The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) Vote_lcapSonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) Voting_barSonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) Vote_lcapSonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) Voting_barSonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)

Go down 
+4
Krieger
lambhimself
the commie
Chrom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22839

Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) Empty
PostSubject: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Quote :
HIGHLIGHTS:
“I’m trying to pick a fight with this guy. This is the most confusing thing I’ve ever been part of in this sport. You’ve got an alleged champion letting me talk to him that way while he sits fifteen feet away … with his head down. You’ve got a guy like me sticking his finger in his chest day after day, hour after hour, and he can’t say a word. The one time he finally speaks up is to say ‘I don’t want the rematch. I don’t want to fight you.’ I don’t understand how we can can this guy champion.

Last check he’s ducked every tough fight that’s come his way. Last check I’ve been calling him out for six years. I’ve beat every champion of every company there’s ever been. I’ve beaten more world champions than he’s ever even been in the ring with. And they’re calling him the king of the division?”

“People tell me it shouldn’t be personal, well Jim it is personal. Okay. I’m picking a fight. If he has a problem with it, come do something about it. What does he do? He called Dana White and tattled on me. Can you believe that? He told Uncle Dana that I went too far. Well, maybe I did. Guess what? Let’s get in the Octagon — the people’s forum — and settle this. I will answer for everything I’ve ever done or said. Hit my music — when it hits those speakers I’ll make that walk. Anderson, you do the same, and we will figure this out in front of the world.”
source

Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7948

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:50 pm

man, he is not gonna shut up until he gets the rematch. lol
it would be ironic if he gets destroyed.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5912

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:57 pm

The way he talks is hilarious,
"Keep the Horses fast" ? wtf (lol)

Its never going to get old for me I don't think;
he is hitting every otulet possible to make it known
that he wants this fight.

Him denying losing was pretty lame though.
"Alledgedly"
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5720

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Heh Sonnen has lost to Jeremy Horn three times and even lost to Babalu (thats 2005 Babalu) he lost to Maia... oh yeah he even lost to Forrest..... Anderson has beaten guys Sonnen wouldnt even be allowed to use the bathroom AFTER them.

Anderson 31 and 4 (with one loss due to an upkick). A man of integrity who honors his opponants all of which have been legitimate challengers for his belt.

Sonnen a convicted drug abusing real estate con man with a 26 and 11 record with some dubious losses. AND a big disrespectful mouth trying con his way into another big payday against a man who he has already tapped to.

Slap Anderson in the face?.... Yup sounds like something you'd do Chael ... it really does.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59433

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:13 pm

^
cheers
Perfectly spoken!!

I was gonna say something along the lines of Silva doesn't talk shit and keeps quiet becasue he's respectful, but you pretty much covered it.

Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7948

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:09 pm

this is show business and if you do it with wit and humor its all good im my book.
otherwise we would gather here once a month and have the same conversation every time.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Nah, not in mine. Witty is not the same as disrespectful.
Whatever; he likes to talk, fine. I just wish it made sense more often than not.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:17 am

Yeah Sonnen doesnt strike me as a "witty" kinda guy.... but you know?.... hes half way there.

.... half wit.... get it?.... half wit.... sigh
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15313

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:47 am

Krieger wrote:
Yeah Sonnen doesnt strike me as a "witty" kinda guy.... but you know?.... hes half way there.

.... half wit.... get it?.... half wit.... sigh

lol!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks Gecko... heh
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5387

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:48 pm

For some reason I am totally convinced that Sonnen didn't lose that fight.

I am not even sure if that fight happened...

I'm not even sure if I was conscious that day, maybe not that entire week.

I'm not even sure if Anderson is a MW anymore...

Did something just move behind me?

I think Chael is watching me type this...

I'm afraid I just got pregnant...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:36 pm

lol!

Well it's official;

Sonnen has talked us all stupid.
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6196

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks Trigg...
For whatever stupid reason, I've been laughing at your comment for the last 20 minutes!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:04 pm

WAIT Zacch is having Chael's baby ! OMFG
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Mogal wrote:
Thanks Trigg...
For whatever stupid reason, I've been laughing at your comment for the last 20 minutes!!

LOL! It's not your fault. Blame Chael for making you stupid; otherwise my comment wouldn't have been funny at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)   Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonnen: "I'll slap Anderson in the face" (Jim Rome audio)
Page 1 of 1