The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC Vote_lcapTim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC Voting_barTim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC Vote_lcapTim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC Voting_barTim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC

Go down 
+2
Chrom
drainbamage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10250

Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 10:51 am

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/454115/Tim-Sylvia-Why-I-left-the-UFC/

Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia appeared recently on the “You're Welcome! With Chael Sonnen” podcast, and discussed his departure from the UFC, and what might have been. Sylvia began with how he left the UFC in 2008, to go fight for Affliction MMA vs. Fedor Emelianenko, for $800,000. Sylvia was at the time coming off a loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in a fight for the interim heavyweight title.

"I was making $100,000 and $100,000 in the UFC," said Sylvia as transcribed by David St. Martin for MMAFIghting.com. "I would have to win four fights in the UFC to make the $800,000 to get what I was paid. I had one fight on my contract left and I wanted to fight Brock Lesnar next. They wouldn't let me do it. I wanted to get paid what he was getting paid. He was getting $300,000 and $300,000 plus PPV buys. He was making about three million dollars a fight. I was like, 'I'm the f---ing heavyweight champ and this guy comes in and he's making this kind of money? He's only fought once in his career.'

"I was very bitter, very pissed off. They said they were going to have me fight Cheick Kongo over in Europe and I said I wasn't interested. I asked them to release me from my contract, they did and the next day I signed with Affliction."

"You know Dana White. He's just a f---ing d---. He's just holding a grudge. They're pissed off because I went to support Affliction. I was sponsored by them for three years before that fight. Dana's just a d---. He holds grudges. They blackballed Andrei Arlovski, as well, but he was smart, went to a good camp, started picking and choosing who he fought and put eight or ten wins together. They had no choice but to bring him back to the UFC."

"Look at him. He's top 10 again. I truly believe that if I hadn't taken some dumb, stupid fights and stayed in shape I could have been back in the UFC and top 10, as well. Would I have won the title again? I don't know. Probably not, but there's still a lot of good fights for me out there. I could have fought Frank Mir, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Stefan Struve, Matt Mittrione, Brendan Schaub."

"There are so many guys in the top 10 who don't even deserve it. The UFC is over-saturated now with Ultimate Fighters. Events back to back to back. They're just bringing in scabs. It's not like it used to be when we were fighting back in the day when we had to earn our right to get into the UFC. I think it took me 15[13] fights to get into the UFC and I was undefeated.

"I've slowed down a little bit, but I've still got the punching power. If I was in shape? I'm top 20. No doubt about it."
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 10:57 am

i wish sylvia would have taken his fighting career more serious. with the right camp and trainers that guy could have been so much bigger. to me he is wasted talent.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22848

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:18 am

Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC 4t696x
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:52 am

OOOOOUUUUUCCCCCCHHHH

mercer cracked him.. unreal.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Quote :
I truly believe that if I..........

stayed in shape I could have been back in the UFC and top 10 as well.

Exactly Timmy.
Exactly.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12608

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:55 am

oh tim.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15322

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:22 am

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16387

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:54 am

donuts......donuts are why he never made it back to the ufc
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:40 am

Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC Sylviamissesweight_zps0174410c
Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC 71395667-heavyweight-champion-tim-sylvia-weighs-in-for-gettyimages
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15322

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:59 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hahahahahahaha that was to freakin funny. lol!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:42 pm

lol sylvia looks like he ate the entire 800k purse he got from fighting fedor dude was almost 400 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22848

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 11:32 am

Jesus, he was actually ruled "too fat to fight" in January... 371lbs
Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC B6cvkk10
http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/15031-photo-tim-sylvia-ruled-too-fat-to-fight-over-weekend-retires
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:29 pm

jesus. hes dressed like a public school janitor..

wouldnt take sylvia as the dockers type.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12608

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 9:52 am

drainbamage wrote:
jesus. hes dressed like a public school janitor..

wouldnt take sylvia as the dockers type.

Cuz they probably had the elastic pregnancy stretch waistline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC   Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Tim Sylvia: Why I left the UFC
Page 1 of 1