The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. Vote_lcapAldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. Voting_barAldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. Vote_lcapAldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. Voting_barAldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.

Go down 
+3
Triggerman99
Chrom
Gecko
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. Empty
PostSubject: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 pm

http://vendettafighter.com/aldo-injured-ufc-189-fight-with-conor-mcgregor-in-danger/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! War!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 3:13 pm

FUCK NO!!!!!!!!

Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. Ufc-th10
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 3:25 pm

There's talk about possibly putting Edgar in there against McGregor if Aldo can't go. I don't like that idea, if for no other reason than if the McGregor hype train is gonna be derailed, it should justifiably be done by Aldo. Edgar beating him would be a very anti-climactic change of events.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 4:15 pm

for fucks sake....

im all for edgar as a replacement tho. if connor beats edgar then he truly deserves the fight against aldo..

man this is such bullshit i was so pumped for this fight.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 4:27 pm

If i was Connor i would take a pass until Aldo is heeled. I could see Frankie beating Connor in this one.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Holloway says he wants a rematch... I would like that one too.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 5:03 pm

So does the guy who was the last one to beat him, something Duffy, Joe or something.

I'm sure there's a ton of guys who'd love the fight, but that's what I'm afraid of; McGregor getting beat by some middle-of-the-pack fighter before he gets the chance to fight Aldo. Let's be honest, if a fighter with an above-average wrestling game gets in there with Connor, Connor's in trouble.
I'd like to see the fight that we've been waiting for, and I'm afraid if McGregor takes another fight, he's gonna lose, then we're never going to get that fight.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:50 pm

Chael Sonnen wrote:
Aldo hurt his rib, that we know. Is he out? We can only speculate, but why not. Speculation is fun.

Aldo is in on the PPV. He he gets a cut as long as he meets predetermined thresholds. The bad news for Aldo is that he has never met even the minimum threshold and thus has never gotten to participate in a back end bonus. This fight will generate a million buys which would convert to a bonus of roughly 3.5 million dollars. So....
Hurt or not, will he make the walk?

When your injury reports surface on the web, it may not be an issue of Aldo being tough and gutting it out, it may be one an issue of the Commision stepping in and saying "no go." Whoever within his team leaked the training room information to the media, may have just cost Aldo 3.5 million dollars.

BadGuyInc.com
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31187

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 1:05 am

Man this sucks, what was the last fight that everyone wanted to see that was not delayed by a year due to injury?

Edgar is a terrible matchup for McGregor and the UFC would be dumb to blow all the McGregor hype on 3 round non-title fight where Edgar just picks him apart from the outside. That would leave the UFC with Edgar vs Also 2 which will probably sell half the PPVs that Also vs McGregor would get.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 2:33 am

^^^
Exactly!!!
Edgar is the better fighter and far more deserving of the next title shot, but just this once, I don't care!!
I need MCGREGOR vs Aldo!!
I'd rather wait for that fight than see McGregor fight someone else, and I'm not ashamed to admit that....
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 6:54 am

If I were Connor I would turn down the Edgar fight and the UFC would be stupid to offer it.

With a full training camp preparing for Edgar Connor would still have a big problem with Frankie. But not preparing much takedown defense or ground defense at all leading into this would be a death sentence for him.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 9:52 am

max holloway is also an excellent replacement that will stand and bang with connor.
I hope aldo makes the fight and if he loses this is a great crutch for him to blame the loss on his injury.

lets just hope none of these guys get popped for any banned substances because we wont be seeing them fight for a few years
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 10:27 am

dana white tweet

Follow

Dana WhiteVerified account
‏@danawhite
Relax everyone
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 am

^^^
I hope that's as good as it sounds, and not just empty damage control BS.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3792

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 5:19 pm

Same here Trigg, I was so fucking excited for this fight.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3792

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 12:39 am

Apparently the fight is still on.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 am

maybe it was a sham. maybe dana fixed this injury report to spark even more interest in casual fans. this could help spike the PPV ratings and it also allows an argument for a rematch immediately should aldo be beaten.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 12:05 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/jose-aldo-to-fight-conor-mcgregor-at-ufc-189-but-theres-a-back-up-plan

This is fucked.

There were a bunch of reports out there that it was medically confirmed that he had a broken rib and was already rehabbing the injury, and now none of that ever happened.
Also, Mendes is already on standby in case Aldo can't go, and it would be an Interim Title fight.
And Interim Title?! Already?!?!

I don't think the injury was made up or anything, I just think everybody involved is shooting from the hip and completely making shit up as they go along throughout this whole process.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Damn I hope Aldo stays in this fight just like Edgar i think Mendes would plow down Connor too.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 6:15 am

I apologize in advance to any Aldo fans, but I am SO fucking sick and tired of this guy. There is always some kind of bullshit swirling around him.

He has had like five fights canceled due to injury now. I used to just get annoyed at him, because it seemed like he would only fight if he was 110% healthy, but now I think it is more. Nothing is ever a straight fucking story out of his camp.

A couple of weeks ago they threw the Vegas drug tester out of there because he didnt have credentials or whatever only to let him back in a few days later. Now he has a confirmed broken rib, but its not really broken. Its all fucking bullshit and so tiresome.
This completely fucks McGregor too. For the last few days he has been training in limbo not sure what was going on, his opponent now has a built in excuse if he loses, and WORST of all they are still saying Aldo might not be able to fight and if so McGregor has to fight a elite level takedown spammer.
So now what does he do for the last two weeks of his camp? Does he only train as though he is fighting aldo? Does he have to mix in 50/50 ground and takedown defense in case its Mendes. No matter what it is he can't be 100% focused.

I so fucking hope Aldo fights and gets his head deposited into the front row, because all of this bullshit is bush league. Say what you want about McGregor and his antics, but he does it for the good of promoting the fight, not this crap.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:09 am

Yeah, it's bullshit! Connor basically said they won't know who he's fighting til fight night and he's training as such... so I guess he's splitting it 50/50. Which is absolutely fucked, especially for a title fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 12:51 pm

Well while I agree that this sucks for Connor, I don't really see how you can blame Aldo for the Mendes option being put out there.
That's a UFC decision, not an Aldo decision. I mean I guess you could argue that Aldo being injured has complicated the situation, but to go so far as to say his injury is some kind of bush league antic mastermind plan to fuck up McGregor's training is a bit of a reach, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 1:51 pm

I don't think it is as far of a reach as you think... if he's injured but still fighting why put it out there? There is only a couple reasons I can think of...

1) He now has a built in excuse/boast "I was injured"
2) To throw off Connor's training camp as much as he has thrown off Aldo's

What other reasoning is there?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 5:41 pm

Training injuries get leaked all the time. If it isn't the fighter or the manager, it's a training partner, coach, student, or anybody really.
So why is it that this time you guys wanna view it as something malicious on Aldo's part?

Come on now, I'm on Team McGregor as much as any of us, but we're entering tinfoil hat territory here. lol

Like I said, this really does suck for McGregor, Im not debating that. But I put the blame on the UFC for keeping him in limbo like this.
With that said, I think the UFC is also kind of in a no-win situation here. I mean, what are they supposed to do? If the cancel the fight, people will lose their shit. Now they're putting a back-up plan in place to ensure that no matter what happens, there will still be a fight, and you guys are still losing your shit! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:29 pm

I've got my angry tin foil hat on!!!!

Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. Angry_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.   Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off. Empty

Back to top Go down

Aldo injured!!!! Fight with connor may be off.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next