The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas Vote_lcapChris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas Voting_barChris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas Vote_lcapChris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas Voting_barChris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10259

Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas   Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:42 am

A middleweight title fight between champion Chris Weidman and challenger Luke Rockhold (14-2 MMA, 4-1 UFC) will co-headline UFC 194 in December.

UFC officials today announced the fight.

UFC 194 takes place Dec. 12 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

As previously announced, longtime featherweight champion Jose Aldo (25-1 MMA, 7-0 UFC) meets recently crowned interim titleholder Conor McGregor (18-2 MMA, 6-0 UFC) in the headliner, and the event is expected to be one of the biggest in MMA history.

Weidman (13-0 MMA, 9-0 UFC), who recently clashed with his long-expected foe on Twitter, is ranked No. 1 in the NOS Energy Drink MMA middleweight rankings, and Rockhold is No. 2.

Weidman, who turned pro in 2009 after earning NCAA Division I All-American wrestling honors, looks for his fourth consecutive title defense after taking the belt from longtime champ Anderson Silva in 2013. The 31-year-old Serra-Longo Fight Team member has since posted title defenses over Silva, Lyoto Machida and Vitor Belfort.

Rockhold, a 30-year-old American Kickboxing Academy rep, earned his title shot on the strength of a four-fight winning streak. After a loss to Belfort in 2013, the former Strikeforce champion has defeated Costas Philippou, Tim Boestch, Michael Bisping and Machida. He earned three fight-night bonuses in the process.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/champ-chris-weidman-vs-luke-rockhold-co-headlines-ufc-194-in-las-vegas

hard to bet against weidman but i hope this is a war
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas   Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 8:37 am

Holy fuck I am going to be shitting a pickle for the last hour of this card.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas   Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 11:07 am

It's looking like this is the big end of the year card. This is already an awesome line up, and hopefully they'll stack the the rest of the card and make it an all time great! The UFC needs that right now.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas   Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 10:37 pm

And now Yoel Romero vs Jacare Souza has been added!!

http://www.mmaweekly.com/jacare-souza-meets-yoel-romero-at-ufc-194-in-title-elimination-bout

So.....

Jose Aldo vs Connor Mcgregor

Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockold

Jacare Souza vs Yoel Romero

Metal War! Metal War!

Fuckin hell, they could throw a fight between two unranked women's BWs in the last main card spot and this would still be in the running for fight card of the year.

I mean hey, you know, please don't do that......I'm just saying, you could.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7966

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas   Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 3:11 am

holy shit, do i want romero to get absolutely demolished by jacare. i hope he doesnt just knocks him out but makes him look stupid as he is and then chokes him out.
the other two fights i could go either way with slight edges to rockhold and aldo. i mean, just by mma math, rockhold dominated machida where weidman couldnt, though that machida with rockhold wasnt his old self. and mcgregor, i believe would lose to mendes on full camp, though aldo will not take him down, but aldo hits a lot harder than anyone mcgregor has faced
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10259

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas   Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 11:09 am

jds vs overeem

and

fedor vs arlovski/mir winner

Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas   Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Have I already mentioned this card would of been in MSG? Sad
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas   Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 3:56 pm

FistK wrote:
Have I already mentioned this card would of been in MSG?  Sad

I'm gonna downvote you if you keep bringing that up!!

Mad
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31185

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas   Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

FistK wrote:
Have I already mentioned this card would of been in MSG?  Sad

I'm gonna downvote you if you keep bringing that up!!

Mad

That's what you guys get for living in a shitty state, California is nice this year Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas   Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold co-headlines UFC 194 in Las Vegas
Page 1 of 1