The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler Vote_lcaprory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler Voting_barrory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler Vote_lcaprory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler Voting_barrory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler

Go down 
+2
Chrom
drainbamage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10241

rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler Empty
PostSubject: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 1:13 pm

rory-

guy is super talented but he seems to not pull the trigger in some fights.

last night was probably the worst ive ever seen him. not that he fought bad but what was his game plan? his output was low and he connected with a handful of shots.

is wonderboy that unorthodox to fight and that caused rory not to pull the trigger or is it something else that rory needs to change??

cerrone-

he fought a tough guy last night and made it look easy. cote was dropped multiple times and finished for the first time by strikes in something like 35 fights. cerrone looked amazing.

should he stay at 170 or do you think the upper tier will handle him with ease?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22839

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Rory did look flat as hell! I agree he hasn't looked that off his game ever.
Cerone should stay at 170 imo and DEMAND more $ in a new contract.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22839

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Quote :
With Cerrone, you have a fighter known for competing as much as possible, and one they can rely on to constantly put on exciting fights for the UFC. When asked what his kind of fighter means for the promotion, Cowboy decided to bring up his displeasure with his contract.

"That all sounds nice, but according to my pay, I don't mean shit to the UFC," Cerrone said during the post-fight press conference. "But we'll see. I'll talk to Dana after this, and see if we can figure that out."
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/19/11972262/donald-cerrone-according-to-my-pay-i-dont-mean-sh-t-to-the-ufc
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 11:29 am

does anyone know what his income is per fight?

id assume he has a great contract.. this is surprising to me considering all of the times he stepped up for the ufc.

there are so many match ups for him at 170 and id love to see him face off against matt brown or magny next
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5720

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 11:45 am

I think he is too caught up in replicating GSPs wrestling defensive style. A style GSP mastered with his own skill set. Although Rory trains at Red Star and models after GSP I don't think he has proven he can pull off the style.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59433

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 10:48 pm

drainbamage wrote:
rory-

last night was probably the worst ive ever seen him. not that he fought bad but what was his game plan? his output was low and he connected with a handful of shots.

is wonderboy that unorthodox to fight and that caused rory not to pull the trigger or is it something else that rory needs to change??

Yeah i was thinking the same thing while watching that fight.

Anik was popping off about how hard Thompson is to take down, but I have a hard time believing he's SO hard to take down that Rory shouldn't even try. Rory took and held Tyron Woodley down at will, and somehow Thompson is supposed to have vastly superior TDD to him? I find that hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12599

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 5:40 am

Yeah I dont know about Thompson's takedown defense, but I do think he is really tough to fight and can make anyone look bad on any given night.  Props to Wonderboy.

Cerrone just looked out right awesome.  I know it was only Cote, but Cote is a pretty big WW and he is tough as hell.  Cerrone made him look like a rookie scrub.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 8:57 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

drainbamage wrote:
rory-

Anik was popping off about how hard Thompson is to take down, but I have a hard time believing he's SO hard to take down that Rory shouldn't even try. Rory took and held Tyron Woodley down at will, and somehow Thompson is supposed to have vastly superior TDD to him? I find that hard to believe.

brown took him down like 7 times in 3 rounds. he has solid take down defense but if rory wasn't playing it so safe or calculated he could have went in there for the take down and really pressure wonderboy.

hes unorthodox and hard to fight because he comes from so many angles but the key to beat him is to apply pressure and smother him.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12599

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 9:05 am

drainbamage wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

drainbamage wrote:
rory-

brown took him down like 7 times in 3 rounds. .

That was 4 years ago man....jeeze lol.

He's come a long way...
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 11:28 am

I was just eluding to the fact that if rory kept pressure on him he would have had a better chance of winning the fight. matt brown doesn't have any wrestling credentials and kept steady pressure, closed the distance and used that to win his fight.

I think that would have helped rory out much more than going for those roll over takedowns/leglocks.

either way Thompson is tricky and possibly could be the next champion unless they put a guy like maia on him. that would be the worst match up for Thompson in that division. maia will latch on to him and we would see how he could hold up against that pressure
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35181

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 1:48 pm

And let's not forget Matt Brown got completely lit up (worse than Fedor against Maldonado) in the first round against Thompson. Everyone on the planet thought it was over several times.
Matt only won that fight because he is Matt Brown and you cannot kill a zombie.
That was one of the biggest comeback fights I've ever seen. Matt stole Thompson's heart in that fight and made it easier to get takedowns. That loss was the best thing that could have happened to him, and he's only gotten better since.

Thompson is very dangerous since he generates so much power from such short/quick movements. You have to almost guess on the timing to steal a takedown from a shot.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 5:21 pm

matt brown mentioned he was knocked out twice in that fight.

dude is a warrior

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/4/22/2966341/ufc-145-matt-brown-knocked-out-stephen-thompson-mma-news

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59433

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 8:26 pm

I still refer to him by the name Jesse Taylor gave him on TUF because it just fits his no nonsense, "fuck you" style of fighting so well:

He's Matt Motherfuckin Brown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler   rory mcdonald  /  donald cerrone  spoiler Empty

Back to top Go down

rory mcdonald / donald cerrone spoiler
Page 1 of 1