The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  Vote_lcapConnor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  Voting_barConnor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  Vote_lcapConnor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  Voting_barConnor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  Empty
PostSubject: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Never have been a fan of trash talking from losers who couldn't back their trash talk up.

Fighters who have lost, taking glee in the fighter who beat their ass losing his (or her) last fight should just shut up and not go "see see see he/she is a lousy fighter!

I love Connors response to Aldo and dos Angos on his FaceBook;

"I stormed in and put it all on the line. I took a shot and missed. I will never apologize for taking a shot. Shit happens. I'll take this loss like a man. I will not shy away from it. I will not change who I am. If another champion goes up 2 weights let me know. If your tired of me talking money, take a nap. I'll still be here when you wake up with the highest PPV and the gate. Still talking multi 7's. Thank you to the true support and fuck the hate that came out of the woodwork. I love it all. Its still steak for breakfast. I've been here many times in my life in some form or another. I'll eat it all and come back stronger. Aldo you are a pussy. Dos anjos you are a pussy. When the history books are written, I showed up. You showed up on Twitter. To the fans! Never ever shy away from challenges. Never run from adversity. Face yourself head on. Nate I will see you again."

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Sorry here's the link

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/3/7/11167666/ufc-196-conor-mcgregor-defiant-nate-diaz-loss-torches-aldo-dos-anjos-facebook-rant-mma
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10249

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 11:19 am

you know I was surprised to see jose put such a stupid comment on his facebook or twitter right after the fight. I mean come on jose you had your chance and you got leveled in record setting time. this is after he pulled out from their first scheduled fight. I love jose and always thought of him as a class act and a respectful fighter but that was stupid and if they fight again I hope conor flattens him faster than last time.

rda seems more respectful and I personally believe that rda would maul conor with constant grappling, ground and pound,and subs

its in conors best interest to not bite off more than he could chew and stick with the 145 divi
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 12:47 pm

I saw his post fight interview and I thought he did well. I hope he goes back to 145 and continues the domination but I would like to see him give 155 a try.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:24 pm

drainbamage wrote:
you know I was surprised to see jose put such a stupid comment on his facebook or twitter right after the fight. I mean come on jose you had your chance and you got leveled in record setting time. this is after he pulled out from their first scheduled fight. I love jose and always thought of him as a class act and a respectful fighter but that was stupid and if they fight again I hope conor flattens him faster than last time.

rda seems more respectful and I personally believe that rda would maul conor with constant grappling, ground and pound,and subs

its in conors best interest to not bite off more than he could chew and stick with the 145 divi

Yeah Aldo is developing a habit of saying dumb shit like that.
It could be something getting lost in translation, but I don't think so. I think he's just genuinely out of touch with how things unfold around him and is just kind of clueless and terrible at trash talk.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:44 am

he really is terrible at the art of trash talking. he is stating now that conor has " soup hands" wtf??? I think conor may have knocked the brain cells out of joses head. Its like jose doesn't remember taking a nap 10 seconds into his fight with conor.

on a side note im really getting sick of the whole brazil vs the world thing that every Brazilian fighter does these days. nate diaz pulled off a great choke against conor and all the Brazilian fighters were crediting brazil for that win and not diaz. you know because the American born fighter who excelled in a brazil form of fighting used his superior technique to win so naturally you have to give credit to brazil. Rolling Eyes unreal.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:45 am

and I don't mean to offend any Brazilian people who may read this statement.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:57 am

drainbamage wrote:
nate diaz pulled off a great choke against conor and all the Brazilian fighters were crediting brazil for that win and not diaz. you know because the American born fighter who excelled in a brazil form of fighting used his superior technique to win so naturally you have to give credit to brazil. Rolling Eyes  unreal.  
And it's actually a martial art they learned from a Japanese man.
But that's the Gracie Logic. Royce said the same thing when Hughes donkey-kong'd the christ out of him by saying he still is victorious because he was defeated by Gracie Jiu Jitsu (which in reality is basically Japanese jiu-jitsu jitzu, but they tend to leave that part out).
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 11:31 am

I remember hearing something like that.. Brazilian fighters had a great run and they are still holding their own just unfortunately they lost most of their belts. I do give their crowds an applause because they stand behind their fighters 10000% could you imagine if americans did what the irish and Brazilians do? that would be nuts
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 1:10 pm

In this hybrid kind of mma I would call it Stockton Ju Jitsu cause the Daiz boys have definitely made the style their own.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Krieger wrote:
In this hybrid kind of mma I would call it Stockton Ju Jitsu cause the Daiz boys have definitely made the style their own.

Exactly.
And even the Diaz brothers differ in how they use it. Nick is technically the more accomplished grappler of the two, but when was the last time he submitted anyone? It's been several years. Maybe Scott Smith back in EliteXC??
That's because Nick uses his almost exclusively defensively, while Nate aggressively attacks offensively with his.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7956

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:00 am

this Brazil thing is my pet peeve. I understand that they have perfected a lot of moves and added some of their own but a lot of the gracie shit is still in traditional jui jitsu, even in judo. All the arm triangle, the leg triangles, arm bars, key locks, most of the chokes, all in judo. They lay on their back so much that, yes, eventually, they thought of variations on the main moves that could be applied in different situations, but it is not completely new stuff. Judo has 67 throws, originally 40 but later they had to expand to include some variations and counters, but when you fight, its rarely one clear one, it is usually some variation, same with ground stuff. Its just that in the sport of judo, the rules are so limited for the ground fights that most career fighters in judo dont use them, they get stood up too fast. But if you go to the right club that trains the martial art of judo, all is there.
I appreciate jui jitsu and i learn from them, and i give them credit but why cant  they just admit the truth. So insecure that the rest of the world would completely dismiss them...
its like russian sambo, its mostly judo with some other moves from wrestling around the lands of asia and im sure some idiot russians will claim sambo to be their original but most admit to its history. Cant not to, its a fact.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 2:50 pm

The fact is in todays fight game a single pure fighting system Judo, Ju Jitsu, Boxing... whatever, will NEVER win in the world of MMA.

MMA is such a melange of pure martial arts the formula of putting them together is what makes winning fighters. To provide a "Name" for each of these different hybrids individualized for each fighter would be an insurmountable task on its own.

It does seem that the more pure the name the more pure the Martial Art, the less effective it gets in the MMA ring.
Brazilian JuJitsu from Japanese JuJitsu from Judo from Koryu from... you get the point.
As beautiful pure Judo may be, a Judoka doesn't do well in the Octagon if that is only Martial Art they use. We have seen this over and over.

You can't win anymore just using Brazilian Ju Jitsu, maybe back in the day but not now.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 4:15 pm

^^^^^ agreed
we saw it with guys who were just purely strikers and that cookie crumbled years ago.
that's also what has contributed to the downfall of the excitement in mma.
chuck liddell would ko everyone
wandy- ko
Royce- sub people
crocop- headkick
shogun-soccer kick
nog- sub people

and the list goes on and on but once people became efficient in all areas it made your one style obsolete. the hardcore fans went nuts when these guys would fight because you knew how the fight would end and you would explode once that haymaker landed from chuck or Royce locked in a sub etc. nowadays its striking, grappling, sub attempt, back to grappling, some gnp, back to sub attempt, win by decision.. even tho to us as hardcore fans it is interesting( similar to a game of chess to people who follow/play chess ) but to an outsider, bandwagoner its bull shit and boring and thats causing a lot of people to lose their passion for the sport.

I wish we could go back to one trick ponies and get that excitement value up
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 2:45 pm

I loves me some bandwagon jumping though.... the longer the ride the better the bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.    Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Connor keeps yapping, gotta love the guy.
Page 1 of 1