The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Vote_lcapBrock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Voting_barBrock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Vote_lcapBrock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Voting_barBrock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Empty
PostSubject: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 8:28 pm

Quote :
Former UFC heavyweight champion and current WWE Superstar Brock Lesnar has always been a big, muscular man with uncanny athletic ability. All his life, he says, he’s been dealing with doubters, who couldn’t believe he got the way he is naturally.

Count his UFC 200 opponent Mark Hunt among them.

“Lesnar’s been juicing his whole career,” Hunt said in an interview with Sports Illustrated. “I’m still going to go out there and punch his face in until he’s knocked out.”

As he said during Thursday’s UFC 200 pre-fight media call, Lesnar’s used to the accusation.

“I’ve been dealing with that my entire life. I’m a white boy and I’m jacked, deal with it. What do you want me to say? I’m a white boy and I’m jacked, deal with it.”

Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Brockl10

Of course, Lesnar receiving special treatment in his return to the Octagon doesn’t do much to help dispel accusations, such as those of Hunt.

Under the Anti-Doping Policy administered by the United States Anti-Doping Agency, any fighter returning from retirement is supposed to make him or herself available for random drug testing for at least four months prior to returning. Lesnar was granted an exemption from the rule, although he has reportedly been drug tested five times by USADA since his return was made public.

Regardless of any suspicions Hunt, pundits, fans, or anyone else might have, Lesnar doesn’t generally care about such things. He doesn’t even give much consideration to the executives at the WWE, when they don’t exactly endorse his UFC 200 fight.

In a recent interview with Business Insider, WWE chief brand officer Stephanie McMahon acknowledged that while WWE was allowing Lesnar to fight at UFC 200, the professional wrestling promotion wasn’t exactly endorsing it.

“We are not supporting the fight necessarily but, again, it’s not a competitor to us,” she said.

When the performance-enhancing drug accusations were later followed by questions about McMahon’s comments, in characteristic fashion, Lesnar shucked it off.

“I don’t know,” Lesnar chuckled. “I don’t care what she says.”

So no matter what any of us thinks about Brock Lesnar or his return to the UFC, he doesn’t really care. He’s doing this for himself and his family, not anyone else.

Deal with it.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/brock-lesnar-responds-to-peds-accusations-im-a-white-boy-and-jacked-deal-with-it

I'm sorry, but this is like the most blatantly racist shit I've ever heard. lmao!!!

What place does being white or black or whatever even remotely have in this discussion? That's the most randomly misplaced racist thing I've heard in a long time.

I could try to guess what he's trying to say with this statement, but I don't think I want to, because it's probably not good.

Last edited by Triggerman99 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 10:42 am

Haha, he is starting to grow on me in a "mans man" sort of way.

The very first question of the UFC 200 press conference after being away from the sport for years.

Reporter - Brock do you feel your performance at UFC 200 will affect your draw in the WWE?

Brock - I really dont give a shit.

Lol!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 10:53 am

Yeah I just spent like 3 days arguing with people on another site about his comments, and I guess I should clarify;
I don't really have a problem with what he said personally. I was more so just pointing it out like "Holy shit, that was kind of racist! I don't even think he realized it! Lol!!!".
What I didn't mean was "This is horrible and I'm offended and he should be punished at once!!".
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Yeah, I think he falls into the category with most my family members. In other words, they don't think they are racist, but say shit all the time that is borderline racist.

Probably more ignorance than racist. But probably a little bit of both too!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 2:12 pm

^^^^

Exactly!!

Racist doesn't automatically = mean and derogatory. I don't think he meant anything derogatory by it at all, but it's still just a tad more than a little bit racist. lol
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 3:39 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 11:04 am

In his back woods bacjwards way I think he thought of it as a compliment.  Meaning he meant most people think of black guys being built and in shape, but he is actually a white who is lol.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 12:29 pm

racist and racial are not the same thing......people like to get offended by racial comments.....there shouldn't be a problem with racial comments or conversations....racist on the other hand.....now there is a fine line between the 2 for sure but one implies making a judgment or opinion based on race and the other just implies race as subject matter, which in and of its self isn't a negative thing.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 3:53 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
racist and racial are not the same thing......people like to get offended by racial comments.....there shouldn't be a problem with racial comments or conversations....racist on the other hand.....now there is a fine line between the 2 for sure but one implies making a judgment or opinion based on race and the other just implies race as subject matter, which in and of its self isn't a negative thing.

Right.
This is more or less what i was trying to convey on the other site where I brought this up.
I was kind of saying a mix of what you and FistK are saying.

You're saying racial and racist are two different things, but I was using racist and bigoted as my examples.
Saying something racist is often negative and derogatory, but by definition it isn't always. The people I was arguing with were coming at me like I was calling Lesnar a bigot, which couldn't be further from the truth. They were under the impression that I was offended by what he said and I was being overly PC about it. But all I did was point out that at it's core it was a racist (not bigoted) thing to say. Observing something and pointing it out isn't the same thing as being offended by it. I just thought it was hilariously ignorant by Lesnar, but not mean or intentionally hurtful.

And yes FistK; that's exactly what he meant. And was it insulting? No. Was it mean-spirited? No.
But did he generalize one race of people to be different based on an assumed characteristic that they possesses which makes them superior in the subject at hand over another? Yes. And that's textbook racism.
Just because he wasn't claiming his race to be the superior one in this instance doesn't make it any less racist. It's like reverse racism. lol!

But even with that said, it was such a pointless thing to bring into the discussion. There were countless ways he could've answered that question without bringing his race into it.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 4:53 pm

Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Frabz-11

too much??
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm actually a libertarian, so nope; fine with me!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:24 pm

#feelthejohnson
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Chrom wrote:
#feelthejohnson

I'm no political expert by any stretch of the imagination, (nor do I actually.....you know, care that much about any of it), but if that guy's a libertarian, then Brock Lesnar is a man who chooses his words carefully.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 5:40 am

Haha I laughed at least twice since my last reply in this thread lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 10:33 am

It's so much more fun talking about this stuff here.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."   Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it." Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar on steroid accusations; "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."
Page 1 of 1