The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_lcapBring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Voting_barBring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_lcapBring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Voting_barBring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF

Go down 
+6
9Teen_AT4
Triggerman99
Gecko
Chrom
butterknifeninja
Krieger
10 posters

Would Tim Sylvia be a draw on TUF as a participant?
Yes
Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_lcap48%Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_rcap
 48% [ 12 ]
No
Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_lcap16%Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Would this guy just eat a mess of Double Downs and die already?
Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_lcap28%Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_rcap
 28% [ 7 ]
It would be the best Cinderella Story ever!
Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_lcap8%Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5741

Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Empty
PostSubject: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:42 am

TUF: Why Bringing Tim Sylvia Aboard Could Save the Show

Hunter Homistek
(Contributor) on May 6, 2012

MMAjunkie.com

Did you watch The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) this past Friday?
Did you really?
If so, bravo. If not, join the club.
More and more people are dropping off the TUF bandwagon, and for good reason.
The live format is cool, but let's not kid ourselves, we want some star power, some juicy story lines and some foreshadowing to sink our teeth into.

Junie Browning, Chris Leben and my personal favorite, "Titties," all gave us a reason to watch TUF, but now we have to watch simply for the love of the sport and the hope that we might see a future star in the making.

Look, I'm all about supporting TUF and mixed martial arts in general, but the show needs a little kick, for viewer's sake.
Enter Tim Sylvia.

The "Maine-iac, the former UFC heavyweight champion of the world, the man with the epic sideburns and perhaps the most underwhelming workout video ever.

Yes, that Tim Sylvia.

"The Maine-iac" has been on a roll via Twitter and YouTube hoping to garner support for a second chance in the UFC, but so far his pleas have fallen on deaf ears.
So why not make him fight for it?

Would you be more willing to watch TUF if Tim Sylvia was a participant?
Yes
91.7%
No
8.3%
Total votes: 24

First of all, he would generate ratings. Whether you want to see him fail or succeed, he would give you a reason to watch.
He's a man with a name and reputation, and that is better than anything else on the show at the moment.
Secondly, Sylvia on TUF takes the burden of re-hiring him off the UFC's shoulders. The heavyweight division is stacked right now, so the company doesn't really need him, but it'd be an easy decision for them if he took on the show.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:43 am

Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF KFC-Double-Down
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4017

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:18 am

If Kimbo can be on the show then why not Timmy? I could give a shit about the guy but if he won (which I don't think he could) that would prove he can hang in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22860

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:24 am

14% for "Would this guy just eat a mess of Double Downs and die already?"
BAHAHAHAA
I voted yes.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15334

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:43 pm

i voted yes to give him a shot, hell if we can give one to kimbo why not tim? If he wins the whole thing like roy did then let him in and give him a chance. i kbnow dana wasnt to big on roy nelson at all but the guy deserves a spot in the ufc period.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59454

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Why not?
He probalby wouldn't do shit on the show, and then after he gets smashed, Dana can say "told you so".
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7716

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Yes because I have always told myself if Tim Sylvia ever came back to the UFC, it would be through TUF tv show and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9493

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:12 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3793

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:07 pm

I'd be down for it do another comeback season.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:34 am

Could they put together a whole card of "comeback" Cinderella men?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22860

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:42 am

hmmm, what other weight class needs it aside from HW's... just for timmeh......
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5408

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:18 am

I may be one of the biggest Timmeh haters, but even I would enjoy watching him on TUF. Well, mostly because I know he would get destroyed by a noobie fighter Laughing

As far as the current season of TUF is concerned? I don't mind the lack of drama at all. I understand that the society we live in crave that mess, but I am not disappointed in TUF for not providing it. No, I am more disappointed that it is an issue that it isn't as prominent.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59454

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:06 pm

The lack of drama isn't what makes this season so lame to me. It's the lack of compelling personalities. Everyone is just so vanilla on this show it makes me tired.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10315

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:40 am

I think he'd be a draw for sure...do I think he'd do well? No way...the talent pool at this point is far too deep for Timmy to compete successfully. He's too slow and cumbersome. The only thing he has is reach...all it would take is another fast Randy Cotoure shot in the beginning to drop him and work him out after that.

He MAY win his first fight just because the guy in front of him respects him too much as the previous UFC HW champ...kinda like the whole Faber/Pulver thing, or GSP/Hughes I thing...but after that the floor would get wiped with poor Tim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF   Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring Sylvia back as a contender on TUF
Page 1 of 1