagree with all of that! I'm pumped!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35195

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!   Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Didn't they just fight?
Not really that pumped.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5926

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!   Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:27 pm

^
Yep,
but this is the rubber match their 1 and 1;
also it will be for the strap again.

I can't see there being too much disrespect/fighting amongst the coaches.

I hope the talent is there this time, I think the TUF product is way better when they make the guys fight to get into the house; that way there are no flakes who miss their girlfriends and shit
who end up leaving the house.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28623

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!   Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Not too excited about the coaches, but I'll watch anyway. I like Cruz, but I could care less about Faber.... he's going to get beat again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!   Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Coaches Announced!
Page 1 of 1