The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC Vote_lcapTim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC Voting_barTim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC Vote_lcapTim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC Voting_barTim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC

Go down 
+8
lambhimself
Gecko
FistK
DEP
samger2
Berserk
Triggerman99
Mogal
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6216

Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC Empty
PostSubject: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Quote :
But I do want to get back in the UFC and I do want to fight all the fights I think the fans want to see (and) the fights that I want. I want to fight (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira again. I want to fight Frank Mir again. I'd like to fight Brock Lesnar, you know, Alistair Overeem... I want to fight all those guys.
I'm going to put on a show no matter what. I'm going to fight. I'm going to show up and I'm going to fight. .... Dana White, I don't know if (you're watching) but give me a shout."
LINK

Really Tim? "put on a show"?
Sorry, not interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:28 pm

It's funny that of all the fighters he should be mentioning when talking about fighting in the UFC today, he points to rematches with Mir and Nog as his desired match-ups.
Kind of shows you where his motives are; he just wants to erase some blemishes, and not so much actually take this UFC-return thing seriously.

Either way, not interested in the slightest. He would get flat-out dusted by this crop of UFC heavyweights.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28629

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:44 pm

hahaha Overeem would destroy him. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Brock, but I think he would be overwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Overeem, Brock and Mir would all destroy him...unfortunately I'm not sure if Nog would or not...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Whatever.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:28 am

DEP wrote:
Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:24 am

What the hell, throw him in and see what happens. I am split on the matter.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 am

He is just looking to get paid, so Dana could give him a 4/5 fight contract at 10k/20k per fight;
final offer. lol

I don't know how interested I would be to see him fight, he put on a ton of weight in the last couple years no?

He does have a 6 - 1 record in his last 7 fights, which include victories over Mariusz Pudzianowski and Paul Buenatello.

A link to his fight 3 days ago, which he won by UD.
Fight

scratch
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Im always a fan of the underdog. Hes won a couple of fights, looks like he's in shape. He is a past champ and has good motivation.

Why not? Lesner, Mir, Overeem..... give him a shot.

Worst case scenario.... he gets KO'd and we never hear from him again.

Best case he beats Lesner and Overeem and Mir heh and gets a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3792

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Last time I saw him he wasn't doing the best ,but he actually sounds sincere so I figure what the hell give him like one or two fights and see how he does. He was pretty awesome before Mir broke his arm.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 am

Im not so sure what I saw last week is what I would consider in shape when referring to Sylvia. He had to cut weight on the day of the weigh-ins to make the HW max and then just laid on some dude against the cage who took a fight on 1 week notice for 3 rounds...
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:57 am

Yeah, when he says in shape... its only in comparison to what he looked like a year ago when he was at like 330lbs... the fight was a shit fest like FistK said... and if I recall Lesnar was in UFC and called out Tim "Swampthing" Sylvia... but from what I remember he wanted nothing to do with that fight at the time. Give him a shitty contract, first fight in he can face a Big Country or a Struve, if he can beat either of them he may be able to hang in the UFC a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:01 am

Everyone on the HW ladder could use a "newsreel" KO.... fans too ...heh Sylvia could provide this to the drooling mob that are WE the fight fans.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:44 am

Krieger wrote:

Worst case scenario.... he gets KO'd and we never hear from him again.

Personally I would call that the best case scenario. cheers
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:54 pm

^ lol.

I like where Kriegers brain is at, just for sheer entertainment factor alone; it doesn;t have to be a big money contract by any means; but I am sure Tim's idea of a former HW chammions contract is far from what Dana and Zuffa's might be.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:21 pm

I've always viewed Sylvia as the last of the dinosaur era of UFC HW's. Like I mentioned in another thread: Big, strong, not highly talented or driven guys who just wanted a paycheck dominated the HW's for a long time. Guys like Arlovski ushered in the new era with talent and drive. Sylvia is as big and uncoordinated as any HW ever was. There's just no room for guys like that in the UFC anymore.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5407

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Timmeh wants to get payed. That is all. It will never happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC   Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Tim Sylvia Wants Another Shot In The UFC
Page 1 of 1