The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' Vote_lcapMelvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' Voting_barMelvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' Vote_lcapMelvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' Voting_barMelvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' Empty
PostSubject: Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it'   Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Quote :
You tawkin' to me?

After leaving Shane Roller in an eight-sided carbonite chamber at UFC 132 back on July 2, streaking lightweight contender Melvin Guillard has been calling out the rest of the contending lightweights in an effort to thin the herd.

Including Joe Lauzon.

"The Young Assassin" is 8-1 over his last nine fights and has made a mockery of the 155-pound division since aligning himself with Jackson's MMA in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

In addition to his cruel and unusual punishment at the "Cruz vs. Faber 2" pay-per-view, the former "Ultimate Fighter" derailed the hype train of Evan Dunham with a brilliant performance at UFC "Fight for the Troops 2" earlier this year.

While Lauzon has been inconsistent as of late, going 2-2 over his last four contests, the Bostonian bulwark is a formidable threat on the ground and one of the division's more likable fighters.

Disposing of a jiu-jitsu wizard like "J-Lau" could be the final hurdle in proving Guillard has the tools to get the job done at the division's highest level.

And the self-proclaimed "Director of Awesome" (via MMA Weekly) is ready for the challenge:

Star-divide

"Melvin's saying he wants to fight me. Last week, I think Charles Oliveira's saying he wants to fight me. I'll fight whoever the UFC wants. If the UFC wants me to fight Melvin, then let's do it. If the UFC wants me to fight Charles Oliveira, then let's do it. I'm not too picky. I've never told the UFC, 'No I don't want to fight.' If they want me to fight someone, then I'll do it."

Guillard vs. Lauzon would undoubtedly present an interesting clash of styles. Both guys are available and (probably) more than willing to fight sooner rather than later.

In fact, Melvin made sure to say he would love to fight at the upcoming UFC 136 event on Oct. 8 in Houston, Texas, but if the UFC needs another great match-up on Spike TV for the "Battle on the Bayou" fight card, well, he's down for that, too.

That's an attitude that reflects well on future fight bookings, but is Guillard, who badly wants to reach a title shot in a top-heavy division, well-served to ask for a fight against Lauzon? Or is the potential face-off just an unnecessary risk?
The rest at
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/7/11/2269903/come-at-me-joe-melvin-guillard-calls-out-j-lau-lauzon-says-lets-do-it
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it'   Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:16 am

Melvin is no where near deserving of a title shot. He needs 3 more solid wins and one of those should be a Nate Diaz rematch.Maynard and maybe Siver rematch.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it'   Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:20 am

All those fights would be tough match ups for him. I agree with ya, just because your exciting and put on a good show in your last outing, doesn't immediately jump you way up to the top of the ladder. I mean who the hell does he think he is? Brock Lesnar? Laughing
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it'   Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Bring it on!! I'd love to see JLo climb all over Melvin like a spider monkey and put him to sleep in a rear naked or a triangle.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it'   Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:46 pm

If Evan Dunham is the biggest name you've beat then you definitely don't deserve a title shot. Especially in a division as stacked as 155. I'd favor him over Lauzon though. J-Lau probably wouldn't be able to take him down and would probably get TKO'd
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it'   Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:33 pm

I hate to say it because I'm not a fan of Melvin, but he has heavy hands. I think JLo is far more talented, but if he got caught it'd be bad news.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it'   Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it' Empty

Back to top Go down

Melvin Guillard calls out 'J-Lau,' Lauzon says 'let's do it'
Page 1 of 1