The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The ultimate fighter nations Vote_lcapThe ultimate fighter nations Voting_barThe ultimate fighter nations Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The ultimate fighter nations Vote_lcapThe ultimate fighter nations Voting_barThe ultimate fighter nations Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The ultimate fighter nations

Go down 
+4
FistK
Chrom
Triggerman99
samger2
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10293

The ultimate fighter nations Empty
PostSubject: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:31 am

Any thoughts? Quite frankly I didn't even know this was coming on but my wife recorded it for me. I might be less interested in this season than any other in the history of TUF. I see why they had Cote coach because he's pretty much THE canadian choice since GSP either didn't want to in his hiatus or is too expensive or whatever reason...but Cote bores me. He was never a force in his division nor even a remote threat to the title...average fighter at best.

The drama was silly in the first episode...the fight was average.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 1:51 pm

I was pretty disappointed. The house they have these guys in kind of depresses me. I mean I get it; they're in the heart of Canada and really want to drive that home with the whole log cabin in the woods schtick, but it just seems kind of dark and boring compared to the Vegas house.
And yeah, that little "drama" scene was really lame. And then after the fight when the guy that lost went into the winner's room and was like "See? I told you we weren't scared!", as though he just did something impressive, that was also really lame.

I don't know, I'm gonna hold off on making any long term judgement for at least a few episodes, but it looks a lot to me so far like the UFC just phoned it in this season.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Yeah, these guys got the fuckin short end of the stick for sure when it comes to the house! I haven't got to see enough of the guys to really evaluate them... but they do seem like a bunch of oddballs...
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 6:44 am

This isn't really TUF though right? It's one of those off shoot sister seasons like Australia vs England and stuff like that? I never watch those.

I think the next real TUF is Penn vs Edgar.

Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35180

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 7:05 am

Sounds like I don't understand this anymore. I though the next TUF was in Brazil.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 8:56 am

Yeah, there are like 1000 different TUFs going now. The real OG TUF and then the "Nations" which is two country's taking on each other. Then there is TUF Brazil and TUF China.....

Everyone is TUF these days.....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:25 pm

I just accidentally watched a TUF on my way to work.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:03 pm

I didn't realize this wasn't a real TUF
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:38 pm

I just spotted another one. It's called "TUF Housewives of New Jersey" on the Bravo network.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:23 am

^^^^^^^

hahahaha okay that was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:55 am

Not sure why I even care to update or worse yet...watch. But what a boring season. The drama is forced, the fights are boring, the fighters lack any kind of killer instinct.

Anyone been watching?

One would think Nordeen would've destroyed his opponent...but again, he's another one that's all talk and when he gets in the octagon really doesn't try to finish his opponent. Blah...boring.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35180

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:28 am

I watched the first episode and all the others are sitting on my DVR.
I might just erase them.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 11:30 am

I don't know...you have a bunch of nobodys fighting...which is usually looked over because of 2 things...1) you have notable coaches, so that helps make up for it, and 2) these nobodys are actually talented and gunning for a chance so they make good fights.

Not the case here, you have nobodys in the house with nobodys as coaches and to top it off these nobodys aren't putting on good fights, I mean the guy that's pegged to be the biggest badass on the show, claiming that he's "not the guy to mess with" ends up losing to the flabbiest, youngest, least experienced guy...by decision no less.

Epic fail...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 1:30 pm

haven't watch the season at all.ut I did go to wiki for the results. It does look very watered down and the Aussies are getting there butts kicked bad by the Canadians.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Watched episode 1 and haven't watched since. I did hear the most recent fight was a war. Probably still not gonna watch it, though, judging by Sam's analysis.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 2:01 pm

I suppose it was kind of a war...but I think I was just super frustrated by the fact that Nordeen never appeared to me that he was trying to end the fight...just clammering forward flat footed throwing punches. Yes, there was blood, but to me that's not enough to label it a war. I go back to the fact that the biggest, strongest, most aggressive guy should not lose a decision to the flabbiest least experienced.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Isn't this right about the time The Commie shows up and talks about how he hates brawling in MMA fights because it ruins the sport?
Smile
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 6:56 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Isn't this right about the time The Commie shows up and talks about how he hates brawling in MMA fights because it ruins the sport?
Smile

lol!

"I say ole chap...Give me a nice technical ground fight over those barbaric people punching and kicking each other any day."

The ultimate fighter nations SnootySnobIsSnooty

Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7947

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 2:19 pm

how the fuck did you get my picture?! though i dont have as much hair, dont have a 'stash or sideburns, dont smoke a pipe or wear a bow tie, and, of course, i wear a track suit.

i wish i could comment on this "brawl" but i didnt watch any of it. im sure it was detrimental to the art of fighting.  MMA Purist 
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm posting that picture every time you go all MMA Purist on us.
LOL!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 8:04 am

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ufc-ends-tyler-manawaroa-39-185705329--mma.html

Looks like the aussies first fighter to make it to the next round is already dead in the water. Apparently he made some racist remarks on one of his accounts from 2 years ago and was told even if he wins the show he will not get a place on the UFC roster. I know what this guy did was stupid and all but I have to admit I don't think the punishment fits the crime on this one. It would be one thing he was saying these remarks on the show and starting house fights over his remarks but this is from a post 2 years ago.

I don't know, what do you guys think about this?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:47 pm

It was posted 2 years ago... when the kid was still in school for fuck sakes... 17!
Was it a stupid post... sure. Was it a racial slur? Sure.
If I was held accountable for every stupid ass remark I made when I was 17... I'd probably be killed.

I also think this is one of the biggest bitch made moves in the history of MMA. Not the racial meme/comment, but the fact that the fuckin Canadians had to go out and do some real digging to find this. It's not as if it was right there and everyone could see it, like he posted it yesterday on twitter or something... It's 2 fuckin years old... to top it all off, he was a minor for christ sakes! I highly doubt he was thinking about representing the UFC and Australia at the time...
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5719

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 1:43 am

YOU REALLY WANNA FUK WIT CANADA? WE'LL COME DOWN & BURN YER WHITE HOUSE TO THE GROUND.... AGIN!
The ultimate fighter nations AngryBeaver
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:51 am

Dana's inconsistent ban hammer is just laughable at this point.

This Manowaroa kid who nobody knows posted a racially insensitive pic 2 years ago?
Banned from the UFC no matter how he does on the show!

Rhonda Rousey implies that the Connecticut school shooting might be a big old BS conspiracy?
Fuck you hypersensitive liberals! She can say whatever she wants! Free speech, motherfuckers!

Thiago Silva gets arrested for brandishing a firearm, but according to the victims, didn't even leave his car or physically threaten anybody, and hasn't been convicted of anything?
Cut from the UFC, never to fight here again!!

I'm a Dana fan, but his favoritism is just stupidly blatant and embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 9:55 am

Quote :
"Rob Giuffrida"
February 10
When Tyler rocks up to training this week he is going to have to explain his racism to his training mates..
Particularly the Chinese, Thai, Filipino, Turkish, Japanese, Islander, Haitian, Russian, Wog (me),American, Australian and papuans that regularly do the class that he attends.. Or
Perhaps he won't need to explain anything to us, we have achieved a culturally tolerant, diverse group and all get along, Probably because we don't sweep the race issue under the carpet, and leave it in the public forum where we can all be proud of our heritage and differences.
Jokes sometimes are made, to show the absurdity of racism and stereotypes, and when made in a group when Racism doesn't exist we are pointing how ridiculous some of the ideas in the past were..
The mistake is made when you release the same joke to the public where Racismis very real, and unfortunately not a thing of the past, where racism is taboo, swept under the carpet and apparently shouldn't be in the public forum.
Tyler has been a victim of racism his whole life and Apologized immediately when he was aware people had become offended.
When Tyler was 15 he would walk to my gym after school and often tell me how he would regularly be pulled over and victimised by some of the local police, while acting in the same manner as the white kids he would walk with. Easily taken out of context, I see Tylers picture as a 17 years olds protest against the racism and inequality of the justice system showing a innocent child to be assumed guilty.
Tyler forfeited his right to protest against a system that victimized him as a child, and apoligised.
Sorry Tyler, Hopefully one day the world can look back and laugh at how stupid Racism is.. But it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate fighter nations   The ultimate fighter nations Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate fighter nations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next