The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  Vote_lcapSilva reacts to Munoz's challenge  Voting_barSilva reacts to Munoz's challenge  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  Vote_lcapSilva reacts to Munoz's challenge  Voting_barSilva reacts to Munoz's challenge  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge

Go down 
+3
lambhimself
Triggerman99
Chrom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  Empty
PostSubject: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:47 am

Quote :
“I hadn’t even seen that (Munoz’s challenge). I thought Munoz was a friend, but that’s okay..”

Anderson Silva responds to the challenge dished out by Mark Munoz after his UFC 138 victory over Chris Leben this past weekend via Brazilian media outlet SporTV.

There is about a 40-mile stretch between the Gym Mark owns and operates (Reign Training Center) and the legendary Blackhouse facility that Anderson Silva often occupies. In between those 40 miles is a road often traveled by the two camps to work together as each team tries to improve in the martial arts. For the Silva camp and the guys at the Blackhouse gym, its Mark’s high level wrestling they are interested in and for Munoz, he picks up pieces of everything else.

I have witnessed this partnership of training on numerous occasions. Once the public classes leave, the two fighters get together and trade secrets, spar, grapple and roll in an all out alliance of improvement. Anderson Silva is the best in the business and while Mark is still making his way, the lessons and tutelage of Silva have always been greatly respected and appreciated.

Mark comes from the school of wrestling and in that school they compete amongst friends, however Anderson Silva doesn’t play that game and for that I’m sure he feels betrayed.

I watched this relationship personally with my own eyes grow. The two men work well together, however in the heat of the moment and with desire in his eyes I think Mark may have broken the trust of what is probably one of his most valuable assets in the game.

He isn’t getting the title shot anytime soon. Surely the UFC has other plans for that division at the moment,
source

It's shocking to see Silva play the friend card..........
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Quote :
“I hadn’t even seen that (Munoz’s challenge). I thought Munoz was a friend, but that’s okay..”
Nothing wrong with that reaction.

He actually used the words "that's okay".

Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Yeah, honestly I don't think Munoz has done enough in the division to have earned a title shot; I think he was merely going to for the respect approach to Silva requesting the shot at the title. He figured that Sonnens request was so disrespectful that he would make his request with the utmost respect and hopefully have Silva say something along the lines of accepting or wanting to fight Mark as well.

With guys like Belcher, Miller, Wanderlei, Cung Le, I guess Bisping; in the division he has a lot of work to do even before facing the likes of Sonnen or Okami let alone Silva.
imo

I would love to see Sonnen fight Bisping, just once.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:31 pm

lambhimself wrote:
Yeah, honestly I don't think Munoz has done enough in the division to have earned a title shot; I think he was merely going to for the respect approach to Silva requesting the shot at the title. He figured that Sonnens request was so disrespectful that he would make his request with the utmost respect and hopefully have Silva say something along the lines of accepting or wanting to fight Mark as well.

With guys like Belcher, Miller, Wanderlei, Cung Le, I guess Bisping; in the division he has a lot of work to do even before facing the likes of Sonnen or Okami let alone Silva.
imo

I would love to see Sonnen fight Bisping, just once.

you and me both.But i have a funny feeling we have opposite views of who we think will take it. lol!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Along the same lines of what trigger was pointing out, it is honestly not
much of a reaction at all by Silva; doesn't seems to phased by it, maybe
surprised more than anything.

^ GEcko: Yep!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:46 pm

We know Anderson has this "I don't like fighting friends" thing. But at the end of the day a friend would have no problem giving another friend a shot at the big money that comes with the title.

Munoz wants and needs to take care of his family too. Just cause they are friends should that stop Munoz from getting his shot? I don't think it should.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Krieger wrote:
We know Anderson has this "I don't like fighting friends" thing. But at the end of the day a friend would have no problem giving another friend a shot at the big money that comes with the title.

Munoz wants and needs to take care of his family too. Just cause they are friends should that stop Munoz from getting his shot? I don't think it should.

well said there....every bit of it.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Krieger wrote:

Netiehr does Silva. He said "that's okay" and that he didn't actually see or hear Munoz's call-out of him.

Are we really gonna make a big deal out of this?
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Everybody hold up!

A pig just flew by my window . . . .

I agree with trigger!

How is this even a topic of conversation, the was no reaction;
he said he never seen him say it, and that they are friends.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Of course he said its "OK" he can whip Mark and he knows he can, since they have trained together! He only has excuses for people that pose threats to him. The real thing that needs addressing here is the amount of time it took Andy to respond to said statements. It took like a month for the dude to respond to Chael, the number one contendor and deserving of said shot... even though he was right there in the crowd when Sonnen said it and responded "he doesn't deserve it". But, he never seen the Munoz challenge and he addressed it a day or two later with the answer essentially being yes? I think I'm gonna go on a troll stroll and start a Silva Double Standard thread...
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5601

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:21 pm

"Friend"......?

Shaddap-a-yo-face Andy.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Chrom wrote:
Of course he said its "OK" he can whip Mark and he knows he can, since they have trained together! He only has excuses for people that pose threats to him. The real thing that needs addressing here is the amount of time it took Andy to respond to said statements. It took like a month for the dude to respond to Chael, the number one contendor and deserving of said shot... even though he was right there in the crowd when Sonnen said it and responded "he doesn't deserve it". But, he never seen the Munoz challenge and he addressed it a day or two later with the answer essentially being yes? I think I'm gonna go on a troll stroll and start a Silva Double Standard thread...

That's because Chael's rants and weird taunts have worn thin. Nobody even takes him serious. Isn't that what everyone says when they defend him? That it's just for show?

Silva has already been through this with Chael over and over again. It's old news. Not the impending rematch itself, but the trash talking. Silva adressed it before their first fight, but Sonnen just hasn't shut up since. It's probably tiresome to try and keep up with that kind of relentless chatter. It's just noise at this point.

I think the reason he adressed Munoz was because of the fact that he respects him as a friend and wanted to acknowledge the challenge laid out.

And before I go into this, I want to say that I am going to do this kind of toungue-in-cheek; I could put in a few smileys to help lighten the tone, but I think you can understand that I'm saying this lightheartedly, whether I add 7 smileys or not;
If we're speaking of double standards, then I gotta point out that your post runeth over with them.
-You say Silva can whip Munoz because he trains with him, and therefore has no problem accepting the challenge, but it runs both ways, right? By your logic, Munoz should be able to whip Silva because he trains with him. So it's a wash, isn't it?
-You have complained in the past that Silva won't fight Jon Jones because they are friends (different weight classes so it's not an issue to me, but you have argued it nonetheless), but now you chastise the guy for accepting a fight with a friend? Which is it, wrong or right in your eyes?

Oh, and just for the fuck of it;

Very Happy I love you alien bom cherry geek albino
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Ok I'll rip that one up:
Quote :
-You say Silva can whip Munoz because he trains with him, and therefore has no problem accepting the challenge, but it runs both ways, right? By your logic, Munoz should be able to whip Silva because he trains with him. So it's a wash, isn't it?
My point in saying that is since he trains with him he felt his power and now knows he could handle Mark easily. IE he would know what he was getting into. Not that "If you train with some one you can beat them"

Quote :
-You have complained in the past that Silva won't fight Jon Jones because they are friends (different weight classes so it's not an issue to me, but you have argued it nonetheless), but now you chastise the guy for accepting a fight with a friend? Which is it, wrong or right in your eyes?
Thats why I brought up the double standard Face Palm He will fight this guy, and he's a friend but not this friend... I will go more into detail with all of this in my Troll thread
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 pm

So he should fight a friend at a higher weight class, but not a friend at his own class? I can't concede that one.... that's just not a fair arguement at all It's a double standard on your part, IMO.

I do follow you on them training together, though. I thought maybe that's what you meant after I posted, but was too lazy to edit that part out.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:48 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Quote :
Nothing wrong with that reaction.

He actually used the words "that's okay".

I agree.

I took it to mean more of a "Oh thats the way its gonna be now huh? Ok fuck you then." Not that he wouldnt fight him.

Munoz needs to hush anyways...He aint getting a shot yet...lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:56 pm

I guess you can choose to take it one way or the other, depending on which side of the fence you are on.
Kind of like how some people view Sonnen's antics.
His fans say it's a hilarious show.
His detractors say he's a dick.

I think the Anderson dividing line is the same way. You see him how you choose to see him.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Heh I think even Sonnen's fan even thinks hes a dick.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:35 am

Krieger wrote:
Heh I think even Sonnen's fan even thinks hes a dick.

Haha, pretty much true.

I think its more that his fans are amused by him and his detractors hate him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge    Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge  Empty

Back to top Go down

Silva reacts to Munoz's challenge
Page 1 of 1