The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge Vote_lcapBJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge Voting_barBJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge Vote_lcapBJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge Voting_barBJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59449

BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge Empty
PostSubject: BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge   BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Quote :
Sometimes all it takes is the right opportunity and a fighter will jump on it, sometimes even drawing them out of retirement.

It appears that’s the case for future UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn who seems to have found the right fight to lure him back into the Octagon.

UFC welterweight Rory MacDonald recently stated that he would like the chance to face Penn in Toronto as part of the upcoming UFC 152 card landing there in September.

The reason behind the request was simply because MacDonald knew that it may be one of his only chances to face a legend in the Octagon before he faces the end of his career.

Well, now it appears that Penn has listened and has a response.

‘Rory, I accept your challenge,” Penn said today through his personal website BJPenn.com

While UFC officials are yet to weigh in on the matter, it appears almost a lock that they will make the match-up happen after attempting to get Penn back in the cage for the last few months

http://www.mmaweekly.com/b-j-penn-accepts-rory-macdonalds-challenge

I gotta say, this seems like a really weird choice of opponent by BJ. He didn't want Gil at LW for the SF title, and he didn't want Kos at WW, but he'll accept a fight with Rory McDonald?

My only theory is that since Rory is GSP's understudy, maybe BJ wants to get a little revenge on GSP in an indirect way by puttin a hurtin on his boy.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15329

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge   BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:11 am

yeah have to agree with you there, this fight seems just off to me.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12615

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge   BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:25 am

Gecko wrote:
yeah have to agree with you there, this fight seems just off to me.

Totally agree...Kos is the bigger name right now and I think that is all BJ is after at this point.

Only thing I can think of is that BJ sees something in Rorys game he thinks he can exploit but i doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5736

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge   BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 am

Heh yeah.... Penn beating McDonald's fists with his face.

I predict another hospital visit for Penn.

Oh.... and some more cheating accusations to cover the humiliation of the loss.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7711

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge   BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:30 pm

This is a terrible fight for Penn.

Makes Zero sense. Zero cents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge   BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

BJ Penn to return; accepts Rory McDonald's challenge
Page 1 of 1