The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians Vote_lcapMelvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians Voting_barMelvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians Vote_lcapMelvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians Voting_barMelvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians Empty
PostSubject: Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians   Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Quote :
“Both camps are great, both sets of coaches are awesome. It’s just a decision I had to make for myself professionally. Did I want to split the time? Yeah, I did, but it’s kind of like trying to work for Exxon and work for Shell. You won’t be able to split your time between both. Cause both of those companies wouldn’t allow it. So it came to one of those points in my life where I had to make a grown-up decision. Kind of an executive decision, and this is the decision I made. I didn’t leave Jackson’s in a bad way. I love those coaches to death, love that team, and if anything every occurs and I have to go back to Jackson’s, I hope I’m still welcome, because I didn’t leave in the wrong way… As fighters we have to make the decision who’s going to get us ready to take us to that next level. At the end of the day, all this hype about which coach is better than who, at the end of the day we’re the ones in there doing the job. We’re the ones that have to get in there and bust our butts. All they can do is give direction and make things go from there.”

BJPenn.com

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians   Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Hell Yah !
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians   Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:54 pm

I don't think he should have left, I think they did a lot to turn aaround his fight game and bring him back into contention; even though he lost his last fight against Joe Lauzon. It showed that he still gotta stick to game plan and not rush into swinging for the fences thinking he can overpower and knock out every fighter in the division.

Who else is on this Blackzilian team>? I don't recall hearing of it?
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians   Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Bigfoot Silva, Tyrone Spong, Rashad Evans, Rumble Johnson, Jorge Masvidal, Mike Van Arsdale, Michael Johnson, Jorge Santiago, JZ Cavalcante and more
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians   Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:32 am

All i know is if melvin wants to stay in the LW contender mix then he really needs to get a ground game going and a major cardio bust as well. He relies soley on his stand up and in hopes of knocking them out. His submission defense is awful too.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians   Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:39 am

Agreed,

Submissions were the reason for both of his last 2 defeats.

I don`t think his cardio needs much improvement though,
granted a fighters cardio could always be better I suppose;
but his is above average imo already.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians   Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:45 am

lambhimself wrote:
Agreed,

Submissions were the reason for both of his last 2 defeats.

I don`t think his cardio needs much improvement though,
granted a fighters cardio could always be better I suppose;
but his is above average imo already.

The more i think about it, you are right his cardio isnt to bad at all. I guess i am just stuck on his fight with Diaz. He came out super strong in the 1st round and was almost completly drained for round 2 which made it easy for Diaz to sub him. Perhaps i should have said he needs to manage his energy levels better during his fights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians   Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians Empty

Back to top Go down

Melvin Guillard Leaves Team Greg Jackson to Train with Blackzilians
Page 1 of 1